Home

Old 02-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: TBT 2/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15
Keep defending 2K and carry on living in your fantasy world

It's not about how easy it is to fix things, it's about where their priorities lie. All you have to do is look at their past history of fixing exploits/glitches in their game to see that. Does it take two years+ to fix zig-zagging? What excuse are you going to come up with to defend them?

There will be no salary cap mode coming, it's common sense why it's not in their best interest. Do you see any other game with an ultimate team mode with a salary cap? It's obvious they want to make one main mode where people will have to spend money in order to advance to the top.

You can wish for all the features you want, but you have to be realistic at the same time.
I agree about gameplay fixes being more difficult but I also believe if those same gameplay issues were costing 2K VC purchases they would be fixed much more quickly. I think that is a lot of players main complaint about the greed of 2K. We get that the goal with my team is to make money but wish 2K wouldn't so blatantly disregard some of the big gameplay fixes that are needed.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh1142
I agree about gameplay fixes being more difficult but I also believe if those same gameplay issues were costing 2K VC purchases they would be fixed much more quickly. I think that is a lot of players main complaint about the greed of 2K. We get that the goal with my team is to make money but wish 2K wouldn't so blatantly disregard some of the big gameplay fixes that are needed.
Agreed. I think we all realize that gameplay is more difficult to fix but considering their past history, we know it's not high on their priority list. First on the list is fixing anything that relates to them losing VC and anything else is way down the list.

Look no further than the server issues, lag and disconnects. This should be one of their main priorities because it affects their core gameplay but we know in reality, it's nowhere close.

Ryan/Scherzer/Fernandez/Cueto/Darvish
Old 02-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Agreed. I think we all realize that gameplay is more difficult to fix but considering their past history, we know it's not high on their priority list. First on the list is fixing anything that relates to them losing VC and anything else is way down the list.

Look no further than the server issues, lag and disconnects. This should be one of their main priorities because it affects their core gameplay but we know in reality, it's nowhere close.
Because we still buy and play the game because it is the best basketball game

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #76
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
Because we still buy and play the game because it is the best basketball game
That's what happens when you have no competition.

Live is nowhere close right now.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Keep defending 2K and carry on living in your fantasy world

It's not about how easy it is to fix things, it's about where their priorities lie. All you have to do is look at their past history of fixing exploits/glitches in their game to see that. Does it take two years+ to fix zig-zagging? What excuse are you going to come up with to defend them?

There will be no salary cap mode coming, it's common sense why it's not in their best interest. Do you see any other game with an ultimate team mode with a salary cap? It's obvious they want to make one main mode where people will have to spend money in order to advance to the top.

You can wish for all the features you want, but you have to be realistic at the same time.
Oh yeah...fall back on the tired old argument that I'm "defending" 2K.

No...I'm just an ADULT living in reality, whereas you appear to be a CHILD making the same tired old statements over...and over...and over...

First off, quit trying to argue that 2K hasn't fixed zig-zagging....it was nerf'd in the patch and is nowhere near the problem you make it out to be. Most of the guys still complaining constantly about zig-zagging, well....they suck at defense.

You're missing the point...I'm not saying every part of MyTeam should have a salary cap or restrictions. I'm saying that 2K needs to add a mode in MyTeam that has restrictions where you play other real people, not the CPU like the current Challenge mode.

Arguing that this will NEVER happen because 2K only cares about money is silly...

Anyone who has read a few of the MyTeam threads on this forum or watched some YouTube videos about MyTeam realizes that this is something many players want. They also realize its something that increases replay-ability.

More people playing MyTeam....for longer periods of time....means MORE money for 2K, not less.

So...if it's "all about the money", then this is something 2K would be interested in adding.

There's nothing unrealistic about thinking this can happen.

Last edited by coached17; 02-26-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:28 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coached17
Oh yeah...fall back on the tired old argument that I'm "defending" 2K.

No...I'm just an ADULT living in reality, whereas you appear to be a CHILD making the same tired old statements over...and over...and over...

First off, quit trying to argue that 2K hasn't fixed zig-zagging....it was nerf'd in the patch and is nowhere near the problem you make it out to be. Most of the guys still complaining constantly about zig-zagging, well....they suck at defense.
You think they fixed zig-zagging? Yes, they claimed to have fixed it in the patch but I would say otherwise (and a lot of people would agree). It's just as prevalent as it was before the patch. It seems like either, you haven't played this mode very much, or aren't very good at it, thus all the complaining about people using superteams. Considering their own community manager, LD2K was streaming himself playing 2K on Twitch and complained about people zig-zagging and chucking 3s post patch.

Quote:
You're missing the point...I'm not saying every part of MyTeam should have a salary cap or restrictions. I'm saying that 2K needs to add a mode in MyTeam that has a restrictions where you play other real people, not the CPU like the current Challenge mode.

Arguing that this will NEVER happen because 2K only cares about money is silly...

Anyone who has read a few of the MyTeam threads on this forum or watched some YouTube videos about MyTeam realizes that this is something many players want. They also realize its something that increases replay-ability.

More people playing MyTeam....for longer periods of time....means MORE money for 2K, not less.

So...if it's "all about the money", then this is something 2K would be interested in adding.

There's nothing unrealistic about thinking this can happen.
You're saying I don't get your point? I understood the mode part just fine. Maybe you didn't read my post carefully enough? I'll post it again for you to read.

Quote:
There's nothing unrealistic about your request....if you choose to ignore 2K's past history. You can keep wishing all you want but I'm betting it won't happen based on other games/ultimate team modes and 2K's history.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:54 PM   #79
Banned

I stepped away from this discussion to calm down a little bit...as this had gotten a bit out of control....

Quote:
You think they fixed zig-zagging? Yes, they claimed to have fixed it in the patch but I would say otherwise (and a lot of people would agree). It's just as prevalent as it was before the patch. It seems like either, you haven't played this mode very much, or aren't very good at it, thus all the complaining about people using superteams. Considering their own community manager, LD2K was streaming himself playing 2K on Twitch and complained about people zig-zagging and chucking 3s post patch.
The zig-zagging isn't completely gone, but it's night and day from when the game first came out.

Personally, I think it's used by weak players who rely on it because the current ISOmotion setup isn't really user-friendly. It's easy if you've been playing the game for years and years...but if you are new to the game or skipped a few editions?

I just don't think it's the huge issue that you made it out to be. And part of the problem lies on 2K's shoulders as they've made the controls a bit clunky - especially for new players.

I've played the mode a lot...and played plenty of RTTP. I just have a different outlook on it, which is why you don't understand my issue with super teams.

First off, it has NOTHING to do with losing. I play games to win, but I have zero interest in trying to collect every card and get to the higher levels of RTTP just to acquire some digital card to use. I have no interest in this...whether it be for the "challenge" or to brag about it to my friends or random people on the interwebs.

I play the mode because I like mixing and matching players from different teams and across various era's of basketball.

I'm not complaining that people are using super teams...if that is what they WANT to do...fine, do it.

Personally, I feel it's playing this mode at it's "lowest common denominator" level....but if that's what others want to do, then so be it.

I'm just not sure why myself...and others like me...are FORCED to play against other players who clearly don't share the same philosophies on the mode?

It's obvious that adding this (while also keeping the current RTTP in place) gives the mode more DEPTH and makes the mode much more replay-able. Especially for people who don't feel the need to chase after what is literally an "imaginary" trophy.

Quote:
There's nothing unrealistic about your request....if you choose to ignore 2K's past history. You can keep wishing all you want but I'm betting it won't happen based on other games/ultimate team modes and 2K's history.

As far as 2K's history goes...they've already added something very close to this when they added the "Play Against a Friend" option to the mode.

This is basically HALWAY to what players like myself are looking for. All we want is a mode that is basically "Play a Friend" combined with Challenge Mode.

So...this isn't a huge step or anything.

As far as other game modes go....the last thing 2K should be doing is simply copying and cloning the Ultimate team modes from other games. There's nothing wrong with a little innovation....especially since if it's done properly - it could result in PROFITS.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #80
Pro

Quote:
I stepped away from this discussion to calm down a little bit...as this had gotten a bit out of control....

The zig-zagging isn't completely gone, but it's night and day from when the game first came out.

Personally, I think it's used by weak players who rely on it because the current ISOmotion setup isn't really user-friendly. It's easy if you've been playing the game for years and years...but if you are new to the game or skipped a few editions?

I just don't think it's the huge issue that you made it out to be. And part of the problem lies on 2K's shoulders as they've made the controls a bit clunky - especially for new players.

I've played the mode a lot...and played plenty of RTTP. I just have a different outlook on it, which is why you don't understand my issue with super teams.

First off, it has NOTHING to do with losing. I play games to win, but I have zero interest in trying to collect every card and get to the higher levels of RTTP just to acquire some digital card to use. I have no interest in this...whether it be for the "challenge" or to brag about it to my friends or random people on the interwebs.

I play the mode because I like mixing and matching players from different teams and across various era's of basketball.

I'm not complaining that people are using super teams...if that is what they WANT to do...fine, do it.

Personally, I feel it's playing this mode at it's "lowest common denominator" level....but if that's what others want to do, then so be it.

I'm just not sure why myself...and others like me...are FORCED to play against other players who clearly don't share the same philosophies on the mode?

It's obvious that adding this (while also keeping the current RTTP in place) gives the mode more DEPTH and makes the mode much more replay-able. Especially for people who don't feel the need to chase after what is literally an "imaginary" trophy.

As far as 2K's history goes...they've already added something very close to this when they added the "Play Against a Friend" option to the mode.

This is basically HALWAY to what players like myself are looking for. All we want is a mode that is basically "Play a Friend" combined with Challenge Mode.

So...this isn't a huge step or anything.

As far as other game modes go....the last thing 2K should be doing is simply copying and cloning the Ultimate team modes from other games. There's nothing wrong with a little innovation....especially since if it's done properly - it could result in PROFITS.
I don't enjoy playing against people running up and down the court, constantly dunking and spamming steals or spamming 3s either. Unfortunately, the way this mode is setup and combined with the gameplay, this is just how it is.

It seems like a lot of people that play this mode, just want to get to the first seed or get the rewards and they will play in which ever manner is the easiest. in 2K, it's just far too easy to win playing that way and that's the route they will take.

We all want a more balanced game and more interesting challenges but I just don't see it happening any time soon. There has been little progress addressing the cheesiness of the mode, the unstable servers and the variety of gameplay modes since last year. Just look at the challenges, they are completely lazy. They're all the same with the exception of the opponents lineups. There is obviously little thought or effort put into these.

I just don't think they are willing to put in the work to make this mode better, unless there is a clear monetary value for them to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »