Home

2k banned some people from My Team

This is a discussion on 2k banned some people from My Team within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2k banned some people from My Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichi
Nah, I think the problem is just that 2k caters MyTeam to the big YouTubers and doesn't want to piss them off unless they really need to.

Fifa had the same issue, since price ranges came into play, the mode exploded even more, because suddenly it was accessible to people who didn't want to spend tons but wanted to play and be competitive. It's funny how Fifa is light years away from 2k in terms of sports simulation but manages to have a mode that is less balanced and realistic.
well, how long have these sites been well known to the public? I am just starting to hear about them just before all these Diamonds started coming out. what were they doing before then? building their bank? I mean they would need a farm of at least 100 workers sniping all day to produce that kind of MT. they have the supply for the demand and I aint hearing of no shortages. s**t seems fishy to me...and now you got reward Amethysts in the AH. If 2k isn't taking a vigilant stance against this pretty soon only a fool will buy another dime worth of VC.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:33 PM   #18
Pro

2k Wont ban the youtubers because they are a major source of publicity and advertising for the game. The advertising that the youtubers do for the game probably cuts 2k's marketing budget by quite a bit.

The mode ultimately needs to be restructured to have more structure and control over card pricing. I think the best thing to do would be to take out the auction house and take out packs. Replace it with a card store. In the store you will have all the current and historic cards available all the time from day 1 of game release. They will have a fixed price. For special cards like TBT, they can come out as the year progresses and be available only on Thursdays, perhaps some of them will be limited edition too. The MVP, DPOY, etc can come out in the store for limited times as well. Additional to player cards, shoes and badges can be purchased from the store too. Everything in the store can be purchased with MT points or VC. From winning games/challenges we can earn MT or vouchers/discounts for the store on certain items. Also, it would be super cool if they implemented a card rental system from the store. Pay x amount of MT for a 3 game or 5 game rental of a card that can be used in offline games, not RTTP. This will help us determine if we want to buy it or not.

Basically, by eliminating the AH, 2k will force anybody that wants to pay to play to be buying VC, and 2k will have monopoly again over the market. The only way to get MT will be from playing the actual game, which will be great for the ones who like to play for their collection and not purchase it.

The problem with this that people may find is that there is no more sniping, and that is a big way to make MT. However, the store should be able to set reasonable prices. Perhaps the cards can cost a lot of VC but less MT, similar to packs now, to support the people who play a lot of the game. Also they should increase the amount of MT we get from different games and challenges.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:47 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by P234thetruth
There's just no way they can't be connected to 2k in some way.
Has to be because it's impossible to meet that kind of demand any other way. There's definitely something improper going on you can't make that much that quickly on the auctions, the auction house would be way more busy and aggressive if that was the case.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
2k Wont ban the youtubers because they are a major source of publicity and advertising for the game. The advertising that the youtubers do for the game probably cuts 2k's marketing budget by quite a bit.

The mode ultimately needs to be restructured to have more structure and control over card pricing. I think the best thing to do would be to take out the auction house and take out packs. Replace it with a card store. In the store you will have all the current and historic cards available all the time from day 1 of game release. They will have a fixed price. For special cards like TBT, they can come out as the year progresses and be available only on Thursdays, perhaps some of them will be limited edition too. The MVP, DPOY, etc can come out in the store for limited times as well. Additional to player cards, shoes and badges can be purchased from the store too. Everything in the store can be purchased with MT points or VC. From winning games/challenges we can earn MT or vouchers/discounts for the store on certain items. Also, it would be super cool if they implemented a card rental system from the store. Pay x amount of MT for a 3 game or 5 game rental of a card that can be used in offline games, not RTTP. This will help us determine if we want to buy it or not.

Basically, by eliminating the AH, 2k will force anybody that wants to pay to play to be buying VC, and 2k will have monopoly again over the market. The only way to get MT will be from playing the actual game, which will be great for the ones who like to play for their collection and not purchase it.

The problem with this that people may find is that there is no more sniping, and that is a big way to make MT. However, the store should be able to set reasonable prices. Perhaps the cards can cost a lot of VC but less MT, similar to packs now, to support the people who play a lot of the game. Also they should increase the amount of MT we get from different games and challenges.
yeah, if sniping went away cards would have to be affordable and there would have to be a way to generate MT. doesn't sound like too great of an idea considering 2k's history. sniping is how I got my card count up. I could've had a Diamond card by now if I didn't blow it all on worthless packs.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:13 PM   #21
Rookie

2k banned some people from My Team

I just don't think that there can be more than a couple of people his g to "sniping" method to get 5 millions plus MT.
It's so much worse this year even when everyone was saying how cards was inflated last year. There is little to no legit way to get these diamond cards this year.

Last edited by ad2001; 01-22-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2016, 05:11 AM   #22
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2001
I just don't think that there can be more than a couple of people his g to "sniping" method to get 5 millions plus MT.
It's so much worse this year even when everyone was saying how cards was inflated last year. There is little to no legit way to get these diamond cards this year.

Well it's possible if you're sniping since release on a daily basis. But the majority of people just buys MT instead of working MT up on their own. The only way to fix the issue is to ban accounts, but this requires menpower to monitor the buyouts and I'm afraid 2K doesn't have that. They are not even capable of fixing major issues like the badge situation or RTTP bugs. The only "easy" way to decrease prices is making diamonds more common. Just as DPOY packs had higher odds, I really hope MVP packs are going to have the same and will be stacked with diamonds. But honestly they should do the same with TBT packs.
I rather have everyone bouncing with diamonds than having these crazy prices and people spending thousands for china farming.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:23 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I don't buy MT, nor would I recommend it. Its just not that serious. I will work with what I have, I don't need EVERY card in the game. However, I definitely don't recommend anyone buying VC. 2k doesn't deserve it and I wish everyone would stop buying it till they fix this game and stop cheating people with packs and dangling fake Diamonds to entice people to come out of pocket.

sn: there was an Amethyst Pippen on xb1 AH this morning. people selling reward cards may get banned too. Its exploitable, especially if you have friends to help you transfer MT.

I am the same way...but I also understand that buying VC or MT is all about saving TIME. yes, you can make MT and VC playing the game...but not everyone can spend hours doing that.

I also have no problem with 2K using this mode as a source of revenue. Because....in the long run, it's good for the state of the game. It gives 2K more money to improve the game...it gives them money to make other games...maybe even eventually challenge EA and make a football game...

The blatant money grabs like the TBT/Moments/Diamond nonsense is bad for business though...and there are easier solutions.

However, apparently many of the people who play this mode are nothing more than 'mouth-breathers' who ONLY want 'cheater' cards with jacked up fictional ratings so that they can more easily CHEESE to win.

Ugh.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
I am the same way...but I also understand that buying VC or MT is all about saving TIME. yes, you can make MT and VC playing the game...but not everyone can spend hours doing that.

I also have no problem with 2K using this mode as a source of revenue. Because....in the long run, it's good for the state of the game. It gives 2K more money to improve the game...it gives them money to make other games...maybe even eventually challenge EA and make a football game...

The blatant money grabs like the TBT/Moments/Diamond nonsense is bad for business though...and there are easier solutions.

However, apparently many of the people who play this mode are nothing more than 'mouth-breathers' who ONLY want 'cheater' cards with jacked up fictional ratings so that they can more easily CHEESE to win.

Ugh.
They had a football game. I played nfl 2k3 back in the day. The way it is now there will never be another 2k football game

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »