Home

Kobe Release

This is a discussion on Kobe Release within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2017, 08:40 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Kobe Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
Here's the kicker, I go into Manage Team: Lineups...Guess who's not even hurt. I have so many injury cards built up I'm stacked to heal up my man and get right back to work. I never use injury cards generally, but then I check and he's not even hurt. Seems awfully fishy 2K.
So he had a very light injury that didn't require a card, which makes sense, because you were able to bring him back in, during the same game. This happens sometimes.

In general, injuries are randomized and the likelihood of them increases when a player is played heavy minutes even during one game. So it's inevitable that some people will have their Kobe injured during this 2nd challenge.

Super annoying to play such a long challenge and have the time wasted, even though you make enough MT to not lose MT on Contracts.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:52 AM   #18
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
THIS!!!

WTF! I had the same garbage just happen to me. I was at 53 in the 3rd, a standard defensive out of bounds play and I see Stockton in (I had Kobe at PG). I check and it says right ankle injury status: OUT.

I tried putting him back in and clearly a player being OUT cannot be brought back in. He's the damn focal point of the challenge!

During a 4 minute span I called TO twice and on the 2nd TO it allowed me to rearrange my roster and put Kobe back in. He played the remainder of the game.

I finished with 78. I'm just incredibly let down. They even called a time out towards the last 2 minutes of the game and he came off the court favoring the ankle, but they allowed me to keep him in. At that point I needed 10 with a minute and 20 left. I tried my best, but that 4 minutes in the 3rd would have done wonders. Plus the 4 minutes he was down they didn't even have him gain much stamina at all. I would thought at least 10 points of stamina.

This challenge just shows how petty 2K actually is. They can't even lie down and die with dignity. They'll cheese to the end. Suck us dry of contracts. Screw us on pack odds. Drain us of real world money and a corrupt system. Just lose 2K. You don't have to cheat so hard. It's really obvious.

I love that this is a challenging challenge, but come on! They go how many weeks without putting up any challenges, then they create this scam with garbage results? I hate seeing their Twitter account tell us how epic of a matchup is either going to occur, or just occurred. If it's momentous enough to Tweet about, just create a moments challenge then. Give us more opportunities to gain MT. We'll be using contracts, you know you love seeing us do that.

Here's the kicker, I go into Manage Team: Lineups...Guess who's not even hurt. I have so many injury cards built up I'm stacked to heal up my man and get right back to work. I never use injury cards generally, but then I check and he's not even hurt. Seems awfully fishy 2K.
Yep my mate had 2 injury games in a row when doing well with Kobe one cost him 7 games and the very next game he tried he copped another injury at the start of the 3rd which cost him another game...

Scamming contracts is all these are for along with heavily lopsided sliders. I did the first one to get the Kobe (As I didn't have one) and that was enough for me. I had 4 cracks at it before I finally got it. I used the Kmart Amy rewards card as my go to guy and 3 of the 4 games he got the 60 points only for me to lose the Jazz by some serious 2k animated and slider cheese to give them the wins.

After hearing guys have 6 or 7 attempts at the Kobe one and then seeing their woeful rewards... 100% not worth it. After having to wait for new moments challenges for so long man 2k let us down I feel.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:30 PM   #19
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I got myself an Amy Kobe for this challenge, figured some good play and dropped 93 points.

When finishing the challenge it gave me VC like it was some PlayNowOnline match, didn't say nothing like "challenge completed".

Went to the challenges menu (like WTF is going on?) and yep, it didn't got counted.

Sold Kobe afterwards immediatly and didnt touch this trash of a mode for some days.

It's truly a love-hate-relationship.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by didak7
After hearing guys have 6 or 7 attempts at the Kobe one and then seeing their woeful rewards... 100% not worth it. After having to wait for new moments challenges for so long man 2k let us down I feel.
You need to consider overall context. Plenty of people have talked about finishing both challenges on first tries, with no injuries. I had no injuries and finished first challenge on first try, and finished the 2nd challenge on my 2nd try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
When finishing the challenge it gave me VC like it was some PlayNowOnline match, didn't say nothing like "challenge completed".
Wow, that sucks. I think it was last year that this would occasionally happen. Maybe this year too, I forget. I was especially concerned because I did them when servers were still sh!tting the bed, and got a glitch upon exit, but thankfully did get MT counted and the Reward Packs.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #21
Rookie

I feel like I got a little lucky with the Kobe Challenges. I beat both on the first try, but not because I am great at the game or anything.

The first challenge, I used Moments Lebron to get 60pts, but he is a cheese card that is nearly unstoppable on blow bys or in pick and roll situations.

I used my Ruby Kobe in the 2nd challenge. I cheesed by running Kobe at PG and used the 1st quarter to post up Mugsy who is absolutey too small and lacks the strength to stop Kobe in the Post. Lucky for me Mugsy could not stop a simple post spin even once.

When Mugsy got subbed out, I could no longer post spam so I started scoring more from the 3 point line before Kobe became to tired to make long range shots. I got lucky on 2 or 3 lightly contested to heavily contested 3 point shots. Being on fire may help mitigate the contest, but I am not certain.

By the end of the 3rd I had such a lead that the CPU subbed out all of their good players, and replaced the guards with bronze players. The bronze players had no chance at stopping even a tired Kobe from blowing by.

My reward for the 2nd challenge was Historic Ruby Chris Mullin. I immediately sold Ruby Kobe to take advantage of the market crash that occurred due to excessive pack openings. I have been attempting to lock in all collections this year so the market crash really helped me load up. I finished all current collections, and have almost all emerald historic cards (in many cases buying for 500mt). I have all the historic golds.

Waiting for the market to drop on historic sapphires and rubys.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »