Home

Sapphire Wilkins Challenge

This is a discussion on Sapphire Wilkins Challenge within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #73
Rookie

Indiana Trece's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sapphire Wilkins Challenge

I finally ended up beating it after using my best players which made it a lot easier. Of course my diamond KD got injured for 16 games in the process.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:29 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
All you really need is someone who can stop LeBron and you'll be fine. The CPU runs almost all of their plays through LeBron.

Try to push the tempo and not call any timeouts, so that LeBron gets tired faster. He's basically the CPU's only scoring threat.

My strategy was to attack kyrie due to his weak d and he ended up in foul trouble. That worked because kyrie was killing me but dellavadova is a little easier to stay in front of. Lol. Kawhi does a good job on lebron as well.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #75
Banned

Is there any way to play RTTPs from Europe? Every time I try to play I get like uplayable lag, and I mean f.ucking 2 Second delays. I can't hit a f.ucking jumpshot to save my life.
Is there a option to only allow to play against people from your Region?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #76
Pro

I was up 15 to 20 points all game until the final 2 mins when i started missing layups/dunks and getting random turnovers. Ended up going to overtime so i was afraid this would end up being the two brothers challenge all over again. Luckily things went back to normal in OT and i won (about 150-140). 46 points from glen rice and 37 for byron scott, eaton with 17 boards was crucial as well.

One of my 3 favorite 80's superstars, along with barkley and bird. Looks like i finally have my true superstar to build around. Thank you 2k I'll go ahead and ignore the fact that everyone will get him and pretend he's a first step toward making up for my 150€ wasted on useless packs. Next and final step would be the same challenge with 00-01 vince carter as a reward. Hey, i can dream right?
Old 03-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiquilaSunrise
Is there any way to play RTTPs from Europe? Every time I try to play I get like uplayable lag, and I mean f.ucking 2 Second delays. I can't hit a f.ucking jumpshot to save my life.
Is there a option to only allow to play against people from your Region?
I'm pretty sure the game matches you with people from your region by default. Maybe you have an american psn/xbox account or something? Either way i really don't think location matters all that much, i mean in previous 2k's (ps3 2k10,11,12,13,14) i played with or against americans all the time and never noticed more lag than when i played europeans.

Maybe you have a subpar connection or are using wifi? Or maybe you're just counting all the input lag, sluggish animations and unresponsive controls and add it to the regular lag. That would make sense, all of those things combined do add up to horrible lag but that's just the standard 2k15 online experience and has nothing to do with location. Although 2 seconds does seem a lot, are you sure that's not a bit of hyperbole? I don't see how you could even take jumpers with 2 seconds of lag, i'd imagine you'd be running out of bounds or getting blocked half the time.

From what i can tell (usernames, mic's, various other clues) i solely get matched up with other europeans and tbh i really don't like that. I miss the american players, if only because i miss the funny trash talking. Europeans really aren't any good at that, most of the time it's either bad english, some foreign language i don't/barely understand or simply that god awful UK accent.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #78
Rookie

HellaKeller's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
All you really need is someone who can stop LeBron and you'll be fine. The CPU runs almost all of their plays through LeBron.

Try to push the tempo and not call any timeouts, so that LeBron gets tired faster. He's basically the CPU's only scoring threat.

Understood but you're only 50% correct. I went in with this tactic and at halftime Kyrie has 24 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2015, 10:26 PM   #79
Rookie

It took me two games but I finally beat it. First game I blew it by trying to call a time out leading by 5 points and instead of getting a time out my button presses causes an intentional foul and Kyrie sank 2 shots then I missed free throws and LBJ hit a 3 pointer at the buzzer to send it to OT and in OT everything went wrong and I could not buy a bucket. Ended up losing by 6 points, 140-134. LBJ put 44 points up on me even though I had my LBJ guarding him most of the game and Durant some too!

Second game I let my LBJ guard him(LBJ) again with KD some and he only put up 17!

I won by 16 points 118-102!

I have a pretty good lineup with Ruby Payton, Ruby Klay T., LBJ, Ruby Couisins, and Paul Milsap. My second unit had Ruby Kobe, KD, Shroeder, Emerald Davis.

Last edited by mjm76; 03-08-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:47 PM   #80
Rookie

HellaKeller's Arena

So I'm paused with a 5 point lead in the fourth quarter and just thinking of how I'd use sapph Nique. He's a 94 overall. He'd most likely replace my ruby Frobe as the SG off the bench. Does this sound comparable? I'm just contemplating if that even would be a decent replacement. Any thoughts/advice? Those with nique?? Thanks 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »