Home

Remdizzle's Updated Rosters: New Jerseys, Gear Edits, Rating Edits, The Whole 9 (PS4)

This is a discussion on Remdizzle's Updated Rosters: New Jerseys, Gear Edits, Rating Edits, The Whole 9 (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #17
Rookie

remdizzle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Remdizzle's Updated Rosters: New Jerseys, Gear Edits, Rating Edits, The Whole 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrkline
cant wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1kola101
Great to hear!
Always happy for new rosters!!
Glad to hear you guys are interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
What about Classic teams playbooks, tendencies and ratings edit. Will you also be performing these?
I was contemplating doing so, this will take back seat to finishing all touches on current rosters, but if I can get the proper resources and such I could get around to Classic Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle b
great news !

you start with the day one rosters or you will include injuries ?

(i ask that because i'm looking for rosters without injuries )
I will be using the latest roster that 2k has released so sadly there will be injuries; I'll be making these rosters primarily for those that look to have a nice MyGM roster, I wish I had the capabilities that I did with modding for PC to remove injuries and such, sadly with 2k keeping roster saves online I don't have the capable tools at my disposal to do so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
This is the type of roster Ive been waiting for. I was going to go ahead and start doing a project like this, but since you got the ball rolling already I am more than willing to offer help where needed. Just let me know.
I definitely am open to getting more people on board to help with this as my plans for this roster are on such a large scale. I'm beginning to complete gear, rating, wingspan edits for the final teams, after I do so I'll post the file name and if you're willing to help with say, tendencies, playbooks or anything at all just let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
CAM!

I cant believe you want to continue your amazing work on nex gen. Dude I have no idea how you're not tired yet but you are a machine lol.

I am certainly interested simply because this is as ultimate as the roster can get. Not sure about all the legends teams though

As far as the speed edits which im trying to find out about right now myself, so I think Kaynor just explained it like this

The number you have to pay attention to would be the numbers in the row that looks like this

78/88

The latter is actually like their combine numbers... the first one is the actual translation of the video game rating speed.

So if John Wall was a 95/97 speed then you would rate him at 95 in the game.
Haha my man 23 I can't lie I burned out around Christmas time from all the modding I had been doing for PC since October, but I caught new wind with the 4th patch coming out and lack of a complete roster with all of the things we look for in a roster at our disposal. So I figured why not get the ball rolling, though I wish I could get my hands on the next-gen global and edit gear and bodies man, some of the shoes look so clunky and some accessory textures are just flat out messed up lol. After I release the first version of my roster (I'll call it a BETA) I'll take a look at that spreadsheet with the speeds; If I don't make the changes myself, maybe someone else would be willing to go in and edit them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Sounds sick. Im doing another video about whats wrong with the ratings. I noticed that the close, inside and now medium ratings are starting bloat again. The worst shooters have 40s but that is rare. Most 'poor' shooters have 60s and you can still stroke open shots with 60s I know this because for some dumb reason Matthews has a 67 and he still makes most of his open shots.
I noticed this too bro, 2k's shooting mechanics and probabilities for next-gen are all out of whack in so many ways lol. Of course we all experience the A+, Excellent shot feedback bricks, and the opposite random swishes lol. I'm curious to see your video as I noticed this in particular with next-gen since I played on current-gen (PC) for a good 3 months; At first glance most think that ratings work like grades; 60's = D , 70's = C , 80's = B , 90's = A ; whereas in reality anything above 65 (from my observation and testing) suffices as a good enough rating to show success in whichever category aside from things such as on ball D and stealing probability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCaponio
Will this roster be based off the original 2K roster (which means about 30 missing players) or a later update (which would have the missing players but would also have many injured guys with unplayable ratings)?
This roster is based off of the latest roster released on the day of my original post, so it will include the missing players but will unfortunately have injuries; This roster will primarily be a MyGM roster moreso than a play now roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I'm interested if you lower player ratings all across the board...

way to many players rated in 70 and 80 range. ..spread things out.

Also potential rating needs to be lowered for every single player as it causes horrible rating inflation within 3 years

please let me know your plans for both
I've kind of explored this, just skimming my roster thusfar from my edits there is a vast majority of 70's (basically your average almost above average functioning starter players in the NBA) I tried to focus on really dropping players that don't have an exaggerated impact down into the 60's and those players that are just below superstar caliber in the low 80's, while superstars will delve into the 90 range. As far as potentials I knocked those down a large peg for 80% of active players. I'll probably post a spreadsheet of all overalls and potentials for everyone to look at before releasing perhaps? Then you guys can offer feedback on if all is good for a BETA release

Just in case you didn't read each reply/inquiry above, I'm nearing completion of rating, gear, wingspan edits for all teams (I have yet to touch FA's, and am dreading even thinking about going about editing them, would be nice if someone wanted to hop on board for that) With that being said, before I post the file name, I'll post a spreadsheet with all overalls and potentials for you all to look over and give feed back on. Also I'd like to open up a "sign up sheet" of sorts for those that would like to contribute and help with the roster to get things out faster/take some of the work load off of me a bit.

If you are willing to help I could use assistance in the following categories:

• Core Player Tendencies from Slimm44's chart as seen here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=0
  • Speed Ratings from Kaanyr Vhok's Wingspan/Speed formula as seen here:
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?...P4TiTsLQej_yvM
  • Playbooks/Working plays from Slimm44 for each team as seen here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing
  • Coach Profiles
  • Free Agent Full Edits
  • Class Team Full Edits?
I'll keep you guys updated with my progress and will be checking in on this thread for any comments, inquiries or anything else. I'll post when I've finished my edits and begin on the rating/potential spreadsheet
Old 02-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #18
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Remdizzle's Updated Rosters: New Jerseys, Gear Edits, Rating Edits, The Whole 9

If these are for PS4 color me interested!
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 02-04-2014, 03:57 AM   #19
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4

I can knock out the speed edits and/or the tendencies. Whatever help needed in order to get this out as quickly as possible.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:32 AM   #20
Rookie

Hey Cam, sounds like a great project! In addition to the wingspan edits, are you intending to include the body length and shoulder width edits. If not, I think you should!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #21
Just started!

Hey nice job man. By any chance are the custom (edited) rosters able to be used in MyCareer mode? In previous years 2K13,12,11 I was able too. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2

Hey cam definitely liked your Global for the PC, I see we've taken the same route switching over to the PS4. I actually re rated basically every player in an older roster and noticed a couple things. For one, offensive stats were wayyy over powered in 12 minute sims. I think like 3 teams were below 100 ppg lol. So I decided to go back again and re rate all the defense categories, raising the average OBD,LPD, and Defensive Awareness. I still had issues with ppg in 12 minute sims. I tried 11 min quarters and the Sims came out a lot better. I'm not exactly sure why this is, I guess offensive ratings in General have to be dumbed down like you mentioned. Also HATE how you can't control CPU rotations, you're almost guaranteed to have someone way over perform just because the CPU is giving them 35 minutes a game.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 4

screw PS4....sell it ...get an XboxOne and get this roster out on that !! ....joking!

seriously though this sounds amazing !! just wish you were xbox....are there any other projects out there on xbox that are as good as this sounds??
Old 02-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #24
Rookie

catfish9-5's Arena

OVR: 6

I could do the speed edits if you like. I have been working on one for my self, but would much rather do it for this complete roster. Would not be able to do until later in the week, but shoot me a pm with your psn and I'll knock it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »