Home

NBA 2K21 Attention to detail Project (PS4, PS5, XB1, XB Serie S|X and Switch)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Attention to detail Project (PS4, PS5, XB1, XB Serie S|X and Switch) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K21 Attention to detail Project (PS4, PS5, PC, XB1, XB Serie S|X and Switch)

-
cover credit: @jrdn_designs
What's up 2K Community? Are you ready for another year of sim basketball? We certainly are, and this year we are ready to bring something never seen before. Like our cover athlete, 2019 NBA Champion Pascal Siakam, we want to make history. First of all, I want to thank those who helped me with the 2K20 roster (DonMontae, itsmb8, Sapp, Permatron and DancyHercules3), it was a long process but definitely worth it. Then I would like to thank all those who have supported this project, when I first posted my roster here on this forum two years ago I wouldn't have imagined that my roster threads would get 600.000 views combined, or get posted by Operation Sports, Brian Mazique or Da Infamous NY. It's a true honor for me, and it motivates me to get even better. For real, thanks to all of you!

If you liked our 2K20 Roster you'll surely love the new features we've decided to bring in this new edition. During the last year I've received so many questions about whether it was available for XBox, PC or Switch. So I've decided to open a discord server in order to organize the work and put toghether a group of users that want to help out, with the goal of having the rosters finished in the shortest possible time. We have 6 sections: PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch and (once they're out) PS5 and XBox Series X. I'll cover the PS4 and (hopefully) PS5 side, if you want to help me or port the roster to another platform (we just need 4-5 guys per section) join our server and I'll share all the material needed and I'll be available for any questions: https://discord.gg/CKrRe3Z.

About release dates I'll update the following list based on the progression made on every platform:

PS4: ATD 2K21 (PSN: jeffruel 21) DEADLINE UPDATE https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ster-edit.html
PS5: ATD 2K21 (PSN: DefloDD) -> scenario name: ATD OPEN NIGHT (PSN: DefloDD) DEADLINE UPDATE ATD Update Final (PSN: jparks85)
XB1: not available at the moment
XBSX: ATD 2K21 (tag: CelticLG) -> scenario name: ATD Open Night (tag: CelticLG) DEADLINE UPDATE ATD Trade Deadline (PSN: CelticLG)
Switch: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...en-switch.html
PC: ATD 2K21 (user name: TONY MA)

Now, let's talk about the roster (and more!). In the last few months I have collected as much data as possible for over 500 players, tried and tested many formulas and scales for tendencies, badges and attributes in order to have the best gameplay possible. I tried to fill the gaps of the roster, I tried to add as many things as possible, always with the usual attention to detail, and now we can say that every single aspect of the roster has been edited and improved. Below you've a detailed list of what's edited and what's new:

DISCLAIMER: based on your platform some rosters may not contain 100% of the things listed below, but the game-chaning edits (tendencies, attrbiutes, badges, playbooks) are all included in every roster

1. TENDENCIES (all tendencies are edited)

Spoiler

2. ATTRIBUTES (all attributes are edited)

Spoiler

3. BADGES (all badges are edited)

Spoiler

4. PLAYBOOKS: more than 300 real-life plays added throug the various based on the style of the team, the players and their type of freelance + some more basic plays in order to maintain MyLeague's longevity. All 30 teams will have 50 plays and a balanced playbook

5. PLAY-TYPES: updated based on real-life data

6. HOT ZONES updated for over 350 plays that took 100+ shots this year (or the previous season for players like Durant, Cousins and Wall that haven't played in 2020)

7. SIG SHOTS: all shots/free throws/layups/dunks/dribble moves/post moves updated for all the players based on the suggestions of the Sig Shots Thread (all credit to woody, fc155, itrey and all the guys of the thread) -> in the work

8. ACCESSORIES & SHOES update (with frequencies!) based on based on what they wore this season

9. TRUE DURABILITY ATTRIBUTES: all injuries of players during their careers have been broken down according to body parts allowing us to update all the durability attributes based on the injuries that the players suffered

10. REAL LIFE STAFF (coaches and assistants, GMs, trainers, scouts) with grades, badges and play-styles all updated -> in the work

11. POES, COACHING PROFILES, COACHING SLIDERS: updated for all 30 teams in order to replicate their real style -> in the work

12. TRANSACTIONS updated weekly until the start of the regular season

13. PLAY FOR WIN, FINANCIAL SECURITY, LOYALTY: values updated for all the players in order to replicate their style and their contract requests (veterans like Tyson Chandler or Jared Dudley will sign for a contender at the minimum salary while other guys like Marcus Morris or Terry Rozier will choose money over everything)

14. PEAK START/END updated for all the players based on the style of playing (pure shooters will last longer than athletic bigs for example)

15. POTENTIALS: corrected in order to have more stability and balance during MyLeague's future seasons, reducing the huge number of 80+ OVR players that showed up after a few years of simulation

16. POSITION CORRECTIONS based on real-life data

17. CONTRACT CORRECTIONS: adding team/player options where they're missing, correcting values

18. ROTATIONS updated for all 30 teams

19. PLAY-INITIATOR CORRECTIONS all around the league in order to have only real ball handler to call plays and handle the ball

20. REALISTIC SIM STATS: I personally put a ton of work on them because I think they're essential for a sim experience

21. HEIGHTS AND JERSEY NUMBERS: updated before the training camps

22. NEW FACES FOR BAD CAPS: faces of players without face-scan will be replaced with high-quality CAPs

23. DRAFT-AND-STASH PLAYERS added to the roster (Hands, Sirvydis, etc) (NEW)

And it's not over, we'll have:
  • specific MyLeague sliders for every aspect of the game (contracts, trade, progression, regression, morale, chemistry)
  • improved gameplay sliders in order to fit the roster and have the best sim experience
  • edited draft classes (real and fictional) from the best creators
  • and more! See the post below for more info about the ATD MyLeague Experience

Feel free to contact me here on OS via PM or with a message on this thread, if don't have an account you can find me on Twitter (@CelticLG) or Discord (@CelticLG).

#StaySafe

Last edited by CelticLG; 04-17-2021 at 05:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 04:46 PM   #2
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Attention to detail Project (PS4/PS5/XB1/XBSX/PC/Switch)

Welcome to a new way of living MyLeague. The ATD Project is launching his official Patreon account at: https://www.patreon.com/ATDProject. Donations will be used to fund the project (advanced stats sides like Synergy, BBall Index, Cleaning the glass, etc) while the other part will go periodically to different charity associations and projects at https://www.globalgiving.org/.

There're two type of membership available: Supporter and MVP.

The Supporter membership will give you access to my 50+ pages MyLeague, that will help you get the most realistic experience while playing the game, plus the three editing guides (tendencies, attributes, badges) with all the formulas that I've used and where to find the correct stats.

The MVP membership wil give you access to the four guides plus:
  • the spreadsheet with all the data put into the roster (tendencies, attributes, badges, injuries data, play-types, vitals and more)
  • the MyLeague Random Event Generator with over 150 realistic scenarios to spice up your MyLeague for any situation of the season (regular season, trade deadline, playoffs, coaching carousel, draft combine, NBA draft, training camp)
  • early access to a 4-team demo 14 days before the official release of the roster in order to try and test the roster for yourself
  • exclusive access to my fictional ATD Draft Classes created by me with write-ups from the fictional NCAA universe, storylines, busts, gems and more
  • the possibility to make any requests about player creations. You want a 2008 Kobe or a 1992 MJ created with the ATD model? You’ll have it
  • the MyLeague spreadsheet with all you need in order to keep track of your MyLeague seasons

If you like to get the guides and all the material while not supporting the project monthly you can subscribe for a month and the cancel the membership after you receive all the content. Keep in mind that all the material will be available once the roster is out.

Big thanks to all the supporters, hoping to fulfill your expectations!

Last edited by CelticLG; 12-12-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

That's all. I've started the thread 2 weeks before the release in order to see how many people want to help and which platform they use, so we can organize all the work properly.

Let me know what you think.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:13 PM   #4
Pro

Not gonna lie a bit disappointed you are hopping onto 2k21, but good luck on the roster! Hopefully they have some sort of roster share between consoles to ease the process
Old 08-21-2020, 07:20 PM   #5
MVP

CelticLG's Arena

NBA 2K21 Attention to detail Project (PS4/PS5/XB1/XBSX/PC/Switch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Not gonna lie a bit disappointed you are hopping onto 2k21, but good luck on the roster! Hopefully they have some sort of roster share between consoles to ease the process

2K20 will also receive updates

The UATD file is updated with the lastest stats, so the next one should come prior to the new regular season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2020, 08:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLG
2K20 will also receive updates

The UATD file is updated with the lastest stats, so the next one should come prior to the new regular season
What Gamertag is latest Xbox One uploaded under for 2k20?

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 08-22-2020, 01:48 AM   #7
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

You already know im going straight to the MVP supporter

Lets run it back, Celt. I'll be helping out with the PlayStation side forsure, and MIGHT hopefully end up getting a PC sooner or later to help out with that side too.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:24 AM   #8
Rookie

Here to help on the PS4 side and maybe on the PS5 side. Looking forward to seeing the greatness again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »