Home

The agonizingly SLOW release of Historic players...

This is a discussion on The agonizingly SLOW release of Historic players... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The agonizingly SLOW release of Historic players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by start it up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
I don't care how you think Larry Bird was 'marketed'...he shot 28.6% from 3PT in 1983. And took less than 1 3-point shot per game! He has a 78 rating in ST3PT...which is actually a little high in comparison to other players. So...2K did a little "hey its Larry freaking Bird" bump to the card as far as his 3PT rating goes.
He shot 40% in the playoffs does that not count?
You're looking at the wrong year. He was 1/4 from behind the arc in the 1983 playoffs. Regardless, with the exception of Bird's rookie year, Bird did not shoot well (or often) from behind the arc until the 1984-85 season.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Wizards MJ would have better than 64 speed and still have all the skills except dunking... There are silver players who can run circles around Bird, he's so slow. That's why Dirk isn't more popular in the game, slow players are a huge liability on defense.

As for Bird they don't need multiple versions! Make the best one and release the damn thing!
Wizards MJ would be a low rated Gold. Its funny how people always say how bad MJ last season was....which I understand why but dont believe it to be true. It was horrible compared to MJ standards but statistically it was better than any season Diamond J.R. or Jamal ever had. just shy of 20/5/4 per game on 45% shooting over 82 games? I think there should be a Wizards version, but MJ probably told them not to do it. Cant compare Amethyst Bird to Dirk tho.....Dirk is unusable for me pretty much. Bird is good defender with good lat quickness. Dirk is trash defensively.

Like I said, I would buy this version of Bird if the price was right. I'll put a shoe on him to get his 3 in the 80's, catch his hot zones and bang with him. Still a good defender, rebounder, passer and great mid range shooter. My biggest issue is his shot animation.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTofu
You're looking at the wrong year. He was 1/4 from behind the arc in the 1983 playoffs. Regardless, with the exception of Bird's rookie year, Bird did not shoot well (or often) from behind the arc until the 1984-85 season.
It's my belief the card is based off of his 1983-84 season. I really hate these discussions because they literally go nowhere. Bird as a rookie came into the NBA shooting a high %. The 3pt shot for Bird was not a development. 25-30 years ago Sports writers were not as
Stat happy. (Which is just a lazy way of judging a players performance without watching the games.) For the time period Bird shot a lot from the arc. Attempting over 75 threes a year would be in the top 10 in the 80s. Different game. I'm a big fan of making a legend a legend. Just make one card if you going to do this, and dont put a year on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
I'm a big fan of making a legend a legend. Just make one card if you going to do this, and dont put a year on it.
I think most would disagree with you on this. Most glaringly because: which Jordan would be THE Jordan?
Old 01-06-2016, 07:02 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I think most would disagree with you on this. Most glaringly because: which Jordan would be THE Jordan?
Without a year does it matter

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Without a year does it matter
Noy necessarily, but which attribute/ratings do you go with? Young, middle or older MJ? He evolved quite a bit over the years.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Noy necessarily, but which attribute/ratings do you go with? Young, middle or older MJ? He evolved quite a bit over the years.
Obviously middle. I know he evolved but every year he has 8 cards. Can they not summarize his career in 1 or 2 cards?

Old 01-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Obviously middle. I know he evolved but every year he has 8 cards. Can they not summarize his career in 1 or 2 cards?
No, they can't, because then it would be a fantasy version of MJ that doesn't correspond to any MJ that ever existed at any time, in real life.

So then you'd have something along the lines of the sham Diamonds they have. Would be less of a sham if an MJ, but still a sham nonetheless.

Nobody minds having multiple versions of a player. People only mind not getting the best version earlier in the game. Or when certain players they want are not yet released but there are multiple versions of some other player.

Nobody minds having multiple versions of a player, much less of the greatest player in history.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »