Home

What are your 3 Gold players for challenges?

This is a discussion on What are your 3 Gold players for challenges? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 09:38 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What are your 3 Gold players for challenges?

85-86 Magic, 95-96 MJ and LeBron. Love it
Old 04-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I let D12 set a pick and then read the defense, if Howard rolls to the basket you often get an open alley-oop. Ruby Dawkins is like Howard on steroids, by the way. Never tried Reed, I shy a way from undersized guys with few badges. Send me a PM if you wanna play sometime
Will do, once I finish with Challenges. Started trying to get better with PnR play now...still very spazzy and am terrible at timing the pass to the rolling picker, but imagine that's just a matter of practice.

In general, my play is spazzy and amateurish and I'm only just beginning to plan out offensive plays more sophisticated than passing into the post and PFA spamming.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #35
Rookie

I used to have Dwight Howard as part of my 3-gold .. but eventually I bought the silver Shawn Bradley and now he's always my startup Center. His defense is just way too much better than Howard, and I don't need much offence by the Center frankly any post offense besides fade is way too inefficient in 2K15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 06:17 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2001
I used to have Dwight Howard as part of my 3-gold .. but eventually I bought the silver Shawn Bradley and now he's always my startup Center. His defense is just way too much better than Howard, and I don't need much offence by the Center frankly any post offense besides fade is way too inefficient in 2K15
Never played with Bradley and don't know how his height might override/enhance his ratings, but his defensive ratings are actually much lower than Howards, except for Block. And I suspect, even if his size makes his lower ratings somewhat irrelevant, his terrible speed and quickness make it tough to get him into position to use his height. If you're looking for defensive Silver Center, you might want to look at Bogut:

http://2kmtcentral.com/players/compare/428/84/46

Also, while not as reliable as a PFA shot, I find Hook Shots pretty reliable if the player has high Hook Shot rating and is also strong enough to back the defender deep into the paint.

But I never even thought to look for Shawn Bradley. Thanks for the tip...may try him out.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:19 PM   #37
Pro

DutchMastah7's Arena

OVR: 6

Usually run with Curry, LeBron, and either Duncan or AD.

I also like to run Pippen in place of LBJ from time to time.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

NBA: Bulls (Secondary Team: Hornets)
NFL: Colts
NHL: Blues
MLB: Mariners
Old 05-01-2015, 05:12 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Never played with Bradley and don't know how his height might override/enhance his ratings, but his defensive ratings are actually much lower than Howards, except for Block. And I suspect, even if his size makes his lower ratings somewhat irrelevant, his terrible speed and quickness make it tough to get him into position to use his height. If you're looking for defensive Silver Center, you might want to look at Bogut:

http://2kmtcentral.com/players/compare/428/84/46

Also, while not as reliable as a PFA shot, I find Hook Shots pretty reliable if the player has high Hook Shot rating and is also strong enough to back the defender deep into the paint.

But I never even thought to look for Shawn Bradley. Thanks for the tip...may try him out.

I wasn't able to guard Olajuwon or get rebounds in the 2Bro challenge and other HOF challenges with D12 but I'm able to use Shawn Bradley to get through all of them with the same team. It's just so much easier to get board and inference shot with him than D12 .. I'm actually using Bronze centers with height (7'0, 7'1) and they actually work very well too.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:56 AM   #39
Rookie

D12, Glen Rice, Paul George. Silvers Jamal Mashburn, Deandre, and Goran do most of the work tho
Old 05-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2001
I wasn't able to guard Olajuwon or get rebounds in the 2Bro challenge and other HOF challenges with D12 but I'm able to use Shawn Bradley to get through all of them with the same team. It's just so much easier to get board and inference shot with him than D12 .. I'm actually using Bronze centers with height (7'0, 7'1) and they actually work very well too.
Have you played with Mark Eaton? I would think that, for your purposes, he works out better than Shawn Bradley:

http://2kmtcentral.com/players/compare/429/428

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »