Home

No team-practice or scrimmage mode in MyTeam?

This is a discussion on No team-practice or scrimmage mode in MyTeam? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2015, 11:20 PM   #9
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No team-practice or scrimmage mode in MyTeam?

Cool. I'll try that, then. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:47 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Best thing to do is to create a custom roster with one of the teams modified to have you players and playbook of choice...then you can just do Scrimmage as normal. You can even edit players' Badges to match what you might have on yours.
Great advice. I wish I could test coach's defensive setting in Scrimmage mode.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:09 AM   #11
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

I highly recommend Harry's suggestion to create a new roster and trade your MyTeam players to it. It works great. Come to think of it, you could even create two squads, and scrimmage with your "A" team against your "B" team to see how your own guys play D against you.

As good as the roster workaround is, for future releases of the game, I hope 2K considers adding a dedicated practice mode for MyTeam. The custom roster works great, but you're limited to 15 players. That's not a big deal, but it'd be handy to have all the players on one gigantic squad so that I could sub in at will to experiment with different personnel at different positions. Plus, it's a minor nuisance to have to load the custom roster every time you want to practice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #12
MVP

The first year of MyTeam they had one and it was great to practice different plays no idea why they took it out.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
The first year of MyTeam they had one and it was great to practice different plays no idea why they took it out.
What a pity. Especially since they at least gave us Freestyle. Such a silly omission.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:13 AM   #14
Rookie

HarrySTruman's Arena

Indeed. I didn't realize this was once in MyTeam. Put it back in, 2K!

For me the Ultimate Thing would be the ability to customize my playbook, to assign particular plays to particular players, and then practice with that customized playbook in Scrimmage. I hate having to dig through 2 or 3 menu pages to get to the play I want. I typically have 3-4 plays for each player I want to run, and I'd want them all accessible on the first page of the playbook UI in-game.

As with many things, it's certainly easier for me to suggest it than for them to code it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »