Home

#MTTalk - How to improve My Team

This is a discussion on #MTTalk - How to improve My Team within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #33
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: #MTTalk - How to improve My Team

1) SS/Sim or HoF/Sim across the board for all online modes.
2) Either scratch Dynamics, or scratch the regular cards and have Dynamics only for current players.
3) More challenges
4) More ways to make MT
5) Collection rewards!
6) Fix the dozens of inaccurate historic players
7) Fix the servers - how can there still be 0-0 games this many months after release?
Old 01-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #34
Pro

Not gonna go into a long post so i'll the most important thing for me.

Option 1: matchmaking based on team quality. And not just overall rating. They could do overall rating but then they'd have to factor in the amount of bronze players because otherwise people will just use 5-7 highly rated cards and fill the rest with bronze to keep their overall down in order to cheat the system and get matched up with lower level teams.

Option 2: multiple rttp's. I'm thinking 4. Two base modes, unrestricted and restricted. The first one speaks for itself. The second one's restrictions would be based on the best rosters in nba history, obviously the 1st seed would have the least amount of restrictions and you'll probably get to use something like 1 diamond, 1 amethyst, 3 golds, 3 silver, 5 bronzes. Don't know if that's accurate but you get the point, basically whichever actual historic real life nba roster has the most high rated players. Then those 2 base modes would each have 2 submodes, one where you can use all cards and one where you can't use fantasy cards like the diamond jr smith, crawford, etc. They'd need to make those fantasy cards a separate category though. Last year's colors were more suited for this, you could simply say no rubies or pd's, now those fantasy cards are among regular cards.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikisaiyan
I think users who use a specific card more should get special boosts.
Say if you love using ZBo and after playing 10 full games w/ him your ZBo gets a boost in some attribute.
Now your ZBo is different than Bill from down the street's Zbo.

You could sell your boosted zbo on the AH or hold on to him and increase his value.

2K should implement some type of system in 2K17 that makes cards feel unique. I like the shoes idea that already in place and I feel that my idea would further emphasize on card unique-ness.
I wouldn't do this as Ratings Boosts, but it could be interesting to do something like this, with the incentive being that you earn Badges through use of the player, akin to how initial Bronze Badges are earned through play in MyCareer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 08:46 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvislegend
2K17 should only have Dynamic Ratings players if that's what makes the mode great. I don't see why I need two versions of Stephen Curry that are only one or two increments better than each other. I know that's not the case for most Dynamic Ratings players but still, if their intent was to push that all along, they should have made them the primary roster. There probably would've been more historic teams if there weren't two types of current roster players to get. That's just poor execution in my opinion. 2K13 had players go up and down with their ratings all the time but it was still the same player they would update. They should apply that to the next game.

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
I like the idea of having both. After playing MT for a few years, I always felt stuck with the original cards that were released. The did come out with Emeralds last year but that was horrible implementation because the tier was expensive and unusable. I love having some of my favorite players change throughout the season, but also love to have those current cards to fall back on. I remember when they first dropped Porzingas 3-ball, people were going back to the Current version in their lineups temporarily. Its just poor execution of a great concept. So yes, if 2k isnt going to dedicate themselves to it they should just stick with one type.

Also, as someone said, dont pre-order. Personally, I am not going to pre-order and I am not going to buy on release date. I will hold off til prob first patch. If I am hearing the same things, I wont buy it at all.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:34 AM   #37
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

- I like dynamics as well, 2k should keep them but need to make sure they get updated on a regular basis with a fixed date (like once a week every monday). Dynamic cards give the game a strategic dimension and reward people who watch the NBA.

- be more predictable and reliable. If i invest in dynamic Lillard i dont wanna be surprised by a freakin Moments card that devalues the dynamic. Either Moment cards should go or they should be combined with the dynamics somehow.

- Make MT hard to earn and try to value gold cards as long as possible. John Wall and Russel Westbrook shouldnt be available for under 10k within the first weeks. Keep the card tiers tho, they work pretty well. Also, i like how the highest rated cards get released step by step. Release an amethyst tbt or fbf every week tho so people wont get nervous with the content.

- highest reward cards should be good but not OP amethyst for beating RTTP and Gauntlet. Second highest Domination and historic Dom. Rewards were ok this year, even though Ewing shouldnt be RTTP Seed 1 but thats a personal opinion.

- Get rid of joke diamonds cards like Scola and Lawson. Cant be serious with that plus it ***** up the whole rating system. See my joke diamond thread.

- Make a smaller reward for beating Seed 1 multiple times. Like a pack or something. Give the people a reason to play. This is so obvious and easy to do.

- add Team Chemistry. This is also obvious and just needs to be finetuned. Why not giving Jordan and Pippen a slight boost while Howard and Harden (^) get a malus.

- Get rid of any mechanics that equalizes or influence the game with huge momentum. Make seed 1 HOF simulation, seed 2 and 3 Superstar Sim and so on.

- Collection rewards were a joke this year. Get rid of team balls and think of a system with true rewards that are not sellable but have a value. Also, who wants to collect 2000+ cards for a Stockton and Hakeem if i can get similar cards for 50k on the market.

- Position penalties like already announced this year. -10% for secondary position, -25% for out of position for example.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 01-13-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:43 AM   #38
MVP

we've discussed rubberbanding in depth. I think HOF difficulty in RTTP along with OVR team requirements will go a long ways in helping solve this and making a more fun game with replay value. One thing HOF difficulty will do is penalize you for playing dumb and going into rage mode whereas right now players get rewarded for that and it doesnt make them better.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:25 PM   #39
Rookie

Well...I really hope they don't get rid of Dynamic cards as some people are suggesting.

I'm not sure WHY this is even on the table TBH.

Having Dyanmic cards basically gives you MORE cards of every player in the game. In effect, it gives you a version of that player based on their full season stats from LAST YEAR....and then an updated version of that same player based on their accumulated stats this season.

I don't see how/why this is a 'problem'.

No...it's not 'confusing', sorry.

More cards is a good thing. There seems to be too much focus on the fact that most Dynamics are very similar to the Current version.

Well...duh. You're looking at the same player in consecutive seasons...simple LOGIC tells you that those players will be SIMILAR in ratings.

But...let's focus on the players who do make BIG jumps...or declines.

Look at Draymond as an example. Eliminating Dynamics would create a mode where you couldn't put this year's version of Draymond Green on your team. And that's not a good thing.

Sure...most cards will be similar or very close. That's just the way it is...and definitely not a reason to completely eliminate Dynamic cards.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #40
Rookie

Dynamic cards are a complete joke. Having a bunch of cards for the sake of having a bunch of cards, as some have reasoned is silly. Users want content, and very few players have stretches worth updating stats. More than likely player x has 1 or 2 amazing games and then defenses focus in and bring him back down to earth. Moment Cards which they're starting to do now are better. They can drop them the very next day and they can be released for a variety of players. This gives users some form of content. I know dynamics are some users get rich quick scheme, but there no reason to keep them around. Fantasy modes such as Myteam are better when they are progressive. Adding cards is better than having users making year long investments.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »