Home

1st experience SuperMax Round 1 frustration

This is a discussion on 1st experience SuperMax Round 1 frustration within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 10:50 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 1st experience SuperMax Round 1 frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
If you are losing by 20, nothing is going to change for you. Why would anyone stop doing what's working in an online mode as competitive as supermax.
No one is expecting the opponent to stop what he is doing

What we are expecting from 2K is

a) Make ALL games superstar difficulty, zig zag popup 3s, stealing spamming would be reduced

b) Make 5 out less efficient (Centers not having so high 3pt open)

c) Create a sufficient defensive AI to counter 5-out. If not possible, remove the 5-out offense. It was done with 1-3-1 zone in the past

d) Fix the damn Defensive AI that allows half-court inbound and turbo se effective

e) Do not award 5 out spammers with new content (released cards) of Centers that shoot as effective as Curry in an open 3.

f) Do not allow players to have an all-white court including white lines

g) Do not allow 100 pauses per game (quick pause)

2k does nothing for this. Instead if I am not mistaken, every 4 rounds, your progress will be reset and you will REPLAY lower seeds. That means even more games with Pro difficulty

MyTeam has turned to a cheesers paradise, and it is getting worse year on year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 12:06 PM   #26
Rookie

Yeah and let's add this to the list of enjoyment, cheesers and poor sports were pausing me as I was in the motion of shooting free throws. Yeah so fun. A simple fix would be that every pause removes a minimum of 20 seconds from the timer. Now only needed pauses are going to happen. This company is lazy and ruining a potentially good game.

Just because a mode is competitive doesn't excuse them allowing this to happen. The win at all costs argument is pathetic and weak. Yeah I see exactly who they cater to. This is not basketball.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #27
Pro

I dont like how height still makes a big difference. Zhou qi was grabbing boards over Tyson Chandler and doin putback dunks like he was Shaq.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
I dont like how height still makes a big difference. Zhou qi was grabbing boards over Tyson Chandler and doin putback dunks like he was Shaq.
Yeah, wait until you face Marjanovic...

Speaking of which 2k caters to, Boban Marjanovic found his way to the Historic Spurs... Somehow...

Last edited by kabamaru; 09-27-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #29
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah I have to agree with landman:

It's clear that the difficulty is on Pro. You can tell this by the difficulty modifier only being 1.00x. All Star and up starts at 1.25x

This should not be the case for a mode as competitive as Supermax. I see guys turboing around the court and making the most careless passes with no consequence. How do they ever expect people to learn the game if they don't punish these tactics?

Hope one of the My Team devs reads this thread and bumps the difficulty up. PNO is on Superstar, i don't see why My Team can't be put on the same thing.

Right now supermax plays like a big slopfest.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 09-27-2017, 04:24 PM   #30
Pro

Bi00's Arena

I'm definitely in favor of bumping the difficulty level across the board. I just hope they don't differentiate the difficulty level by tier or else we are going to have the same mismatched bs from last year.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #31
Rookie

shammgod97's Arena

This is why, unfortunately, MyTeam pushes me further and further toward offline gameplay. I love the mode, but dislike the online gameplay.

Height issues, cheesy turbo offense, from behind blocks of breakaway dunks, pausing, zig zagging, things that have been issues for years, and they're back again. Rebound ratings mean very little, and everything is catered to one style of play. Nonsense screen, drive, kick, rinse and repeat.

People complained about gauntlet and blacktop, and yes, they were sloppy. But for those of us who work a lot, it was mercifully over with in less than 15 minutes. Also, there was no expectation of anything other than NBA jam type, arcade play. This is also why pack and playoffs seems so damn tedious. Why couldn't they have made it 5 on 5 to 25 or 31 or something? Since there's no stamina or subs anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 05:47 PM   #32
Rookie

adwin7's Arena

OVR: 2

I finally jumped into supermax after getting my hands on a rewards ruby Abdur-rahim. That pick up also got me the Gasol/Conley duo to come off the bench.

I've done well so far I'm about 5-3, but it's been pretty fun. Once I got used to the defense I was playing pretty well.

A difficulty bump up would be nice. Threes go in way too much. But I have found, as i did in Pack and play, that the key is to play a smart offense and solid defense.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »