Home

Worst MyTeam ever

This is a discussion on Worst MyTeam ever within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2017, 08:22 PM   #113
Rookie

shammgod97's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Worst MyTeam ever

Best part of all of this is the records and amount of time you need for SuperMax awards. Anybody even dreaming of J Rich is like 78-9. I work a real job and have a family. Are you kidding me with this s***? That's around 80-100 games for that card. And of course, because there will only be a handful, the salary will stay low, so rich get richer. Cool...
Old 11-16-2017, 11:55 PM   #114
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeptc
This is the first time in my long history of 2K actually playing MyTeam. Ive been a MyLeague guy forever. SO, honestly I don't have the background to bitch about how MT used to be better. I am enjoying the Domination aspect so far. Gameplay is ok, sometimes crappy but I am halfway through historic dom and am enjoying it. Just beat the Raptors one and it felt really good gameplay-wise, I won 61-57.

Can you guys explain why this MT is so much worse? I will admit that I wish the rewards for the schedule challenges were worthwhile as I love the offline collection aspect, and I have not played more than 5-6 Supermax games. What are the biggest differences between this and say, 2k13/14?

Thanks and I am enjoying the tips and tales of woe and triumph so far here!
This is the first MyTeam that, at least, doesn't suck major balls comparing to similar modes of competition (fifa, madden, pes, mlb the show).

Yes, supermax is kinda weird right now (5200 cap, really? why not 1000000) but there's plenty of good enough offline content, pack & playoffs and, finally, head coaches that have some impact on the lineups. Sadly, as in almost all areas in 2k games, there's no in-game info about benefits & penalties of having high/low numbers in system proficiencies.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #115
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Actually been getting back into it. New cards, no more of the 5 out cancer., removal of the foul out glitch. Gameplay is still meh but it's better than it was a few weeks ago. Been enjoying it a lot honestly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeptc
This is the first time in my long history of 2K actually playing MyTeam. Ive been a MyLeague guy forever. SO, honestly I don't have the background to bitch about how MT used to be better. I am enjoying the Domination aspect so far. Gameplay is ok, sometimes crappy but I am halfway through historic dom and am enjoying it. Just beat the Raptors one and it felt really good gameplay-wise, I won 61-57.

Can you guys explain why this MT is so much worse? I will admit that I wish the rewards for the schedule challenges were worthwhile as I love the offline collection aspect, and I have not played more than 5-6 Supermax games. What are the biggest differences between this and say, 2k13/14?

Thanks and I am enjoying the tips and tales of woe and triumph so far here!
If you're someone who has come over from MyLeague, then you enjoy playing the CPU and MyTeam has a lot more offline content this year.

Most of the complaints this year are centered around gameplay issues and particularly ones that have ramifications within the online PvP context. Especially perceived favoring of cheesiness and exploits.

I think one negative fundamental aspect about MyTeam that helps to foster disgruntlement is the PvP competition aspect and, in combination with the collecting/upgrading aspect, we can have a tendency to view gameplay as a means to an end.

For example, when we play Dominations or Schedule Challenges, we're playing to complete them and get a prize. We're not playing it for fun. Whereas, in MyLeague, you play games for fun. The whole point is to play games. In MyTeam, we start chasing our own tails and complain about Schedule Challenges, for example, because the prizes aren't good enough.

Keep playing Domination. Get at least through Historic Dom because the player rewards are massive for that.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:23 PM   #117
Rookie

I still do not understand why 2K can't create a small little corner for SIM players to play against each other in MyTeam...

Why am I forced to play SuperMax against teams with 10 Ruby or better cards with my solid team players?

"Get better cards!!!"

I don't want to. I want to build and play a squad that resembles a real team...not a collection of Hall of Famers and cheesy Moments cards.

And I'd like to be able to match up against other players looking to do the same.

It's NOT that complicated. They are doing HALF of what's necessary already. Give us restrictions...some type of LOW salary cap...and let us creatively figure out ways to structure a team under those restrictions.

That's half the fun. You want to talk about the "meta" game as I heard the MyTeam guy from 2K mention...this is the ultimate "meta" game inside of MyTeam.

I fail to see how it's fun to just roll out a lineup of 10 Ruby and better cards plus 3 Bronze benchwarmers.

But I do know that this eats the heck out of MT and VC...and more and more it looks like that's all 2K cares about.

And this is coming from a guy who has ZERO issue with micro-transactions in games like 2K. I actually really like it, when it's done RIGHT. But this year it seems like it's the only thing they care about when constructing the MyTeam mode.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:34 PM   #118
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

It is a shameful money grab and I have fallen in to the trap. I don't play online, strictly offline but I've sadly given them a lot of money, like a lot

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #119
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

As a casual 2K player, MyTeam isn't doing much for me this year. I don't have a lot of time to spare, thus I usually play a bit of MyTeam just to trade/unlock players, jerseys, etc. This year I can't even design my own jersey or use the auction house unless I complete a certain set of objectives, most of which I can't be bothered with. I play strictly offline, now I have to play an online game to design my own jersey? And what level of CPU competition do I have to beat in order to use the auction house? I honestly don't know because I stopped playing MyTeam after seeing this stuff.

I realize these restrictions are minimal, but they are also non-existent in other games' UT modes and were never an issue until 2K18. Seems like whoever is in charge of MyTeam game design really lost the plot this year, either that or they just assume everyone who buys the game is going to do whatever it takes.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #120
Rookie

RodionMaZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachLou
And this is coming from a guy who has ZERO issue with micro-transactions in games like 2K. I actually really like it, when it's done RIGHT. But this year it seems like it's the only thing they care about when constructing the MyTeam mode.
Well, we could play against each other here on the OS, and set a salary cap that resembles restrictions of the real teams (even the different tiers, as they are in "Play now").
I, too, don't understand salary caps above 2500, as even with that you can have lineup that's better than the Warriors or prime Bulls.

Last edited by RodionMaZ; 12-11-2017 at 03:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »