Home

TBT LeBron James

This is a discussion on TBT LeBron James within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 02:30 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: TBT LeBron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
overall, he isnt. but one thing makes him a totally different player is Ball Control. League version cannot handle the ball. He is reduced to an elite role-player. He doesnt play like real life because he turns over the ball too much from incidental contact. He cant explode out of dribble moves which makes him worthless to initiate plays. His finishing isnt great either. He can only reliably finish layups with left for me. He isnt a great finisher by any other means through contact.

so TBT only has 1 point overall difference and slight bump in some stats, its stats that matter for LBJ. Its stats that make him who he is. The league version was band-aided to stop people from using him at PG. TBT is more like real LBJ...and as a bonus he can shoot 3's better.
On point 100%
Old 03-31-2016, 07:16 PM   #58
Rookie

Well thanks for throwing cold water over my TBT LeBron upgrade plans. In retrospect it doesn't make sense to blow my last 200k on a slight upgrade (League LeBron with a +9 driving dunk shoe finishes great for me).

Looks like I may have to sell some bench amethysts to upgrade my starting lineup. Maybe MVP Dr. J would send LeBron to the bench.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:59 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba2kpdx
Well thanks for throwing cold water over my TBT LeBron upgrade plans. In retrospect it doesn't make sense to blow my last 200k on a slight upgrade (League LeBron with a +9 driving dunk shoe finishes great for me).

Looks like I may have to sell some bench amethysts to upgrade my starting lineup. Maybe MVP Dr. J would send LeBron to the bench.
I don't think synistr has thrown cold water on your plans. In fact I have used both and TBT LBJ is 10 times more effective offensively based on ball control, driving dunk and shooting.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 9

TBT Lebron is outta this world. I had to sell MVP Curry, DR Draymond and DR Cousins to get him at 185K, but he's well-worth it. He plays like a dream, super fast/quick, incredible vertical, exceptionally strong finisher. I haven't even upgraded his badges (outside of D crasher and hesitation stunner) and he makes like every contact layup, he's incredible. Also dunks on like everyone and runs the break well. His ball control and overall athleticism make him unstoppable driving to the basket. Also a surprisingly strong 3 pt shooter, I'd drive with someone else and kick it out to him and he knocks down shots on the regular.

His defense is overwhelming as well, block tons of shots of guys driving to the hoop and it's pretty easy to stay in front of anyone with him. His strength is huge plus on both ends. Like other posters have mentioned, he's leagues above his current despite only a 1 point difference in overall.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I don't think synistr has thrown cold water on your plans. In fact I have used both and TBT LBJ is 10 times more effective offensively based on ball control, driving dunk and shooting.
Oh I have no doubt TBT is vastly superior. If I had both I'd run TBT all day. This potential upgrade is purely a value proposition for me.

The cost of upgrading is not only the TBT card, but it would keep League LeBron from being able to run the bench unit if I put my MT towards another elite wing.

After playing this long with the League version (starting SF since launch) I'm not sure I'd be able to use a LeBron that can dribble or shoot .

Last edited by nba2kpdx; 04-01-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba2kpdx
Oh I have no doubt TBT is vastly superior. If I had both I'd run TBT all day. This potential upgrade is purely a value proposition for me.

The cost of upgrading is not only the TBT card, but it would keep League LeBron from being able to run the bench unit if I put my MT towards another elite wing.

After playing this long with the League version (starting SF since launch) I'm not sure I'd be able to use a LeBron that can dribble or shoot .
TBT is better, but I am sticking with current version because he is badged up and doesnt have much value that would help with the cost of the TBT one. I have other great players now so I can use him as a glue guy.

If someone didnt have LBJ or needed to upgrade, definitely do so with TBT or Diamond.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:21 PM   #63
Pro

ClevelandFan's Arena

Got one on the AH on XB1 for 220k with tons of badges,

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »