Home

Upgrade Fatigue

This is a discussion on Upgrade Fatigue within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Upgrade Fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
bro keep spending money, no one is stopping you.

i hope you're looking forward to upgrading your team even more next year.

No offense, but I think comments like that are what he was talking about. Pointless, unnecessary, and kind of just makes you look like a jerk.

Just saying. I have no beef either way...
Old 02-28-2017, 11:44 AM   #10
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Bumping this thread. I wasn't feel the upgrade fatigue before, but I'm definitely feeling it today. There are already too many OP cards released already. The game is becoming arcadic. I cannot imagine what the other Team USA theme packs or Playoff packs would look like. They could keep upgrading the Historic collections, but they could never match this OP theme packs.

More than any installments in the past, this year's game is all about opening your wallets to keep buying players that bear no resemblance to the real life player. There are WAY too many players being released, each weekly release is slightly better than the previous weeks, and soon enough, we will see 99 overall players flooding the market, and we're playing a team of 99 overall players against another team of 99 overall players.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #11
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

I just set a limit for my self. The game cost me 60 up front and I already pumped another 80 into it and pulled nothing higher than 3 AMYS. It did however allow to me sell a bunch of stuff to get my mt up.

Ill probably only buy another 200k VC or so and thats it. I think people forget there will be another 2k released 7 months from now and you have to do it all over again.

I have a few cards I really want but Im not spending hundreds upon hundreds to pull these guys my pack luck is awful. I just use buy now a lot in the AH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #12
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

It isn't just about staying away from opening packs. It's about losing interest in grinding or playing the game. Why would I want to spend over 60 hours finishing historic domination or hundreds of hours unlocking PD Duncan via MTO, or Isiah from Blacktop, when there are plenty of similar or better cards you can get by spending money. And there is no way to keep competitive advantage lineup wise in this game. You may have a god squad 3 weeks ago, but your squad just becomes ordinary when newer OP cards are released.

And gameplay wise, you can spend hours studying playbooks or learning money plays, it's hard to keep an advantage when you constantly run into cheesers with a lineup full of 99 overalls who gets by because their LU is too OP.

Like I said, this mode isn't about basketball anymore, it's about keep opening packs and get hyped about a fantasy card for a couple weeks and open more packs after. I could see why more people are moving to PNO these days.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakename22
I just set a limit for my self. The game cost me 60 up front and I already pumped another 80 into it and pulled nothing higher than 3 AMYS. It did however allow to me sell a bunch of stuff to get my mt up.

Ill probably only buy another 200k VC or so and thats it. I think people forget there will be another 2k released 7 months from now and you have to do it all over again.

I have a few cards I really want but Im not spending hundreds upon hundreds to pull these guys my pack luck is awful. I just use buy now a lot in the AH.
My pack luck is also very bad. I realize all of the grinding you spend in MT and MyCareer is all out the window once 2k18 drops and you can bet it will be even wor$.

I tried to tell you guys the reward is not worth the grind.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:14 PM   #14
Pro

Thanks for the bump! This set is a perfect example of what I was talking about. People are going to spend hundreds of dollars or half a million MT to get the 97 T Mac, and there's a 94 overall version that came out 6 weeks ago! Are the boosts to shooting and ball control really worth hundreds of dollars?

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/players/compare/20264/20160

Just an update on what's happened since I posted this: I'm playing the game way more than sniping now, which is what this was supposed to be all about anyways haha. I'm slowly trying to grow my MT by playing until a Diamond LeBron or Diamond Hakeem drop, but I'm pretty happy with my team and I'm content to keep grinding towards my first prestige with the squad I've got.

http://2kmtcentral.com/17/lineups/285183/current-squad
Old 02-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #15
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditbeg1ns
It isn't just about staying away from opening packs. It's about losing interest in grinding or playing the game. Why would I want to spend over 60 hours finishing historic domination or hundreds of hours unlocking PD Duncan via MTO, or Isiah from Blacktop, when there are plenty of similar or better cards you can get by spending money. And there is no way to keep competitive advantage lineup wise in this game. You may have a god squad 3 weeks ago, but your squad just becomes ordinary when newer OP cards are released.

And gameplay wise, you can spend hours studying playbooks or learning money plays, it's hard to keep an advantage when you constantly run into cheesers with a lineup full of 99 overalls who gets by because their LU is too OP.

Like I said, this mode isn't about basketball anymore, it's about keep opening packs and get hyped about a fantasy card for a couple weeks and open more packs after. I could see why more people are moving to PNO these days.
I understand you now but in my case this mode is just the furthest thing from sim and always has been.

In years past I just match fire with fire. This year will be no different if I can get some type of pack luck but as you said thats what its all about spending money on packs with horrible odds.

Good thing for us is that we can grab some of the players a lot of guys will trying to get rid of to get the newer players and I feel if you are a skilled guy with a great 95-99 overall team vs a scrub with a 95-99 overall team I like my chances to win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #16
Pro

Just wanted to bump this back up because I was just looking at my team and trying to figure out who to take out of my rotation to fit Diamond Marc Gasol when it hit me...I love all of my big guys so why am I trying to banish one? I even love the ones with obvious weaknesses (Dikembe - scoring & Towns - defense). The Gasol looks amazing and totally OP, but what's the point of putting him in place of players that I really enjoy using and love/loved in real life? Sometimes I've gotta remind myself to take my own advice haha. At this point everyone can make a pretty great team on a budget, so just play the players you love!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »