Home

LD2K Challenge

This is a discussion on LD2K Challenge within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2015, 12:46 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: LD2K Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by iker30
I don't think it's only HOF. If you compare it to the #1 draft pick challenge, it feels like both are HOF but the sliders are so much to your disadvantage. It's not just better sliders for the CPU but it feels like your sliders are lowered. In the #1 pick challenge, it's still hard to defend, but I'm actually able to hit 3s that don't have perfect releases.
LD2K himself confirmed in Tuesday's Twitch stream that his challenge was on Hall of Fame difficulty.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #58
Pro

roboas's Arena

OVR: 0

This challenge gets ridiculous in the last few minutes when Magic starts bombing contested 3s and every other play is an in-traffic alley oop to shaq.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
CPU gets fouled if you breathe on them....User cant buy a foul.
As the picture shows above, I had no trouble drawing fouls while penetrating. It seemed like the CPU has their settings on "play physical," as they were really aggressive in contesting shots. Oscar Robertson got to the line 10 times for me just be driving off side pick and rolls.

Quote:
Doesnt matter who your Center or PF is....you are gonna get killed on the boards.
Hakeem Olajuwon (10 rebounds) and Larry Bird (12 rebounds) did a good job on the boards for me. I had my points of emphasis set to "crash glass" on both ends of the floor.

Quote:
They dont miss wide open shots but you will....3pt, midrange, under the basket.
The shooting sliders are definitely rigged in the CPU's favor, but you can still put up decent percentages if you shoot with the right players in the right spots. I went 6 of 8 from three with Detlef Schrempf (89 three point rating), just because I mostly shot from his red zones on the floor.

Quote:
If anyone has beat this game while shooting below 70% let me know. thats the only way I see winning. you have to play a perfect game. I was up by 15 and the computer went on a 40-7 run and time outs dont stop the bleeding.
You don't have to be perfect, but you will need to be consistently good in your execution. 12 minute quarters means you can't slack off or go into "2K rage" mode and just start jacking up bad shots.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

You're a much better player than me. I couldn't hit open threes with good shooters at all. Even the free throws were difficult for me when I usually hit a great percentage of them. I was something like 3/11 on open threes when I gave up and just didn't take any more. Then when I would drive I would get fouled with lots of no calls.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

As the picture shows above, I had no trouble drawing fouls while penetrating. It seemed like the CPU has their settings on "play physical," as they were really aggressive in contesting shots. Oscar Robertson got to the line 10 times for me just be driving off side pick and rolls.

Hakeem Olajuwon (10 rebounds) and Larry Bird (12 rebounds) did a good job on the boards for me. I had my points of emphasis set to "crash glass" on both ends of the floor.

The shooting sliders are definitely rigged in the CPU's favor, but you can still put up decent percentages if you shoot with the right players in the right spots. I went 6 of 8 from three with Detlef Schrempf (89 three point rating), just because I mostly shot from his red zones on the floor.

You don't have to be perfect, but you will need to be consistently good in your execution. 12 minute quarters means you can't slack off or go into "2K rage" mode and just start jacking up bad shots.
I wasnt really penetrating much. What I was talking about was on the break....I was getting hammered and not getting a foul call. its ridiculous to get that many no-calls.

10 and 12 boards isnt that much in a 48 min game. on the Wilkens challenge, Varejao aways got 15 plus on me....but on the other hand.....I would have 3 or 4 players in double digit rebounds.

As far as the hotspots...thats all I shoot from with Curry and Durant. Curry is admittedly hard to hit consistently with though and sometimes Durant.

Whether you go into rage mode or not doesnt justify why so many wide open shots, particularly from 3 are missed. Whats raging about working to get a wide open shot? There's a problem with that...and its called lack of realism. when the CPU gets ramped up....either you can take it or shut the game off. trust me....I have made runs and every time you get close or take the lead...they go off on some bs.

Of course after beating this challenge once, there is not need to play it again because the rewards have been redeemed....but how many times can one win this challenge say out of 10 times?

looking at your summary...you played a great game. your playing style is different from mine and in order to beat this challenge I have to change my style....the problem is...for some of us...that change is drastic. were you playing them tight on defense?

Last edited by synistr; 03-19-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #62
Rookie

H3LLGWAR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

I was able to win despite shooting just 50% compared to them shooting 53%. I shot 39% from 3s and they shot 38%. I did go 26-30 for 87% from the line.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:00 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
were you playing them tight on defense?
This was my defensive strategy:

Quote:
I found that it was best to just double team off whichever big man is furthest from the basket.

Shaq and Wilt won't be hurting you with their jump shots. So take control of the man that's guarding one of them, and use that defender to go for steals/traps.

If both of the AI's big men are in the paint, though, you'll want to stay at home, so you don't give up an offensive rebound. Only bring the helper over when Shaq/Wilt wander out to the perimeter.

Being extremely physical with Shaq/Wilt whenever they get the ball in deep isn't a bad strategy, either, since both have low-50s free throw ratings.
Using that strategy, Worthy and Kobe each dropped 21 points on me (most of their points came in transition), but everyone else on their team had just 15 points or less.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #64
QNo
MVP

Finally got around to playing this challenge. It was a really fun game. I kept the pace slow because I ran an 8-man rotation: Onyx Oscar/Onyx Hondo/LBJ/Pink Bird/Emerald AD, with Rondo/Diamond KD/Sapphire DJ from the bench. I was up a little bit after the first and second quarter, about 5. Pulled away in the 3rd to make it almost 20. They came back to about 13 in the 4th, but once I broke the momentum and scored it was smooth sailing for the rest.

I just played my normal game, ran a 4-1 with lots of PnRs and the 5-6 plays from my playbook I like to use. I got to the basket pretty easily, Lebron hat 36, KD 26, Hondo 25. I played neutral aggression on D after reading that people got lots of freethrows against them and switched it to conservative when they went on a short run in the 4th. This resulted in them only shooting 6 free throws. I did nothing special on D, except always putting LBJ or Oscar on Kobe, their biggest scoring threat, hiding Hondo on Worthy. Magic posted up Oscar a few times so I had to put KD on him, no problems afterwards.

This challenge was really fun, I'll probably replay it a few times to test some lineups and new players. Hoping that they put some more, similar challenges like this into the game. I hated the dunkers challenge because the sliders are super strange, whereas they feel completely normal in this challenge. For all the other tough challenges you can't use your normal lineup, so they're pretty pointless. It was less challenging than I thought, as others have mentioned they have 0 spacing so as long as you play tight on Kobe you can just clog the paint. I played normal on-ball D all game, no double teams or anything. The reward seems fair and very generous compared to what other challenges give you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »