Home

NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 02:48 AM   #833
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

I've got every team besides the Knicks set on Auto in the myleague automation and it's still making me make decisions for the other teams that I set on Auto... anybody having this issue? Any fixes because I'd rather not leave the CPU to their own devices because they can't set lineups worth a crap and I'd like to at least have the option to fix it...
Old 03-21-2018, 03:25 AM   #834
Rookie

Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclazaris84
for the last couple of years, i've found it unfortunately necessary to play as an off ball big man. the interior defensive collapsing is god awful - bigs just stand there clueless while the opposing players drive straight in. ive tried 'leave him'', the help d sliders, def awareness - all amount to nothing. nothing left to do but do it manually, ugh.
Check this out. I’ve been using his defensive settings for years and it’s made a huge difference in gameplay.

https://youtu.be/sDpNxgbx87E

ACE has to be turned off for these to actually be effective otherwise the CPU will make adjustments for you.

Also the “stay attached” option is outdated in this video, change it to yes (all).
Old 03-21-2018, 09:15 AM   #835
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsman92
I've got every team besides the Knicks set on Auto in the myleague automation and it's still making me make decisions for the other teams that I set on Auto... anybody having this issue? Any fixes because I'd rather not leave the CPU to their own devices because they can't set lineups worth a crap and I'd like to at least have the option to fix it...
Yes - set every team to manual on Roster Management Before Games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #836
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Yes - set every team to manual on Roster Management Before Games
Except I'm the one that is being prompted to take care of the 10 day contracts of every team that I'm not controlling even if I set everything to auto for every team I don't want to control... I even simmed to the draft and it was asking ME to take care of retaining rights for every team even when I set roster management to auto when I'm not playing games... 30 team control is heavily flawed because I'm still having to do tasks like setting scouting and deal with contracts for every team when I don't want to... only way to stop those prompts is to turn of control completely for every team that I don't want to control which presents a whole new set of issues in itself...

Hell while we are talking about other problems timeouts are STILL not called unless the cpu is being blown out... I'm having to manually call timeouts for the CPU to get subs in... with all the good that Simworld did with this roster there are still a lot of glaring issues with the game that takes away the immersion for me... We need one more patch to fix these issues but that's probably not gonna happen at this point with them looking forward to the E-League and 2k19
Old 03-21-2018, 11:14 AM   #837
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

The TO thing is a bit weird. When I have done play today games the CPU seems to call a lot more TOs. Maybe a franchise thing. Bummer non the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #838
MVP

pimpinpidgeon8's Arena

OVR: 10

Is auto-fixing lineups and rotations the best way to go about it with this roster? This is my first full year using this and it's amazing but I'm seeing the likes of Kuzma starting over Randle and even Noel starting for the Mavs.

Am I just being to OCD or what is everyone else doing? Like should I just sim and just do everything on that given date and just keep plugging along? Any advice would be superb.

I'm simming game by game to get the real life results but I'm going as far as checking each box score and adjusting minutes for that given game. It's a pain and I'm not sure if it's needed.

Like I said, any advice in regards to the best way to fully enjoy this roster set is appreciated.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #839
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
This is what I do also. Control the player who last touched the ball on offense. This is a great fun. Sometimes I’m locking down the paint as Gobert and other times I’m chasing shooters through offball screens with Mitchell or Rubio.

Playing this way also forces me to get familier with all the opponents players. Who can I help of off and who can’t I leave open in the corner.
Thank you for sharing your approach. I played my last game using this philosophy, and I really enjoyed the experience.

I will stick to playing this way defensively.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:50 PM   #840
MVP

Guys I know that you're enjoying playing this masterpiece but if someone could slowly input data in the doc it would be greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »