Home

Im taking action. Join me.

This is a discussion on Im taking action. Join me. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #49
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Im taking action. Join me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
So, if pack odds are 1 ruby in 1000 league packs, are you expecting one ruby if you buy 1000 league packs?

That's not how odds work, and give no reason to make the odds public. If they were public people would just buy the packs with the highest odds.
You realize that there are laws, right? I assume you read every post in this thread, and so you know that this whole thing has been fought already in federal court for essentially the exact same reason, right? This is a very valid argument, and threatening to silence us just because you disagree is asinine.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #50
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan
Do you have any idea what a RICO case/indictment actually is?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
I do. Have you read about the Topps/Marvel RICO case that led to the entire sports and CCG card industry to place pack odds on their packs? Because that's why he's bringing up RICO. You should probably read the first few posts in the thread.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #51
Pro

I've been told not to make any other public comments regarding this. This will be my last. Whatever needs to be done with this thread...do it.

A couple observations regarding the replies in this thread....

Its rather disappointing that when most of a community has felt legitimately robbed by a particular company, and someone actually states that they may be trying to improve the quality of gaming for said community, there are actually people coming here to reply with ad hominem attacks. Especially a moderator.

Oversimplification is a strong suit for many of you. As well as conjuring up very poor analogies. Very poor. You're being unfair to yourself and whomever you are oversimplifying.

A suggestion to those that don't feel this is a legitimate thread....don't read it. You want a thread about the specifics of gameplay and plays and blah blah? Ok. So go find one. LMAO. Really? You're coming in here to shoot people down and call them tinfoil hatters? Right. I typically stick to threads where I find some sort of connection to my experience, or ones that I presume may be helpful to My specific 2k situation. I don't go out of my way to write lengthy replies that personally attack the OP or anyone else in the thread. What would drive someone to do such a thing is beyond me. Unless it's just cognitive dissonance because some people sweat 2k so hard that they can't believe that their beloved game could actually be scamming them. Idk. For those that have stated that they are done talking about this, maybe .....be done talking about it.

In closing....I apologize if I have offended any of you with THE IDEA (not the reality - we are doing this to find the reality) that maybe we as paying customers are being treated unfairly. I'm not going to specifically reply to any of the posts since my last. It just seems like many of you are here for nothing more than just something to argue about.

I will not keep the community apprised of the situation as it unfolds, because it seems as if aforementioned community does not want to promote fairness and transparency.

Go read about similar cases around the world, rather than develop an argument out of sequence. Grammar>Logic>Rhetoric.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 09:27 PM   #52
Pro

roboas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan
Do you have any idea what a RICO case/indictment actually is?
I do, and there is a case here. This will be settled out of court, the lawyers will make millions, and we'll all get a customer service pack with an "L" tattoo for our my player.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:27 PM   #53
Underrated

PadresFan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
I do. Have you read about the Topps/Marvel RICO case that led to the entire sports and CCG card industry to place pack odds on their packs? Because that's why he's bringing up RICO. You should probably read the first few posts in the thread.
I actually read the entire thread. Thank you for giving me the heads up on reading past the first post.

Also, the RICO claim was dropped in that case because it... well... didn't meet the RICO requirements. The fact this was a RICO case to begin with was ridiculous and a drain on the courts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #54
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
It just seems like many of you are here for nothing more than just something to argue about.
I don't disagree, and it started with the first post. You are talking about action, not taking it. Expected everyone to just follow the pied piper and now are taking the ball that doesn't exist and going home. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I don't disagree, and it started with the first post. You are talking about action, not taking it. Expected everyone to just follow the pied piper and now are taking the ball that doesn't exist and going home. Good luck.
Sorry, but everything about your assumptive post is incorrect. 5 claims in 2 sentences and all but 1 is very incorrect.

As someone with a blue username, it should make total logical sense to you that when a thread like this arises (that pertains to MT), free will is a pretty massive player. No one is holding a gun to the people's heads that are getting all bent out of shape about this.

I literally expect NOTHING from anyone in or out of this thread. I promised nothing. You call me a pied piper. That's all fine and good, but I generally frown upon those that preach action and take none. But that's just me.

Are people going to start pulling each others hair in here? Maybe it is time for this thread to be locked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #56
Rookie

Jesus you dudes gotta stop playing this game it's getting ridiculous man

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »