Home

Kobe Release

This is a discussion on Kobe Release within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #9
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Kobe Release

Anybody got any good way to pass these challenges. I'm not the "go out and score 60 with one guy" type and this is very frustrating for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 12-22-2017, 08:16 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You won't be missing out on much if you skip these moments challenges. The free ruby Kobe is a mediocre card that doesn't even have the correct post fadeaway animation equipped (2K just gave him the same generic big man #1 fade that 90% of historic cards have this year).

And the free reward "Kobe pack" that you get for completing the 81 point challenge is probably just going to give you some random historic player instead of Kobe (I got ruby Tim Hardaway ).

There's also no bonus MT reward for completing these lengthy moments challenges that are set to longer than usual quarters, so you'll only make around 1,500 MT per game and spend a lot of time playing them. And the gameplay itself isn't very fun since you'll be getting double teamed by the CPU every time your go-to scorer touches the ball in these one-player scoring challenges.
If one couldn't play these Challenges for a few more days and then cannot, then I guess the "loss" is not that great. But the benefit was quite nice for those who persisted in playing the games last night. Especially if they already had the requisite 8 Lakers players.
  • Ruby Kobe could be sold last night for somewhere very generally between 15K and 40K, depending on how early you finished the 1st game and how aggressive/realistic you were in pricing. I didn't get to the games until late evening West Coast time and sold it for 15,500 MT.
  • If you already had at least some Lakers players, then there was one-time extra profit to be had by selling them off. Even at the end of prime time hours on the West Coast, those worthless Historic Lakers Golds could be sold for 4K. A couple/few hours earlier, they could be sold for 5K. I personally had 15 Lakers cards and sold all but Magic. Grossed over 50K I think and probably 30K of it was just because of last night's conditions.
  • The reward for the second game basically guaranteed a Historic Ruby. I'm just guessing that average net on selling that would be 10K? Drop rates on the Amethyst Kobe seem like they're high, and also high drop rates on Diamond Shoes. A Diamond shoe is worth easily 5K, and perhaps 10K+ if applied and sold on a good card. I was lucky for once and drew an Amethyst Kobe and, even though it was well after midnight on the West Coast, I was still able to sell for 95K.

So I personally netted 125K+ because of yesterday's event. And, I think, someone who made out very modestly, but who finished things at a good time, could have come out 20-30K ahead. That's a lot of MT to a lot of people.

But you're right: at this point, benefit has diminished greatly. I don't know, but I would imagine Ruby Kobe is not worth much more than 10K now and Amethyst Kobe not much more than 50K, if that. And Historic Rubies have, of course, crashed. But even if someone only nets 10K out of two Challenges, that's at least worthwhile.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:12 PM   #11
Rookie

Been over 24 hrs and the myteam servers are still a mess because of this. Get a 5 gig patch in between then and still these issues persist. I don't even care for the Kobe challenges. I just want to rip some packs and play schedule mode without losing everything.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2017, 04:54 AM   #12
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

How long are the quarters in the 81pt Kobe challenge?

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-23-2017, 06:40 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
How long are the quarters in the 81pt Kobe challenge?

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Operation Sports mobile app
8 minutes.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #14
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Anyone have any idea when these expire? Not gonna be home till tomorrow (the 24th)
Old 12-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Has anyone had Kobe get injured in the challenge?

Kobe had 40 points going into the 3rd quarter and on a defensive play, Kobe hurt his arm and left the game for good. Done with the 81-point challenge.

I've never had 2K18 players get hurt in domination. Sadly and disappointingly, in this MT challenge, with Kobe being the focal player, he gets hurt???

Seriously 2K, what are you doing.... ???

What makes this so weird is that it wastefully and needlessly uses player contracts, leaving one with no incentive to continue on with the challenge, after all it's (challenge) about Kobe!

Last edited by SirDAB; 12-26-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2017, 04:36 PM   #16
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDAB
Has anyone had Kobe get injured in the challenge?

Kobe had 40 points going into the 3rd quarter and on a defensive play, Kobe hurt his arm and left the game for good. Done with the 81-point challenge.

I've never had 2K18 players get hurt in domination. Sadly and disappointingly, in this MT challenge, with Kobe being the focal player, he gets hurt???

Seriously 2K, what are you doing.... ???

What makes this so weird is that it wastefully and needlessly uses player contracts, leaving one with no incentive to continue on with the challenge, after all it's (challenge) about Kobe!
THIS!!!

WTF! I had the same garbage just happen to me. I was at 53 in the 3rd, a standard defensive out of bounds play and I see Stockton in (I had Kobe at PG). I check and it says right ankle injury status: OUT.

I tried putting him back in and clearly a player being OUT cannot be brought back in. He's the damn focal point of the challenge!

During a 4 minute span I called TO twice and on the 2nd TO it allowed me to rearrange my roster and put Kobe back in. He played the remainder of the game.

I finished with 78. I'm just incredibly let down. They even called a time out towards the last 2 minutes of the game and he came off the court favoring the ankle, but they allowed me to keep him in. At that point I needed 10 with a minute and 20 left. I tried my best, but that 4 minutes in the 3rd would have done wonders. Plus the 4 minutes he was down they didn't even have him gain much stamina at all. I would thought at least 10 points of stamina.

This challenge just shows how petty 2K actually is. They can't even lie down and die with dignity. They'll cheese to the end. Suck us dry of contracts. Screw us on pack odds. Drain us of real world money and a corrupt system. Just lose 2K. You don't have to cheat so hard. It's really obvious.

I love that this is a challenging challenge, but come on! They go how many weeks without putting up any challenges, then they create this scam with garbage results? I hate seeing their Twitter account tell us how epic of a matchup is either going to occur, or just occurred. If it's momentous enough to Tweet about, just create a moments challenge then. Give us more opportunities to gain MT. We'll be using contracts, you know you love seeing us do that.

Here's the kicker, I go into Manage Team: Lineups...Guess who's not even hurt. I have so many injury cards built up I'm stacked to heal up my man and get right back to work. I never use injury cards generally, but then I check and he's not even hurt. Seems awfully fishy 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »