Home

2K19: Return of The Sim Roster

This is a discussion on 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2018, 04:56 AM   #9
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Would you possibly be able to post your playbooks for each team when you finish them. I'd really like to use them in my personal roster
No problem. I’ll create a doc online with Playbooks and Play Types once the first roster is posted. You should also check with Vann and get some of his knowledge in there on sets that some coaches are running. I’m mostly focused on removing busted play designs and setting up stars in their ideal locations (high p&r, right side play initiation for lefties, top of the key face ups for bigs who pass, etc) in this first release.

I’m going team-by-team so expect to see only 4-6 teams in the first one with updates every couple weeks for new teams. Docs will be linked in the OP.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:01 AM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
The only way to change that would be to remove guard posts up from their play types.
That’s it. Isolation and Guard Post Up are removed entirely from my roster unless 2K fixes the issue.

It’s really a shame that Czar/OG have so many actual NBA concepts in here that the AI can’t use correctly. I’m considering using Post Up High as the Guard Post Up replacement for certain players (Shaun Livingston for example) but need to make sure it doesn’t result in too many post ISO’s.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:31 AM   #11
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
That’s it. Isolation and Guard Post Up are removed entirely from my roster unless 2K fixes the issue.

It’s really a shame that Czar/OG have so many actual NBA concepts in here that the AI can’t use correctly. I’m considering using Post Up High as the Guard Post Up replacement for certain players (Shaun Livingston for example) but need to make sure it doesn’t result in too many post ISO’s.
I don't mind it for a guy like Livingston because it's his go-to.

Lebron likes to post so I left it in there for him. He posted up the first 4 plays of the game. That's not right. I thought it was maybe because I had Wes Matthews on him so they perceieved a mismatch. So I restarted the game with Harrison Barnes on him. Nup, still the same.

Im going to leave his post up tendency up reasonable high because the AI does go to the post on mismatches off switches. This might work as a bandaid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Lebron likes to post so I left it in there for him. He posted up the first 4 plays of the game. That's not right. I thought it was maybe because I had Wes Matthews on him so they perceieved a mismatch. So I restarted the game with Harrison Barnes on him. Nup, still the same.

Im going to leave his post up tendency up reasonable high because the AI does go to the post on mismatches off switches. This might work as a bandaid.
Dirk- I think this may be a bug. The persistant guard post-ups, particularly in the first quarter, happen with the Warriors as well. (Durant and Klay)
Old 10-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #13
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Dirk- I think this may be a bug. The persistant guard post-ups, particularly in the first quarter, happen with the Warriors as well. (Durant and Klay)
I'm not seeing it with the Warriors on my roster. It's clearly a bug/issue, but can be prevented based on testing.

What Play Types do you have assigned for Klay and what is your Run Plays coaching slider set to?
Old 10-07-2018, 09:43 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
I'm not seeing it with the Warriors on my roster. It's clearly a bug/issue, but can be prevented based on testing.

What Play Types do you have assigned for Klay and what is your Run Plays coaching slider set to?
Default roster, default all-star sliders (with a few changes to the movement sliders)
Old 10-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:

Dirk- are you still using 80 (max) / 20 (min) for your movement sliders?

I’m using 80/20, acceleration- 65, speed- 57, and lateral quickness- 45.

Global game speed- 50

Feels pretty good to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #16
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
No problem. I’ll create a doc online with Playbooks and Play Types once the first roster is posted. You should also check with Vann and get some of his knowledge in there on sets that some coaches are running. I’m mostly focused on removing busted play designs and setting up stars in their ideal locations (high p&r, right side play initiation for lefties, top of the key face ups for bigs who pass, etc) in this first release.

I’m going team-by-team so expect to see only 4-6 teams in the first one with updates every couple weeks for new teams. Docs will be linked in the OP.
Thanks a lot. This will be extremely helpful

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »