Home

NBA 2k18 Ultimate Draft Classes (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Ultimate Draft Classes (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Ultimate Draft Classes (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liorash7
Okay, thanks for the reply!

Waiting for the September 30th to see the NBA 2018 draft class final result!

Again, thanks for the effort!

P.S the NBA draft expert has a website or something? Just for my personal interest, love following after NBA prospects websites since 2010...
Yes, his website is sportsgamingrosters.com
Old 09-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Hi nationalbballa, I'm a huge fan of draft classes, one of my favorite experiences was playing myLeague in 2025-2030 with 4-5 realistic draft classes to the save and it was an amazing experience.

Therefore, I have few questions about the draft classes, but first, I must thank you for your effort, what you're doing is not obvious and me and several 2K players are appreciative to what your community has done. Without further ado, my questions are:

1. Players faces- I've checked the 2018 draft class and IMO some of the players look alike their real life apperance and some of them are not. Now I know that if I put it mildly, the new CAP system is really bad. Your leeway on creating ressembling appearances is limited to almost unexisted. But still, maybe some of the players can have some tweeks to their apperances:
Michael Porter Jr- Looks too pretty, yes yes he should be more uglier, the eyes needs to be more deep in the sockets(if you know what I mean?). Haircut looks alike.
Trae Young- Looks like a mexican with mustache and blue eyes. His haircut is not way is like receding afro, yep that dude is 18 and has receding hair. **** happens.
Marvin Bagley III, DeAndre Ayton for example look to the point! Excellent job!
My question is if you'll iterate the draft class before the final version and that includes chaning facial features?

2. Players potenial- now that is ONLY my opinion, I know I wayyyy too optimistic, but nonetheless I'll say it. IMO, the potentials of the players are a little bit low. For example, the NBA comparison of DeAndre Ayton in NBADraft(an excellent website for learning about prospects) is David Robinson! In your draft class, his potenital is only 87. IMO, players like Michael Porter Jr and Marvin Bagley III should get a potenital of 93-94 at least.
Now, the simulation of NBA 2K is smart. Potenial doesn't mean the players will reach that overall. It means that ultimately, if the players is drafted, traded or signed by the ideal team for him(with the ideal system) the ideal teamates(ideal team chemistry), the ideal conract and the ideal minute playing, the player probably will reach his maximum potenital. It is not guaranteed. Meaning if I create a rookie with 99 potenital, he can only reach ovreall of 90-91 and maybe even less if he's injured and doesn't and playing time!
For example, here is my given potenital for some NBA prospects in NBA 2K17(and again, I exggerated because I had meant to be way too optimisic but still):
Zion Williamson- 97-98.
Scottie Lewis- 99(yep I wanted him to be the GOAT).
Marvin Bagley III- 97.
RJ Barrett- 96-97.
DeAndre Ayton- 97-98.
For players currently in the NBA:
Joel Embiid- 99(IMO in ideal career where everything goes ultimatly good for him, the sky is the limit for him!).
Kristaps Porzingis- 99(like Embiid).
Andrew Wiggins- 98-99(He reminds me of T-MAC, and again if everthing ultimatley everthing goes ideal for him the sky is the limit for him).
Anthoy Davis- 99(Has the tools IMO again in ultimately good career to become the best PF E-V-E-R).
Karl Anthony Towns- 98(Has the tools to become one of the greatest centers of our generation).

Of course I gave the best examples, not everyone deserve that potenital. For example my feeling is Zion Williamson is an athelthic Julius Randle, but because of the hype I gave that huge potenial :P . Seriously it was so fun to play with him with dunking on people and reach easily with vertical lips to the rim.
But you get my point. Of course even in my myLeage simulation none of them reached that potenital, because potenital is just potenital and it doesn't mean the real overall of the prospect in the climate of his career.
And just for mentioning, did anybody has expected that Kawhi Leonard will be a 95 overall and James Harden will be a 96 overall?! That is why I letting myself to go a little bit crazy with potenital.
TL;DR you should raise a little bit some of prospects potenial.

3. Some of european players going to still play overseas after being drafted. Are you going to apply this clause on some of the players in the draft classes? Because I didn't notice that.

4. Why not create the 2022 draft classes? It's wayyyy too early but it would be awesome to play with Emoni Bates. Even with kids of LeBron and D-Wade(Bronnie James and Zaire Wade).

Thanks for your effort nonetheless,
Lio
If you would like to help on a project please contact me on twitter @nationalbballa3
Old 09-22-2017, 10:49 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalbballa
If you would like to help on a project please contact me on twitter @nationalbballa3
I don't have twitter, but I would like to help with the project. Just sayin'n my analytic skills are pretty low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
I don't have twitter, but I would like to help with the project. Just sayin'n my analytic skills are pretty low.
Email me at [email protected]
Old 09-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #13
Rookie

Any good roster to pair this with?
Old 09-24-2017, 06:27 PM   #14
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

Appreciate all the work ya'll are putting in for these draft classes!
Old 09-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
Any good roster to pair this with?
We will have one for you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 02:58 PM   #16
Rookie

kriegz's Arena

OVR: 2

I know this draft class isn't 100% complete yet, but your progress looks amazing! Great work by you and your team. I've never seen a class with the sheer number of prospects you guys have added into this one. Can't wait to see the finished product!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »