Home

2K19: Return of The Sim Roster

This is a discussion on 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #329
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaamst
Yak, do you know if the players have a tendency slider that determines how often they cut to basket? And I’m not talking about in transition. I know plays and series can get you this, but what about when you’re in freelance mode, how can I get more off-ball cuts?

And, in CPU/USER SLIDERS, does the slider called «backdoor cuts» have any effect? I noticed you have it on 30 in your sliders that go with this roster.

Trying to replicate Denver Nuggets IRL, that’s why I’m asking. Your work is deeply appreciated btw, made the game a lot more fun for me, so thanks.
From Da Czar:

I just checked and what we did was if you never want a guy to cut to the basket you need to make his spot-up shot three tendency 75 or greater.

If you want him to cut to the basket every-time that number needs to be 25 or below. Then split the range for options like 50/50 etc.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=104

Plus, as was mentioned, the Backdoor Cuts slider affects this as well.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:55 AM   #330
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
From Da Czar:

I just checked and what we did was if you never want a guy to cut to the basket you need to make his spot-up shot three tendency 75 or greater.

If you want him to cut to the basket every-time that number needs to be 25 or below. Then split the range for options like 50/50 etc.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=104

Plus, as was mentioned, the Backdoor Cuts slider affects this as well.
75 is a high threshold and you’ll see guys with low Spot Up ruining spacing in Freelance by rim running with default Backdoor Cuts at 50.

There’s no IQ component to recreate someone like a John Wall that rarely shoots spot up 3’s and also stands idle off-ball on most plays where he isn’t the primary creator. The set play logic has a more consistent result for me, but it’s tied to the coach and less on the player.

We got a Spot/Cut tendency for transition that works well. I’m hoping they expand that into the logic for off-ball in the halfcourt if it’s not already used.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:50 PM   #331
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I’ll update the v0.3 file again once we get missing players edited and playbooks completed for all teams. There’s not enough time to release both Play Now v1 & MyLeague ready files so I’d recommend the final v0.3 file (not sure on exact date yet) for anyone who wants to run Play Now with accurate rosters as of the trade deadline. MyLeague edits will be done under the SimWorld project.
I havent checked in here in a while. Wanted to make sure I understand, so your still working on releasing a play now 1.0 version of your roster, or is the roster you've been working now part of the Simworld roster My League release?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #332
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I havent checked in here in a while. Wanted to make sure I understand, so your still working on releasing a play now 1.0 version of your roster, or is the roster you've been working now part of the Simworld roster My League release?
SimWorld MyLeague roster. After we finish that roster and draft classes release, then I’ll think about an updated Play Now version with updated transactions. I doubt many people need that version ASAP since everyone seems to be waiting to start a MyLeague but we’ll see. I’m def more interested in getting a MyLeague/MyGM experience than Play Now.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #333
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
SimWorld MyLeague roster. After we finish that roster and draft classes release, then I’ll think about an updated Play Now version with updated transactions. I doubt many people need that version ASAP since everyone seems to be waiting to start a MyLeague but we’ll see. I’m def more interested in getting a MyLeague/MyGM experience than Play Now.
I agree with you

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-01-2019, 11:16 PM   #334
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 2K19: Return of The Sim Roster (X1)

Question for you YAK since your kind of an expert on tendencies and other areas. Is there a tendency or setting you can adjust to have big men who don't dribble the ball much such as Gobert, Boban etc. pass upcourt after a rebound instead of dribbling all the way to the other side of the court before they pass it? That is so annoying and kills any fast break attempt a lot of the time

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-02-2019, 07:24 AM   #335
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCAROLINAKID
Question for you YAK since your kind of an expert on tendencies and other areas. Is there a tendency or setting you can adjust to have big men who don't dribble the ball much such as Gobert, Boban etc. pass upcourt after a rebound instead of dribbling all the way to the other side of the court before they pass it?
Mostly determined by their Ball Handling attribute combined with Speed W/ Ball & Acceleration. 2K defaults are high across the board and results in most bigs running the floor after rebounds.

I experimented with giving all bigs the Break Starter Badge so they would look to pass off rebounds, but it didn’t work as well as adjusting the attribute scales down for Speed/Acceleration.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #336
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Mostly determined by their Ball Handling attribute combined with Speed W/ Ball & Acceleration. 2K defaults are high across the board and results in most bigs running the floor after rebounds.

I experimented with giving all bigs the Break Starter Badge so they would look to pass off rebounds, but it didn’t work as well as adjusting the attribute scales down for Speed/Acceleration.
Ok gotcha. Are your ball handling atts on your current roster on 2k share accurate? If so I may just add them to my personal roster

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »