Home

Theme packs. Week of 19Dec

This is a discussion on Theme packs. Week of 19Dec within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 05:39 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Theme packs. Week of 19Dec

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
I can't believe people actually go for Barkley.
the smart people are probably ONLY going for Barkley IE you get the whole dream team, replace Laetener with PD Isiah and budda boom budda bing... unfortunately I'm not one of those people
Old 12-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
It's kinda crazy to think that there is still a Dream Team Stockton out there. Why didn't they make Stockton the pullable diamond and Magic the reward?
They are probably saving Dream Team John Stockton as the set reward for a defense/pick pocket pack theme since Stockton is the NBA's all-time steals leader by a margin so large that it will likely never be surpassed.

The sapphire Nick Van Exel from this week's set needs to get a dynamic duo with the sapphire Eddie Jones card to reunite that late-'90s Lakers backcourt.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-19-2016 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:45 PM   #51
MVP

Guessing Oscar will go for around 300k, historically he's been one of the cheaper top tier cards because he's not a dunker or three point gunner and his release isn't the greatest--maybe they embellish his rating even more this year though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 05:46 PM   #52
Pro

If it gets to where I think it will be too much I won't go for Barkley but at this point it is still in the cards. I probably will have enough MT to finish this collection unless Oscar drives it too high. I think they probably will have one or two of these DT cards as a weekly token challenge later though...probably the least desirable ones.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:03 PM   #53
Pro

The cards look pretty nice. Likely the Nash will get a dd with Ruby dirk and the Stockton with Ruby mailman. By the way, I've been running Karl Malone as my backup 4 and he is phenomenal.
Old 12-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #54
MVP

justlaze's Arena

that 94 OVR Magic is an L. Unless you're not going for Barkley it's senless to put 500-700k in this collection. Rather have a good time with Amy Magic for 60k and wait until the PD comes out within the next months. I might cop an Oscar if the reviews are good though, but probably there is going to be PD version too... that Onyx Oscar was so damn good in 2K15...good old times
Old 12-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #55
Pro

roboas's Arena

This is the set they drop for the holiday season? Even if they didn't want to release highly rated cards, it was hard to put together a worse group - all PGs, mostly non-prime versions, and the reward is probably going to be marginally better than a card that sells for 60k in the AH.

I was excited about the current Team USA cards available in blacktop, but after i picked up a few, i realized that they sucked (Their DD boosts are an insult to my country). Well now they're dropping Dream Team cards and its starting to feel like many of them will suck too. (OK, i get that a 94 is a good card, but at what cost?) At some point you'd expect 2k to release prime versions of cards, and anyone who's played this mode for more than a year will just wait this nonsense out. I'm confident that a 95 Nique will be his best edition, just like 91 Glenn Rice - those sets were OK. But a subprime Magic and subprime Oscar, Kidd, Stockton, Nash, Isiah and Lenny Wilkens is just disrespectful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #56
Rookie

the only thing that makes me want this magic is a DD with kareem but thats definitely not worth it considering the 91 overall magic is dropping in price

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »