Home

Thoughts on Chris Smoove's MyTeam "Rant" and other MyTeam thoughts...

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Chris Smoove's MyTeam "Rant" and other MyTeam thoughts... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2015, 11:04 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on Chris Smoove's MyTeam "Rant" and other MyTeam thoughts...

Some good ideas here...

Don't get me wrong, I agree with a lot of what Chris Smoove said...but some of it isn't going to lead 2K in the right direction.

For example, when he was talking about the current state of the Auction House and the prices.

There are TWO reasons for this...it's really simple.

The two reasons prices have plummeted and it's hard to sell cards is due to 1) card duplication glitch...and 2) MT farming.

While you can blame the glitchers/cheaters/farmers whatever you want to call them....2K deserves a huge part of the blame as well.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Some good ideas here...

Don't get me wrong, I agree with a lot of what Chris Smoove said...but some of it isn't going to lead 2K in the right direction.

For example, when he was talking about the current state of the Auction House and the prices.

There are TWO reasons for this...it's really simple.

The two reasons prices have plummeted and it's hard to sell cards is due to 1) card duplication glitch...and 2) MT farming.

While you can blame the glitchers/cheaters/farmers whatever you want to call them....2K deserves a huge part of the blame as well.
They got rid of the dupe glitch awhile ago, the markets been screwed up for like 3 weeks.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:28 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunro
They got rid of the dupe glitch awhile ago, the markets been screwed up for like 3 weeks.
He also didn't mention the original MT glitch that allowed people to get millions of MT. If that didn't exist there wouldn't be cards on the Auction House for 600k.

That and all of these issues are beneficial to 2K. The harder it is to earn MT and better cards, the more likely people will spend more money on VC. I personally hate the idea of microtransactions and refuse to buy them, but I understand other people will. And as long as there isn't a viable way to obtain the points through casual/normal gameplay people will pay 2k instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2015, 05:50 AM   #12
Banned

Just copy FIFA and keep Domination, that fixes pretty much everything.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #13
Rookie

Fifa has one of the worst markets right now. Almost all of the top players in fifa are out of reach. Thats whats actually nice about myteam on here is you can get almost every card besides the few elite.

As for chris I think he is kinda jaded from spending so much on packs. He is also forgetting the collecting aspect which matters to a lot of players. I dont know why he wants the market to be inflated I would rather the cards be cheap.

This game is less about playing the market and more about playing the game. Fifa is a full time stock broker game lets stay away from that.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #14
Rookie

People are making this much too complicated.

There is and always has been ONE issue with myteam. Period. Everything else is just secondary complaints that we can nitpick all day.

2k has fixed the game mode so that you HAVE to pay money to get the best cards. It's really just that simple.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #15
Rookie

Everything he said is right, really good video, but like jbandy said they do this **** on purpose, not buying the game next year, can't support these """"people"""".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbandy10
2k has fixed the game mode so that you HAVE to pay money to get the best cards. It's really just that simple.
No they haven't. They've set it up so that you need to invest time in it and grind OR spend money.

That's the way it should be, you shouldn't be able to load the game up bash out a few games and get an Uber lavender onyx diamond platinum Lebron.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »