Home

1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed

This is a discussion on 1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed

I think, upon further consideration, I'm going to push ahead and finish my roster set. jaboodles, it looks like you started from my draft set and added the missing teams, but I had been following a particular formula for my ratings (not right or wrong, just my OCD at work) and I'm not sure the changes you made will go with the stuff I did the way I want it to. In particular, you've edited up the weaker teams considerably, such that the lowest ranked team in your set is above 80 overall. This kind of resembles what 2K does - I guess because they want all of the teams to viable for online play. But one of the things I was trying to accomplish was to create a realistically wide spread - in real life the best team in the NBA is much, much, much better than the worst. In my set, the worst team (Denver, who had 20 wins) will be rated under 70.

At all events, I'm going to continue with my version. I'm now up to 20 teams totally complete. I think I can finish 2 more tomorrow, 2 more on Monday, and then the remaining 6 in the next 2 weeks. One more week (or so) to get the free agent list looking right and I think this will be playable (albeit without a draft class to go with it) before the end of February.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:55 PM   #10
Rookie

@fcf250 I only claimed to have a completed roster incase people wanted to play right now. Mine was yours. I'm still patiently waiting for yours to come out! Currently I'm making draft classes, I'm up to 1998 right now. (1991, 1992, 1993, 1994. 1995, 1996, 1997 have most players done, all key players done, so any all star, all-nba, or players of note.) I wish you the best of luck in your quest for completion I'll be following along!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #11
Rookie

Actually I noticed that I didn't get my roster from your account, a 1990-91 roster popped up when I searched it. Anywho, I wish you the best of luck! I'm currently working on the draft classes and I'm hoping to be finished around the same time you are. It adds such a beautiful touch to MyLeague seeing retro players get drafted to different teams and experiencing different careers. In the several test runs I've played, it's very interesting to see how peoples game styles differ depending where they play and how injuries really do hinder the abilities of players.

The overalls for the rookies are all relatively accurate, I'm working to make some players more realistic. However I believe my faces are on point, I spent the most time on the appearences. Once I have a draft class 100% complete I would love go get testers from you guys to give me some suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2015, 10:14 AM   #12
Rookie

We could probably help each other, if you'd be interested - the CAPs you made all looked great. If you'd be willing to "donate" some of your CAPs to my roster it'd speed me up a lot (I especially need the Clippers, Kings, and Jazz, the three main teams I haven't gotten through at all yet). Let me know if you're game (and if you still have the CAPs!), and we can arrange it.

UPDATE:

I expect the entire Eastern Conference to be finished either tonight or tomorrow night; once it is, I'll post some info on each team with overalls and stuff.

Then I have to finish the West. As I said above, the Clippers, Kings, and Jazz are basically untouched right now; I also have to do some cleanup work on the Nuggets and T-Wolves. Then I'll be finishing with the Grizzlies.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:05 PM   #13
Rookie

Anything you need you can have! It's all yours
Old 02-09-2015, 07:43 PM   #14
Rookie

For some odd reason I am not able to post new threads, however i'm not too worried about the matter. If anyone would like to contact me please email me at [email protected]

Since I can't post my own thread I decided to just give you guys an update on how my draft classes are going. Up to 1999, I have completed ratings and completed faces for every significant player in the draft class. I classified significant as a player who made an All-NBA team, hall-of-famer, some sort of award winner, an all-star, or a relevant player. So for each draft class there are atleast twelve completed players to test. I have about 30 downloads for an early version of my 1991 draft class, so i'm assuming some people have gotten a chance to play around with it.

Assuming there are 60 players per draft class and 24 draft classes I need to create, that equates to 1440 stats and faces I need to create. If anyone is interested in the link to the google document where I store all the ratings and statistics please email me! All the help I can get would be great, the formulas for creating ratings are very simple. The quicker we can finish these, the more enjoyable the 90-91 roster set will be to play with.

fcf250, please email me.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #15
Rookie

@jaboodles: E-mail sent!

I've now finished the entire Eastern Conference. I ran five separate simulated seasons and averaged the results. They were... interesting. About three quarters of the Eastern teams wound up being pretty close to accurate (thank goodness!). But there were some that really were waaaaaay off. The Knicks, in particular, never won more than 30 games in 6 different sims; the Celtics, Bucks, and Hawks all were significantly worse than expected and the Cavaliers were MUCH better than expected (the Cavs won an average of 54 games in six simulations!).

Of note, Michael Jordan won the MVP in every single simulated season except for one (in that season, Jordan was injured in December and missed the rest of the year; the MVP for that season was Charles Barkley).

So I'll be working on finishing up the West - specifically, the Pelicans, Grizzlies, Jazz, Kings, and Clippers, plus some cleanup on the Nuggets, T-Wolves, and Sonics/Thunder. If I can get some CAPs to help with the Jazz, Kings, and CLippers, it'll speed things up considerably.

Almost there!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 06:40 AM   #16
Rookie

For anyone still following along here: finished the Nuggets and Sonics. About a third of the way through the Pelicans (actually the 1976-77 New Orleans Jazz, with Pete Maravich, Gail Goodrich, and a lot of 70s facial hair).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »