Home

How underrated is Wilt 2K...don't get his Onyx wrong!

This is a discussion on How underrated is Wilt 2K...don't get his Onyx wrong! within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How underrated is Wilt 2K...don't get his Onyx wrong!

i was just talking about this a few weeks ago. i was all excited because i saved up enough mt to purchase wilt. shortly after that i could not wait to sell him lol. which i did and bough hakeem.

when i started using wilt i too realized that his offensive skill sets in the game were severely handicapped. when i saw his ratings i went right over the basketball reference and saw that he averaged 21 points and shot 50% from the field. 2k for some reason needs to retool this system i have seen so many players in this games ratings low balled to a level that is equal to a sophmore in HS. especially the historic players. i dont think any player in the nba should have a layup rating lower then 70-75. any player in the nba is capable of making layups.

centers raitings should always be high close up. i know they want to have some balance for the card types but there has to be another way.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstsportsgamer1977
i was just talking about this a few weeks ago. i was all excited because i saved up enough mt to purchase wilt. shortly after that i could not wait to sell him lol. which i did and bough hakeem.

when i started using wilt i too realized that his offensive skill sets in the game were severely handicapped. when i saw his ratings i went right over the basketball reference and saw that he averaged 21 points and shot 50% from the field. 2k for some reason needs to retool this system i have seen so many players in this games ratings low balled to a level that is equal to a sophmore in HS. especially the historic players. i dont think any player in the nba should have a layup rating lower then 70-75. any player in the nba is capable of making layups.

centers raitings should always be high close up. i know they want to have some balance for the card types but there has to be another way.
He also said that late in his career he could have averaged more ppg but he wanted to get assists. And he did lead the league in assists on year. And he always shot way over 50% from the field for his entire career. Bill Russell never came close to 50% once

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis

Last edited by BlessingSpore72; 03-18-2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 03-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingSpore72
He also said that late in his career he could have averaged more ppg but he wanted to get assists. And he did lead the league in assists on year. And he always shot way over 50% from the field for his entire career. Bill Russell never came close to 50% once
lol right? but bill russell is rated higher. wilt is the one person in this game that i would feel comfortable with knowing that he is rated 99 right out of the gate...with MJ.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenesaispas
lol right? but bill russell is rated higher. wilt is the one person in this game that i would feel comfortable with knowing that he is rated 99 right out of the gate...with MJ.

Wilt's highest fg% was in his last season and it was 72% Russell's highest was 46.7%

Old 03-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Wilt's highest fg% was in his last season and it was 72% Russell's highest was 46.7%
2K Devs avoid threads like this.

i mean they managed to get Pierce dead wrong. Wilt dead wrong. they've overrated players that shouldnt have the ratings that they do(Onyx Rose).

And why do they have SO many variations of Jordan in this game? I mean honestly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
2K Devs avoid threads like this.

i mean they managed to get Pierce dead wrong. Wilt dead wrong. they've overrated players that shouldnt have the ratings that they do(Onyx Rose).

And why do they have SO many variations of Jordan in this game? I mean honestly.
I agree. I am not a fan of Pierce's but i respect him and think he should be higher then 89. And rose a 96. Thats crazy. He had a decent year but they continually win without him and make the playoffs every year. Lebron's teams have always struggled with out him. Just saying Lebron should have won the MVP that year lol. And yes im a huge Lebron fan, always have been

Old 03-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
I agree. I am not a fan of Pierce's but i respect him and think he should be higher then 89. And rose a 96. Thats crazy. He had a decent year but they continually win without him and make the playoffs every year. Lebron's teams have always struggled with out him. Just saying Lebron should have won the MVP that year lol. And yes im a huge Lebron fan, always have been
i'm a massive fan of both but I know that Rose shouldnt have been a 96. and Pierce's numbers were better than Kobe's in 05-06 except scoring. And Pierce was still 6th in the league. Yet Onyx Kobe is a 99 and Pierce an 89. They've no clue what they are doing.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
i'm a massive fan of both but I know that Rose shouldnt have been a 96. and Pierce's numbers were better than Kobe's in 05-06 except scoring. And Pierce was still 6th in the league. Yet Onyx Kobe is a 99 and Pierce an 89. They've no clue what they are doing.

They're clearly bias. Pierce shot a better 3 and fg % but Kobe has higher shooting ratings. Kobe 3 and mid range is overrated. I don't think Pierce is underrated tho a 89 is appropriate for him. He wasn't a great athlete or defender, and those are key attributes for a wing player when calculating overall. His mid range seems a bit low tho.

That ONXY d Rose is grossly overrated tho.

They got the 35 & 36 yrs old Wilt in the game and he wasn't a dominant scorer at that age. I don't think he's underrated in 2k. I hope the ONXY Wilt will have max out inside scoring and boosted athleticism. If D12 is a 95 ONXY Wilt has to be a 98-99.

XB1

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »