Home

Indoor Gyms in MyLEAGUE

This is a discussion on Indoor Gyms in MyLEAGUE within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2018, 05:21 PM   #17
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Indoor Gyms in MyLEAGUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
Interesting, I think you’re definitely onto something.

What can I search to find your PC designs? I want to take a look and see what happens when I download it. Maybe get an idea of what’s happening and what could be done to get this working.
my steam name is: da infamous ny

not sure if youre going to find it via keyword but look through the recent uploads.

this is the court i uploaded.

this is how it will look on the ps4

Old 04-18-2018, 05:25 PM   #18
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
So, are you guys saying 2K might be working on getting PC rebrands onto consoles???
not really, they just share the same database in terms of team designs for myleague etc.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #19
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

mods are hosted in a folder inside your nba 2k18 installation. so for example, this specific mod is me renaming that gym i uploaded as one of the 13 arenas you get to choose from when creating a team arena and putting that file in my modded folder. Without that file in my modded folder this wouldnt work or show up as that custom gym and this is why im confused as to how this guy transferred it to consoles.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #20
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
mods are hosted in a folder inside your nba 2k18 installation. so for example, this specific mod is me renaming that gym i uploaded as one of the 13 arenas you get to choose from when creating a team arena and putting that file in my modded folder. Without that file in my modded folder this wouldnt work or show up as that custom gym and this is why im confused as to how this guy transferred it to consoles.

That’s what I was going to propose you do. But damn, if that doesn’t work then what will? What if you were to change an NBA team’s arena to that custom arena then upload it? Just a thought.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:30 PM   #21
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Indoor Gyms in MyLEAGUE

Quote:

Just thought of something:

If you change the ID of your custom arena to that of an in-game arena, then the console version will read it as the ID of the in-game arena. Therefore when you download it on console it will reference the ID of the in-game arena and not the custom arena. That means that you need to find the ID of the arena you’re trying to add to the game, and change a team’s arena ID to that specific arena. It will then reference that arena in the console version of the game. Then it will appear on consoles!

Only thing is I don’t own the PC version of the game, so I don’t know how you would go about doing that...I think there is a trainer you can do it with. There’s also that Chinese modding tool or whatever it is. I unfortunately don’t have a gaming PC so

Last edited by EZMADDEN; 04-18-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #22
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

Quote:
Just thought of something:

If you change the ID of your custom arena to that of an in-game arena, then the console version will read it as the ID of the in-game arena. Therefore when you download it on console it will reference the ID of the in-game arena and not the custom arena. That means that you need to find the ID of the arena you’re trying to add to the game, and change a team’s arena ID to that specific arena. It will then reference that arena in the console version of the game. Then it will appear on consoles!

Only thing is I don’t own the PC version of the game, so I don’t know how you would go about doing that...I think there is a trainer you can do it with. There’s also that Chinese modding tool or whatever it is. I unfortunately don’t have a gaming PC so
tried that, i uploaded it on my account but it still changes to a regular arena when i download it on the ps4.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #23
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Indoor Gyms in MyLEAGUE

Quote:
tried that, i uploaded it on my account but it still changes to a regular arena when i download it on the ps4.

Damn...

So I’m not exactly sure how the process went when you did it. So I’m just going to kind of go step by step with what I mean. I’m also going to use the blacktop court as the example for our modded arena.

- find the blacktop court in the base game files and take down it’s file name and also the arena ID (wherever you would find that).

- then go to an NBA team and change their arena from their default arena to the blacktop court making sure that you’re using the exact same name or ID as the blacktop court would have in the base game (once again, however you do that).

- then after that upload it to 2K share

That’s what I meant. I’m not sure if that’s what you tried or not, so sorry if I’m just repeating the steps you’ve already taken. Just want to make sure everything I said was clear lol.

I just know that somewhere in the game’s code, there is a place where 2K references the game files. So you just need to change the file that’s being referenced. Do not change the file name of the court you want to mod in. As that will not work on console.

Last edited by EZMADDEN; 04-18-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:38 PM   #24
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

Quote:
Damn...

So I’m not exactly sure how the process went when you did it. So I’m just going to kind of go step by step with what I mean. I’m also going to use the blacktop court as the example for our modded arena.

- find the blacktop court in the base game files and take down it’s file name and also the arena ID (wherever you would find that).

- then go to an NBA team and change their arena from their default arena to the blacktop court making sure that you’re using the exact same name or ID as the blacktop court would have in the base game (once again, however you do that).

- then after that upload it to 2K share

That’s what I meant. I’m not sure if that’s what you tried or not, so sorry if I’m just repeating the steps you’ve already taken. Just want to make sure everything I said was clear lol.

I just know that somewhere in the game’s code, there is a place where 2K references the game files. So you just need to change the file that’s being referenced. Do not change the file name of the court you want to mod in. As that will not work on console.
yeah i renamed the blacktop arena to be the sixers arena, uploaded it and it still didnt work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »