Home

Weekly pre-order packs?

This is a discussion on Weekly pre-order packs? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 09:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Weekly pre-order packs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
I got my pack and really, 2K? MyTeam is literally the only mode I've played so far and it's so screwed up that it's infuriating.

First, I still haven't received my glitched Bulls Jersey, I opened a complaint 4 days ago and have tweeted these guys multiple times. First off, it should be an easy fix. Just give everybody the jersey. It's literally worthless outside of the collection. An easy blanket fix.

Secondly these weekly packs only include free agents? They gave me my same bonus Shaq & Wade +Kyrie, and a KAT FA card. This would be great if FA cards didn't have a price for Supermax, but they do. There should be some sort of bonuses better than this. You can't even add badges to these guys. The rewards, that you have to Quicksell only sold for 700 total MT. 1 Ruby used to sell for 950 last year. They are really taking this to the edge, man.
I have not opened my pack yet (assuming it came today), but if the 40 packs are full of FA cards, then my investment in the Legend Gold Edition is looking worse by the day. Seriously would have just purchased the regular tip-off addition, and purchased VC when there was a good sale.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle1228
I have not opened my pack yet (assuming it came today), but if the 40 packs are full of FA cards, then my investment in the Legend Gold Edition is looking worse by the day. Seriously would have just purchased the regular tip-off addition, and purchased VC when there was a good sale.
I don't think this is just semantics: it was never an investment. Everything that came as an extra was to be consumed and had a shelf life. Nothing, including Shaq and Wade, is an investment.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #11
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6

Just opened what I assume is my weekly pack and it is the same Shaq and Kyrie as the pre order? WTH!!! Only option is to sell both for a whopping 450mt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 01:19 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I don't think this is just semantics: it was never an investment. Everything that came as an extra was to be consumed and had a shelf life. Nothing, including Shaq and Wade, is an investment.
No offense intended, but what is your point? Every investment, no matter the terms/duration have a shelf-life. I purchased the Legend Gold Edition with the assumption that I would consume 40 packs (the equivalent of 4 boxes) over 40 weeks, and potentially get at least 1 or 2 good pulls. This was a speculative investment and one of the reasons I chose Legend Gold as opposed to 2 cheaper options.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
No offense intended, but what is your point? Every investment, no matter the terms/duration have a shelf-life. I purchased the Legend Gold Edition with the assumption that I would consume 40 packs (the equivalent of 4 boxes) over 40 weeks, and potentially get at least 1 or 2 good pulls. This was a speculative investment and one of the reasons I chose Legend Gold as opposed to 2 cheaper options.
My point is that you were never making an investment in Legend Gold. You were just making a purchase.

An investment - a good one at least - doesn't "have a shelf life," but becomes more valuable over time. Or at least is expected to be worth more than it cost at some point in time.

It wasn't necessarily a bad purchase. Just not an investment.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:10 PM   #14
Pro

Bi00's Arena

I think the point is that these weekly packs were expected to have "something", not just straight duplicates that give nothing but some pitiful MT. It is definitely not okay that these packs are giving all duplicate players from previous packs. Seems like a complete oversight.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
My point is that you were never making an investment in Legend Gold. You were just making a purchase.

An investment - a good one at least - doesn't "have a shelf life," but becomes more valuable over time. Or at least is expected to be worth more than it cost at some point in time.

It wasn't necessarily a bad purchase. Just not an investment.

This is a debate in semantics. You are using the term "investment" in relation to the way it is defined in finance in which an asset is purchased with expectation of a future monetary benefit. In my case, I paid a premium for the Legend Gold Edition with the expectation of a future benefit. Just not a monetary benefit.

The term investment can be defined in different ways depending on context, and is not always the expectation of future monetary gain. Whether it be investing in a personal relationship, educating oneself, or investing time to enrich anothers life, etc. You are myopically defining investment as exclusive to the anticipation of a future monetary return.

Lastly, all financial investments have a shelf life. Even good ones. No matter the investment there is always an expansion, peak, contraction, trough and ultimately a demise as all things will eventually come to an end. Even good historically sound investments.

Last edited by popsicle1228; 09-22-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 04:37 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
This is a debate in semantics.
Yes, I acknowledged up front the semantic angle. I think it's more than just semantics, and goes toward the meaning of "investment."

Quote:
You are using the term "investment" in relation to the way it is defined in finance in which an asset is purchased with expectation of a future monetary benefit.
I'm using the term "investment" as something that will grow in value. It doesn't have to be monetary.

To me, you made a purchase, not an investment. I don't think future delivery of something that one purchased turns that purchase into an "investment."

If I allow a restaurant to charge me $19.99 for a pizza they will deliver to me one hour in the future, I didn't "invest" in pizza futures. I bought a pizza.

But, still, it's a matter of interpretation and one's preference for flexibility and change in language. If you want to use the term figuratively and loosely, that's your right.

But I think specifically NOT calling anything you do in 2K an "investment" will help you keep in mind how any "value" in the game is fleeting and ephemeral.

Also, you should know that, with $100, you can buy 435,000 VC from Gamestop. And you can probably do even better if you jump on an in-game "sale."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »