Home

Pack and Playoff Grind

This is a discussion on Pack and Playoff Grind within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pack and Playoff Grind

Does the rewards get any better later. Played a game last night that was so frustrating. I was up 30 by the 4th and this guy still didnt quit. Tried to kill the clock and he's full court pressing and fouling.

Those games are torture, worse is all I get is two picks that will prob end up getting me 50mt. What the hell 2k.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #10
Rookie

The rewards in the early rounds are a damn joke. It's beyond ridiculous honestly. You're playing a minimum 25 min game if not 30. Just from the game itself I think you're getting 50 mt. You don't even get to pick cards from the board till a round is complete.

For example, you might sweep the 1st round and get 4 picks for it to pick from the board. Even if you picked all 50mt cards, which I believe is the highest one on the board, thats 200 mt plus a little more for the actual gameplay total for about 2 hours worth of gameplay. That's insane. Last year the blacktop games would last about 10 mins and you would easily get 150-200 mt per game not including what card you picked from the board. Yes, you would use one of your own players for the game but one Sapphire player's MT cost is only about 30mt.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg52801
The rewards in the early rounds are a damn joke. It's beyond ridiculous honestly. You're playing a minimum 25 min game if not 30. Just from the game itself I think you're getting 50 mt. You don't even get to pick cards from the board till a round is complete.

For example, you might sweep the 1st round and get 4 picks for it to pick from the board. Even if you picked all 50mt cards, which I believe is the highest one on the board, thats 200 mt plus a little more for the actual gameplay total for about 2 hours worth of gameplay. That's insane. Last year the blacktop games would last about 10 mins and you would easily get 150-200 mt per game not including what card you picked from the board. Yes, you would use one of your own players for the game but one Sapphire player's MT cost is only about 30mt.

I agree. I'm beyond pissed off that this is 2k's replacement for Blacktop. It's quite clear that they're trying to make it as hard as possible for people to grind MT, forcing you to buy just one more pack. I absolutely loathe this company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #12
MVP

People are looking at PnP in terms of rewards. But it's also a way for casuals to play online with fantasy teams and be roughly on par with opponents.

Last edited by harryl; 09-18-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:54 PM   #13
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a lot of fun playing PnP. If they could just have more penalties for people fouling a lot it would be perfect. I thought the rewards for winning the finals were good. I got about 10 gold players in round 1. Right now I think it's a legitimate and fun way to make MT (no contracts) while still getting some new players.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
People are looking at PnP in terms of rewards. But it's also a way for casuals to play online with fantasy teams and be roughly on par with opponents.
Yes I do agree with what you're saying here. Maybe it's not really a comparison to blacktop from last year because its just a different mode. I was just comparing in terms of mt made. I do agree that it's definitely fun and you get to try the the new cards n stuff that you can't necessarily by.

As adwin7 said, maybe its worth it after going thru all 4 rounds and getting all those golds as he got. Lets see.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:16 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Do we not get MT from the actual plays in the games in this mode the way we do elsewhere? (Meaning rebounds, assists, blocks, etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 03:31 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnng07
Do we not get MT from the actual plays in the games in this mode the way we do elsewhere? (Meaning rebounds, assists, blocks, etc)
I dont think so. I know we get some minute amount not sure how much exactly. I'll pay attention next time to see how much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »