Home

Shoe guide/spreadsheet?

This is a discussion on Shoe guide/spreadsheet? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Shoe guide/spreadsheet?

btw...the shoe idea was great but the execution is lacking.

still cant search by brand.

some players can only be equipped with shoes they dont really need.

some shoes seem as if they dont even work.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:06 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I think its obvious.....their team doesnt know what they are doing. its as if they laid off everyone knowledgeable and hired a bunch of kids to toy around with the updates and pay them in bubble gum and candy bars.
That's actually a perfect description of what is probably going on.

Maybe make some of these cards "Gauntlet only"? I mean, of they insist on this ridiculousness. I imagine that they are attempting to make these comparable to last years onyx cards, but it's becoming a masssssive failure.

Like previously mentioned, it gives us ZERO inventive to grind for top notch reward cards. Some of the Sapphire cards from last year were my fav cards to use. I mean..Elvin Hayes? Great player. Great card. But really? Why not poll your fans to get a clue as to what rewards we would really be proud to earn AND that would be fun to use. I've faced many ppl in Gauntlet that had him on their squad, and I can't think of one instance where the was actually used.

I just went up against a guy with that Jamal, gold Rose, and Tyson Chandler. I had Scottie(as my big man) and two bronze guards. Mofo up and quit after repeatedly throwing up contested prayers with Crawford. Lmmfao. It was 2-2.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark987soul
That's actually a perfect description of what is probably going on.

Maybe make some of these cards "Gauntlet only"? I mean, of they insist on this ridiculousness. I imagine that they are attempting to make these comparable to last years onyx cards, but it's becoming a masssssive failure.

the Diamonds are equivalent to last year's PD cards. Onyx cards were actually the most realistic. Cards today like Gold Kenyon/Boozer are the same cards that were Onyx last year. The PDs were phony, and the Ruby cards were a joke too because they would take a card like Dominique or Clyde and make lazy versions of them. When they did Dunk the Funk they didnt change any stats, except maxed out dunking and athleticism. When they did Pick Pockets, they just maxed out defense and steals. These cards were bogus. The rest of the cards in the game were ok.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 07:46 PM   #36
Banned

Gotcha. Makes sense. Like that ruby MJ. I remember that card being one of the most elite cards to own for only 100k MT. That 3 rating lol

Old 12-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #37
MVP

As ridiculous as those Pink Diamonds and some Rubies were, last year, at least they were almost all all-time greats, or at least current All-NBA sort of players. It's one thing to have a cartoonishly OP Darryl Dawkins or Blake Griffin (or even Andre Iguodala), but an entirely different thing to have an OP Luis Scola or Jamal Crawford.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:29 PM   #38
Banned

***ok.....
I'm not sure exactly, but playing gauntlet definitely had something to do with them going negative. I haven't bought a shoe in days and my players are all boosted. I think pg is at -12 with his shoe. So there is definitely a correlation between shoes and gauntlet. Not sure if it's wins or ppl rage quitting. Idk.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:22 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark987soul
***ok.....
I'm not sure exactly, but playing gauntlet definitely had something to do with them going negative. I haven't bought a shoe in days and my players are all boosted. I think pg is at -12 with his shoe. So there is definitely a correlation between shoes and gauntlet. Not sure if it's wins or ppl rage quitting. Idk.

yeah, it is. I played with cards and it didnt subtract the games, then after you play so many it goes into the neg. dont know why it goes in infinite status because soon after that it comes out.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

After you finish a Gauntlet series with a card that had a shoe at 1 it goes to 0. If you then complete one more series with that card at 0 the shoe will go to infinite.

It doesn't really benefit you that much though since after another Gauntlet series it goes from infinite down to a negative rating which makes the shoe boost disappear.

The boost also disappears after you take an infinite shoe card into RTTP or Domination.

So the infinite shoe glitch isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited by jyoung; 01-07-2016 at 05:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »