Home

Why do custom rosters crash?

This is a discussion on Why do custom rosters crash? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2020, 05:10 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Why do custom rosters crash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
I have never seen an issue with the number of free agents. Copying the same player multiple times could be an issue.

My best advise is to "NEVER" delete roster players. Only delete caps or roster lock caps. The best thing to do is make your cap , save him. Then import that cap on top of a NBA player on roster. Instead of deleting full teams, it saves you from bugs , crashes and also remove the nick name usage from cap made players.

example.

1. Make Cole Anothny CAP, save it.
2.Open roster
3. Edit Tray Young, hit import player = Cole Anthony
4.Save player

If you go by this route you should be fine, I always do this and never have had issues.

But every time i hear people delete all players from rosters there is always bugs.

Hope this helps.
The thing on that mate is that if for exp. I going to make mike James of cska over some original player of 76ers the player importing with its caps but the micro picture of his face remains as it was . Of original player .
Do you have any solution on that ?
Old 05-31-2020, 07:49 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

My game just began sending me back to the XBox dashboard after making jumpshot edits. It's at max capacity for players and I did delete some guys (I didn't realize this wasn't a good idea until this thread).

I seem to be able to use the roster for games fine but editing a player now kicks me back to the dashboard. Might anyone have any suggestions moving forward?
Old 05-31-2020, 10:18 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
My game just began sending me back to the XBox dashboard after making jumpshot edits. It's at max capacity for players and I did delete some guys (I didn't realize this wasn't a good idea until this thread).

I seem to be able to use the roster for games fine but editing a player now kicks me back to the dashboard. Might anyone have any suggestions moving forward?
Only edit Offline and be sure when you go Offline restart the game. The game will still randomly Reset at times but not as often as when it is Online. I save multiple times as I am editing. Good luck.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 09:55 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Only edit Offline and be sure when you go Offline restart the game. The game will still randomly Reset at times but not as often as when it is Online. I save multiple times as I am editing. Good luck.
Mine crashes every time I go to start a my league with a Last Dance roster
Old 06-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta388
Mine crashes every time I go to start a my league with a Last Dance roster
Check the contracts on all the players. There is probably one that say 0 years for $0. That will cause the crash. I haven't personally checked that Roster but i have seen it in other Rosters.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-13-2020, 01:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
I have never seen an issue with the number of free agents. Copying the same player multiple times could be an issue.

My best advise is to "NEVER" delete roster players. Only delete caps or roster lock caps. The best thing to do is make your cap , save him. Then import that cap on top of a NBA player on roster. Instead of deleting full teams, it saves you from bugs , crashes and also remove the nick name usage from cap made players.

example.

1. Make Cole Anothny CAP, save it.
2.Open roster
3. Edit Tray Young, hit import player = Cole Anthony
4.Save player

If you go by this route you should be fine, I always do this and never have had issues.

But every time i hear people delete all players from rosters there is always bugs.

Hope this helps.

Hey so I'm on 2K21 for Xbox one, and I made a 2000-2001 roster in hopes I could share it with the 2K community and use it myself. I previously (about 2 weeks ago) tested a previous version of my roster with every team up to around the Sonics in alphabetical order in MyLeague. It worked perfectly, I didn't encounter any crashes. However I recently uploaded a version with every team done, and now that version is just not there when I search it up in the MyLeague setup screen. I also realized that all the copies of my roster were not showing up either. What are your thoughts on this? Because I think something is wrong with the file and it's not telling me.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:54 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

The only time I experience crashes are when I have Player DNA in the Created Player menu.
Deleting them once they're uploaded helps stability. Too many players in that menu and it's a near lock to crash within an hour.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2020, 01:27 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had trouble with my roster file I uploaded for Xbox one, 2k20. So I decided to make sure every team had a 14 man roster to see if it would fix it. I thought it had to do with my Free agents list being empty or had deleted a whole bunch of current players from the game. After I completed the 14 man process, the roster plays well now with no freeze issues. Just have to make sure that all the teams you select in customs mode have a 14 man roster on it so it won’t freeze in custom season etc. When your team is short players, it creates a generic one to complete the roster. I think too many generic players causes a problem. I hope this helps, it helped me save my file & the time I put in.

Profile: o IMPERIAL o
File : 125 THROWBACK TEAMS UNITED

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-xbox-one.html

Last edited by THE REAL IMPERIAL; 12-15-2020 at 01:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »