Home

New Theme Packs: Gamebreakers

This is a discussion on New Theme Packs: Gamebreakers within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Theme Packs: Gamebreakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Very strictly speaking, in a very cutthroat way, neither 93 Oscar nor Penny are endgame-quality PG's. This doesn't mean they can't be effective or even most effective for you.

I think I'd sell both and consider consolidating with one endgame sort of PG, and one high-end budget backup.

I personally have GP, Kidd, Penny, D-Rose, AM Magic, PD West, and also really like PD Wade at PG. I sold off Tiny a while ago, never played him much at all.

Wade and West are unsellable, of course. And out of the remainders, I think I may end up selling D-Rose, Penny, and Kidd, in that order, as that's order of MT value.

If I could, I'd trade all three of those guys for 98 Oscar. I would consider trading all three of those guys plus GP for Oscar.

My issue with Kidd is his standing jumper slowness and that his defense is not quite elite unless one uses a Shot Contest shoe. My issue with Penny is that he has no HoF badges and isn't a high-end outside shooter, nor elite in defense. My issue with Rose is that he is, for this level of player, a defensive liability and cannot be fit with a shoe that will help with that.
+1 I knew there's this reasoning why I always hold your opinions in high regard. Appreciate your thoughts.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #194
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
+1 I knew there's this reasoning why I always hold your opinions in high regard. Appreciate your thoughts.
+2...looking like im going for the big O. Honestly his 93 has been one of my favorite cards all year so i know im going to love having him....maybe one day ill pull the MT out of my *** for that diamond Penny to back him up lol

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #195
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
I've played 3 MTO games today and all I've got to say is...Gary freaking Payton. This card is amazing. I'm running him at the 2 on offense and having him guard the point on defense and he's a beast on both ends.

EDIT: Two more games in Diamond League and Payton continues to shine, helping me force two quits. He is green light city from deep. I love his shooting animation. And on defense...my god. Whether I'm on balling with him or my opponent passes to the guy he's guarding, Payton is taking that ball away. I wasn't sure about playing him with Oscar, but it's already clear that this is my end game backcourt.
I followed your lead and I am having great success as well! Love the 1-2 punch of Oscar and Payton. Made Diamond league for the first time!

Here's my lineup in case anyone wants to chime in with their thoughts. I have also switched to using all 13 players, with Harden filling out my bench 1 and 2, KAT rotating in at the 4 and 5 and Connie Hawkins jumping in at the 3. I feel like this keeps everyone really fresh.

I've got about 500k saved for another sick diamond to drop. I really want like a Diamond Hakeem or a Diamond LBJ.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #196
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballaz
I followed your lead and I am having great success as well! Love the 1-2 punch of Oscar and Payton. Made Diamond league for the first time!

Here's my lineup in case anyone wants to chime in with their thoughts. I have also switched to using all 13 players, with Harden filling out my bench 1 and 2, KAT rotating in at the 4 and 5 and Connie Hawkins jumping in at the 3. I feel like this keeps everyone really fresh.

I've got about 500k saved for another sick diamond to drop. I really want like a Diamond Hakeem or a Diamond LBJ.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Operation Sports mobile app
Congrats on making it to Diamond League! I'm glad the Oscar/GP backcourt is working for you, too. Since I got GP I'm 11-1 and I cleared Diamond League for the first time. He's an unparalleled destructive force on defense. He's the best defender I've used at any position, and his shot is wet, especially after I put a 250MT Silver Curry One shoe on him (boosts open 3 and moving mid to 99). He and Oscar are it for me. Let me know how you do in Diamond league!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #197
Rookie

aLargeJewishGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSettle4Midz
+2...looking like im going for the big O. Honestly his 93 has been one of my favorite cards all year so i know im going to love having him....maybe one day ill pull the MT out of my *** for that diamond Penny to back him up lol

If you still are in need of a big O, I just threw one up with Jordan 31s w/ +9spdwball, +9accel & +9steal on the auctions expiring around midnight PST. Boosts him to a 99 and makes him waaaaaay too OP as if he wasn't enough already
Old 04-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #198
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLargeJewishGuy
If you still are in need of a big O, I just threw one up with Jordan 31s w/ +9spdwball, +9accel & +9steal on the auctions expiring around midnight PST. Boosts him to a 99 and makes him waaaaaay too OP as if he wasn't enough already
Thabks but already snagged one with a diamond shoe. Not the best shoe but plan on getting a better one for him. Cards OP. Can drop 50 with him any game if i wanted too lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »