Home

2k17 Player review thread

This is a discussion on 2k17 Player review thread within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #17
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Player review thread

Haven't posted in a long while but I'll do one on 97 overall Diamond '06 Dwyane Wade:

Scoring - Wouldn't make sense if I didn't start off with the strongest part of this card; his scoring. In 8 games played, not including the other 13 games where people quit, he's currently averaging 25.8 PPG on 63%FG/56%3PT/82%FT in only 15 MPG. The best part of this card is his 98 draw foul rating. So far, I've taken 55 free throws. I usually start off games taking mid range jumpers (97 ratings across the board) which opens up my driving game. Wade has a super quick crossover and is also strong (75 strength). Since I already placed a diamond shoe on him, his ball control/driving ratings permanently stay at an absurd 99 rating. If he's not dunking on someone, he's drawing the foul 8 times out of 10. Has a pretty good post game, too. Since I play him at PG, I often have no trouble either overpowering his matchup or shooting over him.

Rebounding - Currently averaging 2.0 RPG. Since he's always on the perimeter, he really has no chance to grab boards that often. However, his athleticism allows him to crash O boards well.

Playmaking - Amazing. Simply amazing. Currently averaging 7.4 APG. His HOF "PNR Maestro" badge creates greater looks for his teammates along with his drive-and-kick game. Everyone's %'s have gone up for a reason, especially Ruby Curry. He's also able to make outlet passes as long as he takes a dribble or two up the court.

Defense - Great defensively. His 96 STL/85 BLK allow him to cause havoc. He's Kawhi-Like. ONE example was watching the CPU cut off a Diamond Ray Allen drive, sprint back, and contest a Ruby Curry 3 from the top of the arc. Wade also has a ridiculous 98 speed rating which allows me to chase people down in transition.

Overall, Wade's card is GOAT-tier. He really has no weaknesses and even so, has a strong 86 open 3 point shot rating making people respect his perimeter shooting. Only negative that I could say about this card is his weak dunk animations, similar to Amar'e Stoudemire.
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns

Last edited by SaruAqua; 05-21-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #18
Rookie

SaruAqua's Arena

Just as a quick reference to Wade's ability to draw fouls at a high rate, this was a game I played earlier today against a squad with good defenders such as Diamond Paul George and so on. Scored 24 4th quarter points with Wade (14 of them from the FT line).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS_Messages_20170521_183440.jpg (413.4 KB, 118 views)
PF: Vacant/Ruby Draymond/Ruby Bosh
C: Diamond Mikan/Ruby Towns

Last edited by SaruAqua; 05-21-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:53 AM   #19
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Kevin McHale

I think he's been done before but he's changed a lot since the update. For this reason, I shat myself when I pulled him in blacktop. His strength, vertical, middy, driving layup, and lateral quickness all got significant boosts. Especially the latter. Now that he is able to move less like a statue and more like a human, he deserves a spot on my lineup.

Scoring - This is the reason you play this elongated twerp. Give it to him down low and he has at least 69 ways to score. "Trying to hold McHale when he's posting up is like trying to hold water in your hands." Speaking of which, his 95 hands is an absolute blessing. Passes from the PG to McHale literally never get intercepted or fumbled. Hook is great, and post fade is absolute money. Easy to green, hot zones all over the court and his 97 rating is cheaply boosted with a shoe to a 99, which I think makes a genuine difference. Who the hell knows how this game is coded, but I think it's more than a 2% difference. I've noticed in general that 99 stats "feel" different from 96 or 97. And when his matchup starts predicting the post fade, you can just chain into an up & under with that HOF badge, or just post spin with yet another HOF badge. He's post-spinned right around Yao and scored buckets. That's not just impressive. It's cheesy, easy, and definitely sleazy. All 3 of these moves work much better than they used to with his increased strength and hot zones. Whenever I'm being equalized, I give the ball to Mchale and let him elongate the **** out of the enemy.

The HOF drop-step badge is meh. He's just too skinny. It works great on smaller stretch 4's like Giannis or Durant, but he has a problem scoring on larger players. Which brings me to one of his weaknesses. This man bricks more dunks than any diamond should. Pretty sure the 70 standing dunk and 55 contact are to blame. He dunks fine off pick & rolls and clean post spins, but I usually go for a layup if the shot is at all contested. Acrobat is a must, and Tear Dropper IMO. Bricks a lot of alley oops as well, but literally always makes those BS tip-in ones.

Midrange is good if he's open. The hot zones help, but he's only an 80. Free throw is, annoyingly, a 77. Thanks 2k. Thankfully his draw foul is in the 70s, which I think is a good thing. Gets wet buckets way more often than fouls.

Rebounding - Great rebounding. Not elite, with only a 75 vert, but he does an excellent job.

Playmaking - Bad playmaking.

Defense - In general, he defend anyone who can't outrun him, and in the post he's a god. 98 shot contest, 94 strength and 98 LPDIQ are not to be trifled with. Decent perimeter defender with his 84 LQ and high contest. But he's slow. He can lock down guards, but not in transition. If you're playing him against Giannis, you're just plain screwed.

Overall he's one of my favorite players to play with, he's just so crafty and schwifty. I think he's best paired with an athletic team and a stretch 5 to make up for his lack of a 3.

Last edited by jschmib; 05-27-2017 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:39 PM   #20
Pro

Chauncey Billups new diamond is AMAZING!

A buddy of mine got magic and has been abusing my Steve Nash in friendlies so I picked up the new Chauncey. Wow.

He has 93 strength at 6'3 he feels very strong. On defense he gets lots of bump animations and steals. On offense tho he is a God. Purple limitless, deep range, mid range, and more. In previous years his shot had a weird hitch. This year it's straight cash. I didn't even know his release and took him online and he is straight cash. Averaging 15 pts 5 assists and 2 steals a game in 3 roads. Also shooting a whopping 9/12 from 3.

He just feels amazing guys. If you need a stronger pg to defend the big guys like magic and Oscar and still be a force on offense.. If you don't like Payton then Chauncey is a must try.

I got him for 98k bin. Not super cheap but also not unreasonable. Considering the 6 purple badges and juiced stats, the way he feels is definitely worth it.

Definitely don't sleep on this Chauncey.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:48 AM   #21
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

I'd also definitely recommend people having issues with Magic or Oscar try running the amethyst Andre Igoudala at PG off the bench as a much more budget solution.

He has done a great job as a sub on all of the big PGs for me so far and has great badging and handles to run point.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2017, 02:12 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
I'd also definitely recommend people having issues with Magic or Oscar try running the amethyst Andre Igoudala at PG off the bench as a much more budget solution.

He has done a great job as a sub on all of the big PGs for me so far and has great badging and handles to run point.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Iguodala PG ? that's really ugly cheese.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:43 AM   #23
Banned

jschmib's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jachikevicius
Iguodala PG ? that's really ugly cheese.
It's beautiful cheese. I was lucky enough to see an Amy Iggy with those tantalizing neon green +9 SWB, moving mid and vertical diamond shoes on a refresh. Bought him instantly for 20k. Couldn't believe my luck. 98 SWB iggy wiggy!!

I was tired of getting beat up by the new magic and other big PG's so I put him at PG to let his defensive stopper go to work and....

Wow. Scored 22 points for me in the first game effortlessly. I loved the **** out of his ruby card because of his speed and dunking ability, and this one has that times ten. Even the stock iggy with 89 SWB is kinda cheese. 98 speed with ball is BUTTER on a player who already has 92 ball control, 85 contact dunk and insane dunk animations. Not only is he able to posterize the living **** out of an entire team, but he can iso and speed boost around opposing PG's.

The cherries on top are his HOF pick pocket and pick dodger. Literally exactly what you want from a point guard. More like point god. He's the perfect solution to those awful people who run PD jordan or DI lebron at the point. He's dennis rodman with Carter-like offense.

Last edited by jschmib; 06-05-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #24
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Playoff Performers Larry Bird - Okay Worthy, you had a good run, but now you're backing up Larry Legend.

Bird does everything I got from Worthy - complete post game at the 3 with the ability to hit the outside shot. Worthy is a much better dunker, but Bird is not a bad dunker at all. Bird is much better defensively, a much better shooter with one of my favorite releases, and his strength comes in really handy. Plus, there's also some swag to beating someone with an ugly white guy. And his badging is insane. I've got one badge slot open, and I can't seem to find a badge that he doesn't already have.

Got him for 453k on PS4. I'd say he's well worth it, but I don't really care about cost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »