Home

Is this year's cheese at all-time high?

This is a discussion on Is this year's cheese at all-time high? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2017, 11:56 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

Playing MTO is such a frustrating experience

This year has all previous years cheesing issues

2k15:
zig zag
3pt shooting at 90% at wide open shots

2k16:
Passes in the paint
Halfcourt inbound to exploit bad transition d
Visual cheese (black balls in black courts)
Deny all, to exploit psychic CPU on-ball defense
Steal inbound passes
Lead passes in the paint

Brand new 2k17 cheese:
Steal button mash
Physicallity wrestling game
AAAAAND brand new, 5 out offense with Cousins and Gasol hitting 3s like Klay Thompson

I really swear both of them have scored more 3s than 2s against me.
When a new Center is released and everyone looks at his 3ball says something about the game

Almost every game I play is a painful procedure. I literally try avoid my opponent stealing my inbound passes or steal the ball while I try to call a play or a pick

Try to find a solution against the 5-out offense

Try to score against the deny all and offball with Center

Rush back the Center to try to stop halfcourt inbound cheesy baskets or bailout fouls.

It's probably the worse online experience to date
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
MVP

justlaze's Arena

As I said man, I can cope with the in-game cheese and fight it with even better better defense (thus it's very annoying sometimes) but if you add the two-sided disconnection glitch and the abuse of it to your written cheese formula above it's just killing the mode.
Handling poor game mechanics is a thing, but receiving random and intentional losses is just too much on top of that.
Don't forget the raise of VC prices, the ban waves (which obviously were based on stupid detection systems hence innonecent people got banned) or forcing people to lock collections which lose value in no time!

Whether its different difficulty settings, team OVR influance or the forbidden E-Word... there is something fishy in myteam games aswell and it stinks.

I can only say that my cards sometimes dont act like they suppose to and play differently from game to game. I lose to scrubs without a reason, Mutombo not getting a board against low-rated matchups or PD West losing his pace if against Ruby Lin. Matter of fact Im not playing with my best squad anymore and lowered it to Amy level already.... been blowing out people since and I dont play differently than before

Probably this is the last cycle of MyTeam for me unless big changes coming in 2k18...I doubt it though.

Last edited by justlaze; 03-12-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Is this year's cheese at all-time high?

I really don't enjoy most mto games. They are entirely frustrating because of the game mechanical abuse. I respect the true game of basketball and it isn't pressing inbounds with 1 player, scoring off every opening tip, scoring via full court touchdown pass, turbo mashing iso ball. None of it is fun.

Manute Bol, Shawn Bradley and Yao were not able to cover from baseline to 3 point line on defense. This game they dominate with super human strength. Shaq can barely move them in this game and he backed everyone into the 1st row of spectators.

3 point shots with even the greatest shooters should at best go in 4 out of 10 times and I regularly have 5 out cheeser players who rarely miss without a herculean defensive effort. I think the 3 point ease of use kills all reason to run offense and take higher quality shots for less risk. This and frequent pausing plus all the other things previously mentioned by the others are making me a lot less interested in 2k18.

I don't even have to mention the nonexistant customer support and satisfaction experience. That is incredible with their frequent use of Twitter and other social networking sites. Pathetic 2k really pathetic.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #4
Rookie

noot's Arena

if you want to see the 3pt shooting quantified go check out the player stats for your players. Everyone in my team is in the 50-40-90 club, must are in the 50-50-90 club
Old 03-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #5
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

i dont even really mess with mto... i have actually grown to like blacktop more and play it often... ill beat mto in the summer. next year im gonna just beat it in the first few weeks instead of beating domination.

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah glad this is my last year of 2K for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #7
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Justlaze pretty much highlighted everything wrong with this year's MT. I played a lot this year because I wanted to prove that I could "win" the game. Next year, I have nothing left to aim for so I'll be taking a break as well.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Yeah this year is pretty cheesy, but I don't think anything is topping 2k13.

That 1-3-1 zone + Eurostep 3 combo was a sight to behold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »