Home

Gold or Higher players that play above or below rating

This is a discussion on Gold or Higher players that play above or below rating within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Gold or Higher players that play above or below rating

If the hot/cold zones work like the hot/cold rhythm rings, then your player should be getting a +5 ratings boost for shooting from a hot zone and a -5 ratings decrease for shooting from a cold zone.

That's how the ratings are affected when you have one ring of red/blue rhythm.

Being fatigued can also decrease your shooting ratings. I believe the point of decrease is around 70% stamina. I haven't looked to see the exact number yet.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If the hot/cold zones work like the hot/cold rhythm rings, then your player should be getting a +5 ratings boost for shooting from a hot zone and a -5 ratings decrease for shooting from a cold zone.

That's how the ratings are affected when you have one ring of red/blue rhythm.

Being fatigued can also decrease your shooting ratings. I believe the point of decrease is around 70% stamina. I haven't looked to see the exact number yet.
there are a lot of questions like this and others but really no where to go and find a definitive answer.....or is there?
Old 01-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The easiest way is to take a free throw and it will display your boosted/decreased free throw rating in the top right corner of the screen.

So let's say a player's base free throw rating is 90.

When he has one red ring of rhythm it's 95. When he has two red rings it's 99 (because that's the max rating you can have).

When he has one blue ring it's 85. When he has two blue rings it's 80.

And when he's fatigued in a neutral rhythm it will usually drop to around 88 or 87, which is 2 or 3 points below the base rating.

The rings are always +5 or -5 to every attribute, per ring.

The effects of fatigue are something I haven't studied that much to say exactly what they are and when they trigger, but I know it does decrease a certain amount at a certain stamina percentage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #36
Rookie

Cold zones do in fact make a difference. I have a cold zone on the left wing in MyCareer. In MyPark my player can't get a green from the left wing, but can from anywhere else. I tested this on all-star default settings in practice and it held true. Yellows from everywhere else seem to go in at a much higher percentage as well, so I can definitely tell a difference, in MyTeam as well.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:26 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The rings are always +5 or -5 to every attribute, per ring.
That feels approximately right, but do we actually know this is the case with ratings other than Free Throw?

Quote:
The effects of fatigue are something I haven't studied that much to say exactly what they are and when they trigger, but I know it does decrease a certain amount at a certain stamina percentage.
I think the decrease hits different players at different Energy levels and my guess is that higher Stamina not only means slower decrease in Energy, but also not taking a performance downgrade until a lower Energy level. And, of course, the Hardened Badge and being hot/cold affects things.

I'm quite sure I've seen neutral rhythm guys get a down red arrow when at 79, while someone else at neutral rhythm may be at 77 with no downgrade. But haven't paid close enough attention to see what the actual pattern is, when correlated with base Stamina.

But pretty much positive that 80 is the floor under which performance downgrades will begin to apply. So I usually sub out guys when they're about to hit that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »