Home

You're making a big mistake if you don't get Amethyst Magic Johnson

This is a discussion on You're making a big mistake if you don't get Amethyst Magic Johnson within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: You're making a big mistake if you don't get Amethyst Magic Johnson

I think it's way more possible to get Charge calls this year, even when manualing the defender. And maybe Charge card could actually net you an additional 1-3 turnovers in your favor, per game. Still feels like a waste of a slot.

Before you commit to it on an expensive, expired card like Magic, do some experimentation on another good defender PG. Someone cheap so you don't mind using him as a guinea pig. The badge itself is dirt cheap.

You could try to play games without the badge applied and track charges the player is able to draw. Use Extend Pressure and Smother On-Ball on opposing PG to increase chances. Do this for a few games and then do it for a few more, but after adding Gold Charge Card.

Then you'll get some better idea of whether or not it's really worth it to add the badge. If you could get +2 or +3 turnovers reliably, then I think it could be worth it.

Otherwise, I'd rather add a badge that helps him on offense, such as Difficult Shots, or Drop-Stepper, or Dream-Like. Probably Drop-Stepper.

Smaller and weaker point guard who are good defenders can probably stifle Post-Spins from him, to at least force him to take a contested jumper or layup. But they can't resist him backing down and drop-stepping into a point-blank standing layup, I don't think. I think the Drop-Stepper badge helps to get that the move really snappy and definitive and result in ideal positioning, which he needs because it's not like he's going to then throw down a vicious standing dunk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 12:10 AM   #106
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: You're making a big mistake if you don't get Amethyst Magic Johnson

I added the charge card to magic, it was a mistake, it's really hard to bait someone into a charge, you kind of just need to go for it when the opportunity arises and you never really know who's gonna be there to take it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »