Home

Defensive Settings to avoid points in the paint?

This is a discussion on Defensive Settings to avoid points in the paint? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive Settings to avoid points in the paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_1979
Whilst we're on the topic..........is "Shrink the Floor" the new Protect the Paint?
I believe so, yes
Old 10-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #10
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I believe so, yes
I thought so, too, but I just learned that it's actually different. OG did a stream on defensive settings. Basically, they are ACE packages. Shrink the floor = gap off-ball, go under on screens, hedge screens hard. These packages are a quick way to mass set your defensive settings. Individual settings override them, so selecting a package like this and then adjusting individual stuff might save you some time. I highly recommend checking out the stickied defensive settings FAQ in the main 2k forums. This post is a great quick summary. Basically, Sam's settings minus setting pre-rotate to yes for all bigs (except hard rollers like DJ etc) should work well.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I thought so, too, but I just learned that it's actually different. OG did a stream on defensive settings. Basically, they are ACE packages. Shrink the floor = gap off-ball, go under on screens, hedge screens hard. These packages are a quick way to mass set your defensive settings. Individual settings override them, so selecting a package like this and then adjusting individual stuff might save you some time. I highly recommend checking out the stickied defensive settings FAQ in the main 2k forums. This post is a great quick summary. Basically, Sam's settings minus setting pre-rotate to yes for all bigs (except hard rollers like DJ etc) should work well.
Thanks for the tip

I think this was the case with protect the paint as well though

By the way defensive assist strength at 0 is a must to avoid fouls in the paint
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Thanks for the tip

I think this was the case with protect the paint as well though

By the way defensive assist strength at 0 is a must to avoid fouls in the paint
Yeah, it's always been like that. Can't hold LT in the post, either, as it activates defensive assist even if it's turned to 0.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Yeah, it's always been like that. Can't hold LT in the post, either, as it activates defensive assist even if it's turned to 0.
Good to know
Old 10-07-2016, 01:11 AM   #14
Rookie

Most of my points in the paint come from abusers of the half court inbound pass to the PG and I try half court press but it is ineffective. I try to help with center and give up a easy dunk to their own center. Limit transition doesn't do anything if using extend pressure on just the PG.

Oh and they never throw away the inbound pass either. Makes the game a 100 point track meet and I can't stop it. I have a stacked fully badged defensive line up too. I don't get it when Rodman gets beat back. Using all of Sam's settings for the defense and getting killed. What do you do?
Old 10-10-2016, 06:49 AM   #15
Rookie

I know there is no perfect settings, and I have watched Sam pham but his settings are not working for me. There is two types of player I always play, either the 3 point cheese with all 3 point shooters, and reaching in constantly getting steals all the time (like seriously guys jj redick stole the ball from Steph Curry like what?) OR the players who just pass it to the center and call another player to cut inside or just R2 boost and they get fouled or they dunk all over you. Can someone please give me defensive settings for these two types of players? I'm getting tired of Kevin Durant making contested shots literally falling back over my Shane battier. I'm in the ruby league btw.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 02:12 PM   #16
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Can't you do everything you need to do in timeouts? You'll get much faster over time, too. The settings that fix rotations only take like 20s in total, 4 changes on the first page and 2 changes on their 2-3 Cs.
Can you recap the at least bold changes we almost MUST do? He has so much different settings some he goes post behind some 3/4 top it's pretty confusing.

I believe for the last ones it's Help, Help and No Roation, and for pre rotate you select no but YES for the 4-5 right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »