Home

Running plays in MTO

This is a discussion on Running plays in MTO within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Running plays in MTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
Just watched his videos on horns freelance and I have a new goal to master that. Wow it really looks dynamic and fun to play. I have been really enjoying the mavericks playbook. It really has some great action. Hoping to pair a few of those plays with this horns freelance being my primary offense.
I think it was fairly recent that they updated Horns with more actions but the problem I've been having with it, is that it takes much too long for the alternate actions to start up. E.g. takes too much time to do anything but kick off with a pass to one of the big men in the high post.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #50
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
BlackRain's videos are a lot better. He skips the self-promotion and just teaches you the plays.
agree 100%.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:37 AM   #51
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexxelektrik
Damn man, I was completely shocked reading the name of my Youtube Channel here as it is a very little one
Happy you like my videos. I'm currently searching for the next playbook to break down some plays of, if you have any suggestions let me know.
Btw I can assure you I'm not bragging and renaming

Personally I also watch ItsNick since hes not only showing the usual "cheesy money plays" that every youtuber does but more so a lot of solid plays. His videos often are alsovery short and easy to understand.
You do a great job. I'm sure I'm missing a lot by not understanding German, but I get the gist of it, and just breaking down the plays and showing the positioning of the players at each point during the play helps me understand them so much better. Anyone who hasn't checked his videos out and is reading this thread should click now.

My wife is usually in the room with me when I'm watching, and Pham gets on her nerves. I was watching one of your videos the other day and she said "is that German?" I said yes. She said "his voice is soothing. He's not annoying like that one guy. I could listen to this all day." So my wife approves of you too.

I run the Hornets playbook because it has my two favorite plays, and because you've done videos on so many plays from that playbook that I just watch your videos and learn them, and then those are just weapons in my arsenal. But if you're going to look at another playbook, I guess I would be most interested in the Knicks. I know they've done a lot of work with that one and the Knicks freelance, so I would imagine it's probably more effective than most once you dive into it.

Keep up the good work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 12:42 AM   #52
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
Just watched his videos on horns freelance and I have a new goal to master that. Wow it really looks dynamic and fun to play. I have been really enjoying the mavericks playbook. It really has some great action. Hoping to pair a few of those plays with this horns freelance being my primary offense.
I've been running Horns for months now, but this latest video made me switch to scoring actions. Some of it is slow to develop, but the Horns formation itself flows well with my offense and it suits my personnel.

I was playing a guy online yesterday, and he started off playing 5-out and cheesing, but after he saw me running Horns, he switched over to a sim style and ran Horns himself. I think people are just so used to cheese that when they see someone playing actual basketball, sometimes they just want to play the same way. I ended up winning by 4, but it was a fun, intense game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »