Home

DeMarcus Cousins and the Big Man simulation stats problem

This is a discussion on DeMarcus Cousins and the Big Man simulation stats problem within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 03:05 AM   #1
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0
DeMarcus Cousins and the Big Man simulation stats problem

So this is seemingly an issue every year in MyLeague when simming stats with big men but in particular Demarcus Cousins. It seems no matter how high his maxed out shot/touch tendency ratings he simply isn't getting the minutes and touches he should be getting to average 20-10 as he normally does. Even in different scenarios on other teams where Cousins has been on the Celtics with Horford at PF or the Lakers, he is ending up not even cracking 30mpg while not getting the touches he needs. Not sure if I have to edit coach settings or how to approach this issue. Theres other bigs like Anthony Davis who have seemingly no issue scoring the ball in sim stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: DeMarcus Cousins and the Big Man simulation stats problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
So this is seemingly an issue every year in MyLeague when simming stats with big men but in particular Demarcus Cousins. It seems no matter how high his maxed out shot/touch tendency ratings he simply isn't getting the minutes and touches he should be getting to average 20-10 as he normally does. Even in different scenarios on other teams where Cousins has been on the Celtics with Horford at PF or the Lakers, he is ending up not even cracking 30mpg while not getting the touches he needs. Not sure if I have to edit coach settings or how to approach this issue. Theres other bigs like Anthony Davis who have seemingly no issue scoring the ball in sim stats.
this has always bothered me.. he avg. 27 & 12 last year & i couldn't get him to sniff 22 ppg in a sim to save my life, while AD puts up numbers like those where in actuality he puts up numbers closer to "SIM Cousins"..
Old 10-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #3
Pro

CD90's Arena

OVR: 5

You have to edit touches/shot tendencies for every player on the kings. Not only Cousins.
Editing shot locations to what they should be will help also to get bigs more high % shots.
Also take a look at foul tendencies as they may lead to less minutes, as well a correct rotation settings.

You might want to take a look at SonicMages Sportscrunch-Database.
With his work sim stats get really close.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD90
You have to edit touches/shot tendencies for every player on the kings. Not only Cousins.
Editing shot locations to what they should be will help also to get bigs more high % shots.
Also take a look at foul tendencies as they may lead to less minutes, as well a correct rotation settings.

You might want to take a look at SonicMages Sportscrunch-Database.
With his work sim stats get really close.
Hmm alright, thanks. I'm definitely going to take a look at that but the other main issue is minutes. Even if he's on 36mpg in the rotation he averages less than 30mpg during sim and I can't quite figure it out.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:03 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Hmm alright, thanks. I'm definitely going to take a look at that but the other main issue is minutes. Even if he's on 36mpg in the rotation he averages less than 30mpg during sim and I can't quite figure it out.
Part of that issue may be the huge roster imbalance in Sacramento. If you're playing MyLEAGUE, I'd recommend jettisoning at least one or two of the centers on the roster or changing Boogie to PF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 02:15 AM   #6
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

There's something else I'm working on which will fix problems with big men. Sim stats have a huge problem with points in the paint, they are much much too low for every player. My current tendencies help but it could be made even better, with further decreases on close shot and midrange tendencies. Not sure how much impact this will have on gameplay but its crucial in order to get sim stats right.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 10-21-2016, 02:18 AM   #7
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Fouls play a big part in that. Lower his foul tendency and watch his minutes go up. I'm still working that range out for foul tendencies but right now I have Cousins at 70.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 10-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #8
Rookie

Demarcus Cousins fouls out a lot, also contributing to his low PPG when simming is he doesn't get to the FT line enough. No player does though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »