Home

One positive about MyTeam

This is a discussion on One positive about MyTeam within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #1
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
One positive about MyTeam

The fact that putting a sf at the PF makes them BBQ chicken in the post. I've had many 30 point games with Spencer Haywood because guys are putting Durant and other sfs at the 4 and are too stubborn to take them out even after I score 10 points in a row from the post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: One positive about MyTeam

If you are good in the post you can make some serious damage against average MyTeam players.

The most common strategy is too run an all shooting lineup and jack up threes like there is no tomorrow.

I faced hilarious jumping rabbits in the paint, when you just make easy pump fakes or go for up and unders. People don't know how to defend or run post offense properly - at least a lot of them.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
MVP

I actually have found playing in the post, online, to be a little frustrating. One does encounter "rabbits" like Justlaze says, who are super-bad at playing Post D, jumping all the time.

But I also find that the slight lag online that I can deal with, for taking open jump shots, makes it really hard for me to chain post fakes. I'm often trying to fake, but then end up taking the shot I was trying to fake.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:47 AM   #4
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I actually have found playing in the post, online, to be a little frustrating. One does encounter "rabbits" like Justlaze says, who are super-bad at playing Post D, jumping all the time.

But I also find that the slight lag online that I can deal with, for taking open jump shots, makes it really hard for me to chain post fakes. I'm often trying to fake, but then end up taking the shot I was trying to fake.
what hurts me most about the post game is that these "rabbits" actually succeed in blocking attempts while failing on defense. I get caught in stupid animations, while my up and under shot gets blocked by the body coming down after the jump. so bad basketball IQ getting rewarded again here and there.
this is especially frustrating in ProAM/Park where I decided to make a pure post Hakeem Archetype and manage to outplay people but still lose the balls in the worst animations. 2K also doesnt come up with a solution to this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »