Home

Favorite lower-tier card you can't stop using?

This is a discussion on Favorite lower-tier card you can't stop using? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Favorite lower-tier card you can't stop using?

Porzingas/Embiid
Old 12-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #10
MVP

T-Mac is the best offensive card I have used. Maybe even better than Kobe. His animations are incredible and he dunks as soon as he is past the 3 pt line
Old 12-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Still loving the Emerald Klay I badged up at the beginning. Top 3 blacktop card for me since September. Been considering upgrading to the Ruby but not sure it's worth the 50k MT + badge costs necessary to truly make it better than my Emerald.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 04:23 PM   #12
MVP

Sapphire Giannis is a beast too... I guess these all are the highest versions of their cards though so not sure if its what you're looking for
Old 12-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnng07
Still loving the Emerald Klay I badged up at the beginning. Top 3 blacktop card for me since September. Been considering upgrading to the Ruby but not sure it's worth the 50k MT + badge costs necessary to truly make it better than my Emerald.
Yeah, I still use Emerald Klay a lot for cheap Challenge lineups and he's always so dependable as both a competent defender and reliably draining threes when the ball is kicked out to him, during fast breaks, and when calling off-ball screen plays for him.

Probably going to get a Ruby with the prices having come down, but I probably will not do a full badge-out as he will definitely get an Amethyst and probably in not very long.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I have a few:

- Sapphire Nic Batum: he's 6ft 9 with 84 ball control, high passing and 85 open 3 shooting attributes... plays like a weaker but better shooting Lebron for me, I love cards you can basically slot into any of 4 positions once the starter's stamina starts to go down.

- Sapphire Wes Matthews: plays like a stronger Ray Allen with a post fade, Lockdown D stats, and all the best Floppy etc. plays for getting open 3s associated with him

- and of course, Emerald Sam "GOAT" Perkins: I've sung his praises on here for months... favourite stretch 4 with a quick and easy release. I love you Sam <3

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-23-2016, 08:30 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
I've played ~10 games with him in Amy+ leagues. He definitely lacks the all around game but the players that are upgrades considering his skillset are super expensive. Good thing is if you play him then your lineup is more likely to face lower competition. So instead of Shaq, Ewing, or Zo, you will more likely face Cousins, Hakeem, etc.
I am only in emerald league, but I haven't seen any evidence of in-league matchmaking so far. I've run into all diamond lineups when I run a bunch of emeralds and golds, and I've played a bunch of emeralds and golds when I've run out my sapphire/ruby/+ lineup.

I am ashamed to admit it but I find emerald Shawn Bradley really effective even at Emerald league level. I don't play him more than 5-6 minutes a game typically, but he's still a beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I have a few:

- Sapphire Nic Batum: he's 6ft 9 with 84 ball control, high passing and 85 open 3 shooting attributes... plays like a weaker but better shooting Lebron for me, I love cards you can basically slot into any of 4 positions once the starter's stamina starts to go down.

- Sapphire Wes Matthews: plays like a stronger Ray Allen with a post fade, Lockdown D stats, and all the best Floppy etc. plays for getting open 3s associated with him

- and of course, Emerald Sam "GOAT" Perkins: I've sung his praises on here for months... favourite stretch 4 with a quick and easy release. I love you Sam <3

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
I like Sam, but found I got better all around production with Rodney Rogers.

Also now I have Antoine Walker / Paul Piece combo so he's my goto stretch 4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »