Home

NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 08:46 PM   #881
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Ronyell- Is there any fundamental difference between the “play now” and “my league” roster, besides the fact the myleague roster is optimized for your chronological player trades/injuries scenario.

I used the “play now” roster for my myleague because I wanted to have the current rosters, but start from the beginning and let the franchise play out organically.

I let the CPU reset all of the lineups at the start of the season. Is this an acceptable way of running a myleague if I want it to play out in this manner? I just want to make sure nothing was changed from a fundamental/logic standpoint.

Thanks!!
Dame exact file other than roster construction. Your method is fine if preferred.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #882
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Thank you.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #883
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
I was told in another thread that you can load them in right up to the actual draft - haven’t tried myself though.
BE WARY however because then the players ages are all messed up and every prospect will likely be a year younger than anticipated
Old 03-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #884
Pro

Simworld, was just testing some MyLeague stuff and noticed that I am 5 years in (2022-23 season) and it kind of seems like the stars do not fall off the radar like at all.

The top 8 guys are

KD - 32 years - 95
Leonard - 30 years - 91
Steph - 33 years - 91
AD - 28 years - 90
Harden - 31 years - 89
Westrbook - 32 years - 89
Derozan - 32 years - 88
PG13 - 31 years - 88

Obviously there is no real influx of guys as I have not been putting in classes properly but it seems like old guys are not regressing very much if at all, and the current young dudes are not progressing very much (Embiid, Simmons, Mitchell, etc.)

Have you noticed this?
Old 03-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #885
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Simworld, was just testing some MyLeague stuff and noticed that I am 5 years in (2022-23 season) and it kind of seems like the stars do not fall off the radar like at all.

The top 8 guys are

KD - 32 years - 95
Leonard - 30 years - 91
Steph - 33 years - 91
AD - 28 years - 90
Harden - 31 years - 89
Westrbook - 32 years - 89
Derozan - 32 years - 88
PG13 - 31 years - 88

Obviously there is no real influx of guys as I have not been putting in classes properly but it seems like old guys are not regressing very much if at all, and the current young dudes are not progressing very much (Embiid, Simmons, Mitchell, etc.)

Have you noticed this?
Outside of the KD rating nothing there seems wrong, just consider that Bron is 33 now and is still one of the best 3 players in the league , 34 or 35 is where a drop off in production for a superstar usually occurs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #886
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
Outside of the KD rating nothing there seems wrong, just consider that Bron is 33 now and is still one of the best 3 players in the league , 34 or 35 is where a drop off in production for a superstar usually occurs
This is wrong. Look at the current roster and the ages of the 90 OVR guys. A player generally drops off about age 28 (LBJ is an ABSOLUTE anomaly)
Old 03-25-2018, 11:05 PM   #887
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
This is wrong. Look at the current roster and the ages of the 90 OVR guys. A player generally drops off about age 28 (LBJ is an ABSOLUTE anomaly)
Are you talking about in video games or in real life? Cause if your talking about IRL a players prime is usually from 27 to 32 when their athleticism starts to decline their IQ makes up for it, Lebron's anomaly is that even though he doesn't have the athleticism of his first 5 years he's still a upper echelon athlete with the highest IQ on the floor... but then again it's just overall ratings which seem to really make folks a bit nuts lol
Old 03-25-2018, 11:20 PM   #888
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
Are you talking about in video games or in real life? Cause if your talking about IRL a players prime is usually from 27 to 32 when their athleticism starts to decline their IQ makes up for it, Lebron's anomaly is that even though he doesn't have the athleticism of his first 5 years he's still a upper echelon athlete with the highest IQ on the floor... but then again it's just overall ratings which seem to really make folks a bit nuts lol
Nah IRL.

You very rarely see players making superstar impact at 30+ years of age.

Who are the top 5-10 NBA players? Lebron, steph, Harden, KD, Anthony Davis, etc. Outside LBJ (and maybe CP3) guys are peaking in that 27-29 range, and then falling off in their late 20s and 30s. It’s a young mans league.

My main concern here is the young guys not developing. I imagine in 5 years real time guys like Gianni’s, Embiid, Towns, Tatum will be the stars but in the SW universe guys like that don’t even develop.

I’m sure there’s a legit reason I just would like to pick your minds a bit

https://www.basketball-reference.com...ards_2013.html Here’s MVP voting 5 years ago... half those it’s arent even in the league anymore

Last edited by YogurtProducer; 03-25-2018 at 11:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »