Home

You know you're playing 2k MyTeam when:

This is a discussion on You know you're playing 2k MyTeam when: within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2016, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

didak7's Arena

OVR: 0

Feel free to post your usual 2k antics when playing MyTeam.

- When the AI can make 9 and one's in 1 game whilst the likes of Anthony Davis, Marcin Gortat, Curry, Harden etc can even get a shot up on a foul but the AI Davis can and studs like Hield, Galloway & Asik can no worries.

- When superstars such as Quincy Pondexter, Buddy Hield & E'Twaun Moore can outshoot the likes of Robert Horry, Steph Curry & James Harden from downtown.

- When playing good honest D and snag a block, it's important that the AI must get the ball back to ensure the result falls their way whether it be a wicked angle that falls back in their hands or an AI following up.

- When passing in the lanes, your ball will get picked off cleanly as a whistle even if your a 65 rated Bronze AI. On the other end of the scale if your defenders like Batum, Horry, Davis or Vucevic happen to tip a pass it will go over the line and get the result the AI need to remain competitive.

- When trying to bring the ball up the court and the AI blocks you and you into them only to be called for a charge even though clearly the CPU are moving as the foul is called.

- When playing man to man but your wings don't bother to play D and sag off.

Ahh that's better...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: You know you're playing 2k MyTeam when:

Mind that before first patch, things were even crazier. AI would get insane amount of offensive rebounds, I was always outreabounded. But he did play worse overall, so I got a feeling that it easier then.

So far I've experience AI hitting three half court buzzer beaters. One with my player standing in the way. But the most amazing is block cheating that you mentioned. I just recently saw a blocked shot that went in straight line from one side of the court to the other into the hands of another AI player. It looked absolutely crazy. Ball had no trajectory at all and just hovered toward his player. The most nervewrecking about them is that they always leave AI an open shot. At the same time AI's blocks will rarely go out of bounds. Even when directly in the corner, block will manage to find a way into AI's hands. It's obvious that ball is scripted sometime to fall into AI's hand and there's nothing you can do about it. If AI wills an offensive rebound it will jump straight into his hands, even if your players are better positioned. It's same with steals and blocks.

And then there's Magic Johnson at the end of historic dom. He has by far the cheesiest animations I've seen in 2k17. His spin move is unbelievable, and his drive, when he decides on him, will teleport him right through defenders making him unstoppable. Luckily ai won't play on him all the time...
Old 10-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #3
Rookie

didak7's Arena

You know you're playing 2k when this happens for the CPU to get an And-1:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2k.JPG (111.4 KB, 145 views)
Old 10-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #4
Rookie

didak7's Arena

- The above image of an and-1 ensures a 73% shooting performance which includes 6 blocks by the defending team.

- Allan Crabbe becomes the next Jordan.

- Ed Davis can putback over Deandre Jordan and Anthony Davis.

- Portland Trailblazers can hit 9/11 from downtown.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:45 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

You know you're playing 2k MyTeam when right before tip-off the camera zooms in on your players for 5 minutes and just stays there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
You know you're playing 2k MyTeam when right before tip-off the camera zooms in on your players for 5 minutes and just stays there.
hahaha sometimes I play David Thompson and Lou Hudson off the bench and I feel like it always just zooms in on them looking sad
Old 10-14-2016, 01:57 AM   #7
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I guarantee almost all the gameplay problems would go away if this NBA Jam mode was on Superstar/HOF difficulty with sim sliders.

MyTeam Online is an absolute pile of you know what.

- Contested shots don't mean a damn thing in 2k17, at least shot contestion had some value in 2k16.

- Step back corner 3's will drain regardless of pressure.

- Poor 3 pt. attempts almost always result in long bailout offensive rebounds.

- People can turbo at 1000 mph the whole game & not play smart at all and suffer almost no consequences due to the arcade difficulty of MyTeam. This is by far my BIGGEST pet peeve this year. You absolutely cannot control the pace of the game because your A.I defenders are way too slow to react to the constant turbo upbringing of the ball up the court. I'm one human compared to 4 other CPU defenders, I can't do it all.

I swear to you, this feels more like that pathetic attempt at a realistic nba basketball game, 2k15. I had my frustrations with 2k16, but having games constantly go into the 70s & 80s with 5 min. quarters is BS and makes 2k16 defense look like gold.

The lag, as usual every year, hinders me from playing proper on-ball D online & I'm left to hope my CPU defender can guard a turbo zig zag cheeser (because oh, by the way, zig zag is back hint hint).

All that said though, I do think 2k17 is more polished & feels a lot better than 2k16 ever did, but online MyTeam sliders absolutely KILL this game for me. It's not fun at all & Madden Ultimate team just might get my playing time this year.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #8
Rookie

I haven't touched MyTeam in about 3 weeks. I was so sick and tired of playing a "who can score the most points type game." Defense doesn't exist in MyTeamOnline it's downright pathetic. This game so far this year has been underwhelming. Having to play actual basketball doesn't exist no more in 2k...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »