Home

PS4 From the Ashes: Tim's Fictional Nba 2k19 Roster

This is a discussion on PS4 From the Ashes: Tim's Fictional Nba 2k19 Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Help Shape the Fictional League
A few Super Teams 3 50.00%
Parody League 2 33.33%
Returning Players from previous years 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2019, 07:45 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PS4 From the Ashes: Tim's Fictional Nba 2k19 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndIsNear4All
Hey man, just wanna say that these rosters are AWESOME! I just started an expansion Myleague with them, and with 36 fictional teams. I find it pretty cool to have an entirely fictional league to play, and have completely new storylines. It gives the game, and professional basketball a breath of fresh air! Thanks for all the work!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Thanks dude... it took months for me to finish this. I have been making fictional rosters since 2k10, but it originally was for me and my younger brother. I found that I could never enjoy real life games because I was obsessed with the real players sigs, tendencies, attributes etc. Also, I was sick of seeing my hero's get into trouble or just prove to be bad people that I couldn't cheer for anymore.

Thus, the roster was born and I have released it each year, every year. Except for last years 2k18 (crappy player creator). It's the only way I play the game and havent actually played a single game this year with the base roster.

Please stick around for my DRAFT CLASSES.
Year 1: International Explosion
Year 2: New Era of the Big Man
Year 3: Changing of the "Guard"

The first class should be release very soon.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #138
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoalure
Dude, I love the way you play My League and really enjoy your YouTube series. It's very encouraging to see you and others enjoying the roster. I am finalizing my first draft class and after running some test, I will release it. This is my first ever draft class, so I wanna test it and make sure it's on the level of my rosters.

Once completed, the other ones should be easier to implement.

Glad to hear it. Thank you! It’s great to show off the players you created.

Looking forward to the classes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 06-06-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #139
Rookie

The 1st Draft Class is complete and uploaded. The theme is "International Invasion." Keep in mind that my roster is sim specific but what I imagine in my own head about what I want. Therefore, sometimes the DC may not be exactly what you would see on tv. However, there are plenty of college players in the draft and detail is given to each.

*THE DONNY DIFFERENCE ... FRESH CAKES*

1. Detail - Every Player is made from scratch. Each face, body, height, weight is done by me.

2. Player ID - All names, college, country, plays, personality is edited specifically for each player.

3. Meat and Bones - All ratings, tendencies, potential are edited. (You will not see PG's with 90 Strength or Centers with 95 Vertical and 90 speed. Not on my roster.

4. Sigs Matter - each player has there own sigs. There FREE THROW will complement there JUMP SHOT . If they are a big, they do not dribble like Iverson and Curry. It is edited with realism in mind. That way unique players actually play different than others.

5. Potential and Prime Years - every players potential is meant to be unique. Each player has a window of time to reach it. Some take longer to develop exp. Raw Prospet Centers, some reach their prime sooner and start to lose their prime in the late 20's to 30. You will not see a player with a potential of 99 and a Prime Year Window of 19 - 38. That's dumb and unrealistic.

SMALL SAMPLE OF RULES TO HOW I SET UP MY DC AND PLAYER TYPE BLUEPRINTS:

* Clear out every player to 25 RATING... then pick 65 and up the players to 60 rating

* Top 5 Rating *72 - 79
* Lottery Picks 6 to 12 * 68 - 72
* Pics 13 - 20 Rating *63 - 67
* Pics 22 -30 Rating *58 - 62
* 2nd Round Pics 31 - 60 Ratings *50 - 57

*** Potential ***
Top Pics can have B+ to A+ Potential
Lottery Pics C+ to B+ ** Mostly Low B
13 to 30 Pics C- to B ** Mostly C
2nd Round D to C- ** Mostly D or D+

* Freak athletes can have higher potential and low fundamentals

C Speed/Quickness 25 to 40
PF Speed/Quickness 35 to 50
SF Speed/Quickness 55 to 70
SG Speed/Quickness 70 to 85
PG Speed/Quickness 75 to 99

PG Strength/Post 25 to 45
SG Strength/Post 35 to 55
SF Strength/Post 45 to 70
PF Strength/Post 60 to 85
C Strength/Post 65 to 99

PG Boxout/Rebounds 25 to 55
SG Boxout/Rebounds 35 to 65
SF Boxout/Rebounds 45 to 75
PF Boxout/Rebounds 55 to 85
C Boxout/Rebounds 60 to 99

ALL BADGES RESET TO ZERO and edited per player.

I simmed 3 years in advance multiple times and the players are about what I was wanting. I could not Euro Stash the foreign guys because it was crashing the My League.

DC is titled TimsFictionalDraftYear1

There will be a complete rundown later this week, once my girlfriend allows some game time.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:48 PM   #140
Rookie

TheEndIsNear4All's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoalure
Thanks dude... it took months for me to finish this. I have been making fictional rosters since 2k10, but it originally was for me and my younger brother. I found that I could never enjoy real life games because I was obsessed with the real players sigs, tendencies, attributes etc. Also, I was sick of seeing my hero's get into trouble or just prove to be bad people that I couldn't cheer for anymore.

Thus, the roster was born and I have released it each year, every year. Except for last years 2k18 (crappy player creator). It's the only way I play the game and havent actually played a single game this year with the base roster.

Please stick around for my DRAFT CLASSES.
Year 1: International Explosion
Year 2: New Era of the Big Man
Year 3: Changing of the "Guard"

The first class should be release very soon.
No problem man. Yeah, these are pretty dam cool to play with. And wow, that is a lot of work to put in, but I sure am grateful for it. Only a day of playing with this and I can tell it will hold me over until next season lol. I also love the fact that now I can just enjoy the game without freaking out because a Lillard type player only scores 11 points with 3 assists in back to back games haha! They're so in depth it's pretty amazing. I'll have to post some pictures of the MyLeague I started with it as well. Took a little bit to relocate and set up 36 new teams but I already know it was nowhere near how long it must have taken for the actual players haha. So the draft classes will be perfect too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheEndIsNear4All; 06-06-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:33 PM   #141
Rookie

theFakePhilSwift's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh my goodness, this is great. Do you think bigdougswan’s draft classes would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2019, 11:39 PM   #142
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

In case you guys have already started your myleague and want to use this draft class for your upcoming draft in the current season, you can load it midyear.

Go to scouting then to prospects and when the list of players pops up, select the top player and hit X (on the PS4) and a menu will open up that will let you import it.

One other thing that I would suggest is to just import the class without looking at the ratings outside the myleague. This will add some mystery to the draft class as well.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 06-06-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:30 AM   #143
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFakePhilSwift
Oh my goodness, this is great. Do you think bigdougswan’s draft classes would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
His classes are really good. The only difference is that we have a stark contrast in our player tendency philosophy. So, it's a good very good Draft Class with a lot of hard work, but will introduce a different play style to my roster. However, the more the merrier.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:50 AM   #144
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3

First of all, major props to Leo. I will probably keep this game for a while because this roster is so good!

I play 30 team control, playing 1 game a week with different teams. That way, I feel like I get a league wide experience. It takes me 29 games played to complete a regular season. I still haven’t figured out how to get through the playoffs. Usually, I just Sim and play the finals. Home team, away team, & then do a coin flip if it goes to game 7. Currently, I’m in Game 2 of the Finals (year 1). I do a fantasy draft to create my own teams. It kind of helps me remember who is on each team better since I drafted them there. The finals matchup is Cavs vs. Lakers. Cavs (me) won game1 behind a huge game from PG Theo Knight. He is Freaky Fast!

Looking forward to these draft classes! I have been using BigDougSwan’s classes. They are great, but I’ve yet to play with them and see how they mess with this roster.

For those of you who use fictional teams, do you mind to share some of your City/Mascot choices for rebranding? I struggle with that lol but I’d like the total fictional experience. I like my team names to sound as real as possible. Not necessarily into Minor League baseball humorous type names.

Also, for the poster who mentioned 36 teams.....how did that work? I thought I tried it once & it glitched bc there weren’t enough players/Free Agents, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »