Home

NBA 2K21 Roster Update Adds Rookies and Some of the Recent Trades

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Roster Update Adds Rookies and Some of the Recent Trades within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2020, 12:08 PM   #41
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K21 Roster Update Adds Rookies and Some of the Recent Trades

I have to agree with J_Posse, very little work was put into this draft class. It's not just cyberfaces but in overall creation. Look into the animation packages of the players and you'll see it's true. And please stop lauding them for having the class out the day after the draft like they worked non stop round the clock on draft night to get them done. Chances are these players were created weeks in advance.

It's time to stop giving them a pass. The non-scanned faces are not good..even with the current CAP tools, better could have been accomplished. To me, it looks like they were put out just to put out the class rather than actually taking pride in a good job. IMHO

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 12:17 PM   #42
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
You can use all the emojis you want but you're still coming in hot with a ton of unnecessary negativity. They came out with a next-gen game...at launch... in the middle of a pandemic... and released draft rosters (which I assume were not included at launch for union/legal reasons) a day after the draft. Why do you feel the need to yell into the internet void about your disappoint on something so trivial. There is enough negativity around that you, surely, don't need to add to it with complaints of not getting rookie cyberfaces in a year unlike any other. Find a way to be constructive with your criticism. Maybe if more people approached things that way, we might be able to have an actual dialog with developers asking them why x is prioritized over y.

Tl;dr Relax, guy. Breathe. Take a chill pill. You'll get your cyberfaces... or maybe you won't. Your $60 is gone and you ain't getting it back. So you can enjoy the game for what it is or constantly deride it for what it should be.
Ok, sir. I'm quite aware of the negativity surrounding the (last gen) release & everything going on in the world.

Thank you for the update, though.

I'm neither screaming nor upset with their effort this year, actually next - gen is a great building block for upcoming iterations, IMO, just greatly disappointed they made such little effort (IMO) with the initial inclusion of the 2020 class.

Nor am I upset with my purchase because I love the 2K series and Visual Concepts as a development house/team.

Like I said, I hope 2K plans on adding better renders for more of the class as the season begins.

I'll leave it at that.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 11-20-2020, 12:24 PM   #43
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
I have to agree with J_Posse, very little work was put into this draft class. It's not just cyberfaces but in overall creation. Look into the animation packages of the players and you'll see it's true. And please stop lauding them for having the class out the day after the draft like they worked non stop round the clock on draft night to get them done. Chances are these players were created weeks in advance.

It's time to stop giving them a pass. The non-scanned faces are not good..even with the current CAP tools, better could have been accomplished. To me, it looks like they were put out just to put out the class rather than actually taking pride in a good job. IMHO
They are long overdue hiring people that will (as close as possible) assign/recreate the moves the NBA (now including WNBA) players do.

The tools are available to better replicate nearly every player, yet instead 2K haphazardly assigns animations (cause Keldon Johnson sure does shot like Kent Bazemore) with little care for accuracy.

Unfortunately, this year they decided to remove a lot of NBA quality animations. And who the heck knows why....

Again, it's left up to the community to really, really make the game shine.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 11-20-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:24 PM   #44
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
They are long overdue hiring people that will (as close as possible) assign/recreate the moves the NBA (now including WNBA) players do.

The tools are available to better replicate nearly every player, yet instead 2K haphazardly assigns animations (cause Keldon Johnson sure does shot like Kent Bazemore) with little care for accuracy.

Unfortunately, this year they decided to remove a lot of NBA quality animations. And who the heck knows why....

Again, it's left up to the community to really, really make the game shine.

One thing I will NEVER do - is get into a debate with ANYONE from Simworld - you guys alone COMPLETELY made 2K into its very own game!
Old 11-20-2020, 08:54 PM   #45
Just started!

Another missing misses faces on draft class, is badges on most on this rookies. Edwards is nr 1 but he doesn't have a single, I mean a SINGLE badge.

A powerful explosive slasher should have plenty finishing and shooting badges. Few playmakking knes etc. Seems like everyone not named Ball (5) or Wiseman (2) got ignored for badges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2020, 09:29 PM   #46
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New roster with draft picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemp
One new gen: roster update
I have all the draftees in my roster except Vit Krejci, Marko Simonovic, Yam Mader, and Justinian Jessup

Maybe you need to re-download or maybe your just referring to the face scans but all the draftees are there but those listed and yes I agree some face scans are terrible
i think those 4 players are staying overseas i know mader and simonovic is
Old 11-21-2020, 04:15 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka Zulu01
Another missing misses faces on draft class, is badges on most on this rookies. Edwards is nr 1 but he doesn't have a single, I mean a SINGLE badge.

A powerful explosive slasher should have plenty finishing and shooting badges. Few playmakking knes etc. Seems like everyone not named Ball (5) or Wiseman (2) got ignored for badges.
Yeah it is quite strange tbh
Old 11-22-2020, 05:25 AM   #48
Pro

boxers's Arena

I love how difficult it is for armchair quarterbacks to accept criticism.

You definitely weren't upset. Your rhetoric was completely calm and rational. How the hell did I make such a mistake? Oops, did you have to stop yourself from throwing in "pathetic" a few more times?

Quote:
How the hell didn't they have renders ready for most of these draft choices? SMDH

They better have a roster update ready soon with more renders cause this is pathetic, TBH.
Quote:
Kind of pathetic, IMO, that they thought having less than half the players with official renders & most of those ported from 2K20 was/is acceptable.
Also, you definitely, weren't upset with your purchase. You're right. I'm sure you only reference your expectations in relation to dollars paid for a product when you're totally cool with your purchase.

Quote:
And I rarely bitch & complain on here or amongst my roster editing partners, but I do expect more in a $60 - $100+ product which is the only official NBA title.
If you want to respond to criticism with sarcasm and emojis, you best bring a coherent and factual argument/response, sir. Good job, though (that's a sarcastic response, in kind). You are welcome.

You should absolutely criticize 2K. I agree with what you've said about hiring people to update transactions and players. All sports games seem to underutilize the tools they have at their disposal when it comes to editing players. To make matters worse, it seems like it wouldn't cost much (relatively speaking) to have people come in and update faces and animations, especially considering how quickly and accurately you and the others in the modding community do so. That said, not every criticism has to be levelled with inflammatory remarks. You can be forceful without resorting to abusive words.

Quote:
Ok, sir. I'm quite aware of the negativity surrounding the (last gen) release & everything going on in the world.

Thank you for the update, though.

I'm neither screaming nor upset with their effort this year, actually next - gen is a great building block for upcoming iterations, IMO, just greatly disappointed they made such little effort (IMO) with the initial inclusion of the 2020 class.

Nor am I upset with my purchase because I love the 2K series and Visual Concepts as a development house/team.

Like I said, I hope 2K plans on adding better renders for more of the class as the season begins.

I'll leave it at that.

Back on topic, could 2K do better? Absolutely. Is this still pretty good? Yes. Honestly, not reading the feedback for FIFA 21 when it launched actually helped me enjoy the game more than in previous years. I might have to start doing the same for other sports games.

Last edited by boxers; 11-22-2020 at 05:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »