Home

Classic Roster: 2007-2008 Roster Complete

This is a discussion on Classic Roster: 2007-2008 Roster Complete within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #17
Rookie

J.R. Spliff's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Classic Roster: 2007-2008 Roster Complete

Amazing work as always. Played the heck out of your 2000/2001 roster last year, simmed and played multiple years with my bro, 30-team control.

Some feedback / questions, from my experience with your last roster and one sim I ran through some hours ago.
- The free agents are updated as well, right? Saw signings of young Shawn Livingston and Anthony Tolliver. Amazing depth in your roster as always.
- Do you plan on further updating the playbooks? I saw some of them with 20-something plays, and also not having plays for every play type (f.e. Rockets with no deep post-ups, despite having Yao Ming on the roster)
- Also, is it planned to change the badges? As every year and especially this year, the badges are ruining in game sim-stats. F.e. Kobe Bryant had like 58% FG.
- How does it come that the top players keep their 90-something ratings? Just curious, because I know for a fact that you lowered them in your 00-01 roster.
- Before I start my own league, I edit most of the FA coaches to not have such good ratings and add some which were in the league prior or at a later date than the roster. If you want too, I can help you with that.

I know that you had the playbooks and sim-stats covered in your roster for 2k19. Excited to play my league with your roster for multiple seasons with load-in drafts!
Old 10-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #18
MVP

Clutch0z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Spliff
Amazing work as always. Played the heck out of your 2000/2001 roster last year, simmed and played multiple years with my bro, 30-team control.

Some feedback / questions, from my experience with your last roster and one sim I ran through some hours ago.
- The free agents are updated as well, right? Saw signings of young Shawn Livingston and Anthony Tolliver. Amazing depth in your roster as always.
- Do you plan on further updating the playbooks? I saw some of them with 20-something plays, and also not having plays for every play type (f.e. Rockets with no deep post-ups, despite having Yao Ming on the roster)
- Also, is it planned to change the badges? As every year and especially this year, the badges are ruining in game sim-stats. F.e. Kobe Bryant had like 58% FG.
- How does it come that the top players keep their 90-something ratings? Just curious, because I know for a fact that you lowered them in your 00-01 roster.
- Before I start my own league, I edit most of the FA coaches to not have such good ratings and add some which were in the league prior or at a later date than the roster. If you want too, I can help you with that.

I know that you had the playbooks and sim-stats covered in your roster for 2k19. Excited to play my league with your roster for multiple seasons with load-in drafts!
Thanks glad you enjoy the rosters bro....

For the plays atm i did not dive deep into them atm kuz i was/am still busy making players for the roster and now the draft classes...The reason they dont do post ups prolly kuz i put the playbook as the Rockets now...
so i will deff have to touch up on this when i am done the draft classes

The badges are somewhat needed this year for your players to even be able to do stuff they would be able to do on the real court....I mean gameplay wise...For example if you took off any dribble badges kobe has or quick release badge...He would basically not be able to do dribble moves at all and have a really slow jumpshot....so i tried to put badges on players to make the gameplay realistic...

For the player ratings in my last year roster i tested it out to have the top guys at a lower rating so they could progress into 90 ratings as time goes...Which worked well...But i figured since they have a option in the my league settings to play with the progressions i wanted to rate them like they would really be rated as if NBA 2K8 Just came out...

Tbh the way i rated them this year is also strategic ....For example i have very limited players who are 90 + ...this is so the guys who are rated in the 90s are that much better than the rest...really good players like Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Shawn Marion, Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas are around 85 , 84, 83 overalls...Off the top of my head the top players are...

Kobe Bryant 97
Tim Duncan 96
LeBron James 96
Dwyane Wade 95
Paul Pierce 95
Kevin Garnett 94
Carmelo Anthony 93
Dwight Howard 93
Dirk Nowitzki 93
Pau Gasol 92
Amare Stoudamire 92
Chris Paul 91
Chris Bosh 90
Allen Iverson 90
Tracy McGrady 90
Yao Ming 90
Tony Parker 90
Ray Allen 90

These are the guys with 90 overalls

you have guys like Nash, Billups Carter who are high 80 close to 90 cause of their age ...

I based all the ratings off stats from the year

And sure if you wanted to help with the coaches let me know

Last edited by Clutch0z; 10-11-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:12 PM   #19
MVP

Clutch0z's Arena

*UPDATE*

I got done about 30 of the players for the 2008 draft class ...its really coming together nicely ....

Also a little cool thing i found out...well remember that dumb glitch last year where you draft a player and they are already 10 year pros...Well ik how to fix this now...

All you have to do is upload the players DNA from the draft class to the server back out and edit him in the DNA list and put his years pro at 0 and re enter that one into the draft class...

It maybe extra work but its worth it...

Also wondering if anyone knows how to make players 18 years old in the draft class when creating players...Is there a way to make them younger than 19?
Old 10-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #20
Rookie

do you have an estimate for when the roster, first draft class, and playbooks will be updated? Been playing some on the roster and it’s a lot of fun. I’m excited to get deep into a 2K8 MyLeague when that stuff is all ready.

In the past I never got into these custom rosters and stuff and what you’re doing adds so much fun and replayability to the game. It’s so cool and I’m just excited to get into it.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #21
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch0z
*UPDATE*

I got done about 30 of the players for the 2008 draft class ...its really coming together nicely ....

Also a little cool thing i found out...well remember that dumb glitch last year where you draft a player and they are already 10 year pros...Well ik how to fix this now...

All you have to do is upload the players DNA from the draft class to the server back out and edit him in the DNA list and put his years pro at 0 and re enter that one into the draft class...

Also wondering if anyone knows how to make players 18 years old in the draft class when creating players...Is there a way to make them younger than 19?
That's cool about the years pro thing. I wish that I would have known that a month (and three semi-fictional draft classes) ago.

As far as I can tell, you can't make players 18 anymore. A few weeks ago you could by changing their birth month to May or June IIRC but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #22
MVP

Clutch0z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRambo7
do you have an estimate for when the roster, first draft class, and playbooks will be updated? Been playing some on the roster and it’s a lot of fun. I’m excited to get deep into a 2K8 MyLeague when that stuff is all ready.

In the past I never got into these custom rosters and stuff and what you’re doing adds so much fun and replayability to the game. It’s so cool and I’m just excited to get into it.
I am pretty much finished with the 2008 draft i took a break but i have about 10 more players to make for it...So far i have 50 players done for the draft...

(I decided to do even the bad players so there are no random generic players being added in the game)

It takes more time this way but will be better in the long run....It only took me about 2 days to get done a full draft class...I will do the last 10 when i wake up and upload it a little later
Old 10-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #23
MVP

Clutch0z's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
That's cool about the years pro thing. I wish that I would have known that a month (and three semi-fictional draft classes) ago.

As far as I can tell, you can't make players 18 anymore. A few weeks ago you could by changing their birth month to May or June IIRC but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.
I found out a way to do it....Just keep opening up new draft classes and scroll through them to find a player thats 18 and create the player on there and upload it to the DNA...But this is only for created players for the real players i wish we could play with it more
Old 10-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #24
Rookie

studdley_'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch0z
*UPDATE*

I used that exact strategy for my 2014-2018 drafts (obviously not 2019 because their years pro is already at 0 lol). good to see other people finding out about it. it really is so much better than drafting them and then going through each team's roster to change all the rookies years pro back to 0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »