Home

What freelance offense or playbook do you guys run in RTTP?

This is a discussion on What freelance offense or playbook do you guys run in RTTP? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2016, 02:42 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: What freelance offense or playbook do you guys run in RTTP?

A lot of people love to use Russell Westbrook online, but hardly anyone takes advantage of his ability to bully weaker guards in the post with his 74 strength, 88 standing layup, 76 post fadeaway, and 94 draw foul ratings.

Fist 15 Motion starts with Westbrook in the low post and Enes Kanter in the high post on the opposite side of the floor. Then it sends the small forward and shooting guard cutting to the basket for easy dump off layups while the power forward stands back ready to catch and shoot from three or come over to set a ball screen:

Option #1 -- Power forward shoots a top of the key three if the defense sags off
Option #2 -- Small forward cuts to the basket after passing to the power forward
Option #3 -- Center has an isolation opportunity on the weak side of the formation.
Option #4 -- Shooting guard cuts to the basket after passing to the small forward
Option #5 -- Point guard has post up opportunity if shooting guard's cut isn't open
Option #6 -- Point guard will come to the top of the key off a screen if he doesn't get the ball in the post
Option #7 -- Point guard runs a dribble handoff with the shooting guard
Option #8 -- Point guard runs a pick and roll with the center
Option #9 -- Hit the center in the high post if the point guard isn't open coming off his screen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

I still can't find a good freelance to run in RTTP. Normally I like to run 3-2 space the floor with my starters and 4-1 space the floor with my bench, then I am heavily reliant on my playbook. However, lately my playbook isn't loading more often in RTTP games and when that happens it leaves me feeling crippled. I have tried warriors, flow, motion 3 out 2 in all 3 of those with motion cuts on, and still it feels like I can't depend on running those and scoring well without access to a familiar playbook.

Anybody have any suggestions on which freelances I can try and get familiar with that will help me have more success in RTTP when my playbook doesn't load?

Edit: My bench can run pretty fine without any plays using the 4-1 space the floor for the few minutes they are out, mainly running PnR with Iverson and Dwight. What I need is a reliable 3-2 freelance that I can use with my starting rotation so I am not running manual PnR the entire game when I don't have my plays.

2nd Edit: I was just playing around in scrimmage mode with custom roster mimicking my team.. I really like the 3-out fist/motion cuts. It is simple yet provides good movement, spacing, postup opportunities.. I am going to try that out, play RTTP game just using that freelance and not run any plays and see how I do. Also will put my bench on 4 out 1 in motion cuts instead of space the floor, just so I have less to adjust in game when switching lineups.

3rd Edit: Total success!! Went up against somebody who had Ewing, so I knew right away he had to be decent. I was up 42-29 in the 3rd when he rage quit. I didn't even open my playbook once to see if my book had loaded or not. 3-out Fist is amazing!! The ball movement is phenomenal and it suits my style of play excellently. Wish he didn't quit so I could get the game stats.. I was shooting 82% at half time!

Now 3-0 on the night running the 3-out fist with minimal play calling. I definitely recommend it for players who use a traditional 2 big man lineup and prefer to score in the paint with shooting very few 3s.

Last edited by Bubba13laze; 03-08-2016 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #43
QNo
MVP

^ The Hawks is probably the deepest freelance in terms of branches and has great spacing on top of it. The real solution is to use the coach from your playbook's team, this has worked 100% of the time for me.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:43 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
^ The Hawks is probably the deepest freelance in terms of branches and has great spacing on top of it. The real solution is to use the coach from your playbook's team, this has worked 100% of the time for me.
Unfortunately the coach of the 95 Magic is Brian Hill.. not in the game.

The hawks looks great if playing with 5 guys who can all shoot but I prefer to have my 2 bigs in the paint.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #45
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
Unfortunately the coach of the 95 Magic is Brian Hill.. not in the game.

The hawks looks great if playing with 5 guys who can all shoot but I prefer to have my 2 bigs in the paint.
You don't really need the big to be able to shoot, at least not both of them. The Swing is a 4-1 offense and LMA/TD are usually on top, they rarely/never shoot it though. It helps, but it's an offense that will get you tons of post-up opportunities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 07:16 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
3-out Fist is amazing!!
There's a "3-Out Fist"? I thought there was a 3-Out and 3-Out Extended...?
Old 03-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #47
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
There's a "3-Out Fist"? I thought there was a 3-Out and 3-Out Extended...?
Nah, 3-Out Fist was in the game since day 1. It used to be the Bulls default freelance. It's a 3-2 with a few Pick options, not many actions IIRC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »