Home

NBA2K22 Roster Project: 1984-85 Season (PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA2K22 Roster Project: 1984-85 Season (PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2021, 08:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K22 Roster Project: 1984-85 Season (PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
I saw you have Moncrief at 92 and Cummings at 90. So i guess you dont have the 2k official ratings as set in stone, since they are at 90 and 88 in 2k22, which i kind of agree to be honest.

I went into 2K21 out of curiosity to see what they were rated as and in 2K21 on the 84-85 Bucks team, they had Moncrief at 91 and Cummings at 82, which is just criminal. The guy averaged a career high 23.6 points that year to go along with 9.1 rebounds. He was an all-star, 2nd team all-NBA and in the top 10 in scoring average that year. But they had him as an 82??? That's so wrong, lol. For the Bucks team I did in 2K21, I kept Moncrief at 91 and bumped Cummings up to 89, which is around where he should have been.

I'm going to input the 5 teams I already had done (Celtics, Lakers, Sixers, Bucks, Bulls) and see where the overalls come out this year based upon the same ratings and badges. Then I'll compare to see if I need to adjust them a little.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:30 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Good! i love to see that B-King rating

I saw you have Moncrief at 92 and Cummings at 90. So i guess you dont have the 2k official ratings as set in stone, since they are at 90 and 88 in 2k22, which i kind of agree to be honest.

I'm a huge Bernard King fan except I know him more for his Bullets years. King was at the top of his game in 1985 and it's a shame he injured his knee. At least he still won the scoring title though.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:53 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_so_old_skool_fan
I'm a huge Bernard King fan except I know him more for his Bullets years. King was at the top of his game in 1985 and it's a shame he injured his knee. At least he still won the scoring title though.
Yeah, King between 84 and 85 was really at the top of his game! He was top 3 in those years imho, was even voted MVP by his peers in 84.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #12
Rookie

Just about have the Sixers done. I had the Bucks and Bulls 100% done on 2K21, although there is a little bit of tweaking needed due to overall ratings coming out differently on 2K22 and a couple of shot releases being removed. The Celtics and Lakers were still missing a couple of end of the bench guys when I paused work to wait for 2K22. So I'm going to transfer over the Bucks and Bulls next and then I'll post a preview of the Sixers plus those 2 teams this weekend.
Old 09-18-2021, 05:29 PM   #13
Rookie

The 1984-85 Sixers are finished up. Here is a look at the roster and also the shot forms for the main core: Malone, Erving, Toney, Barkley, Cheeks and Bobby Jones. Also, Clemon Johnson and George Johnson are in one of the historic draft classes but they are bugged and eventually cause your roster file to lock up during editing (same thing happened with those guys in 2K21) or they become invisible players and you can't see them on the court . So I had to do new appearances for both. I noticed that some of the overall ratings change in the substitution screen from what is reflected in the roster file and on the opening line-ups screen. So I'm assuming that's just some sort of visual bug in the substitution screen. Next up is the Bucks since I had them already completed for 2K21.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:26 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo3772
The 1984-85 Sixers are finished up. Here is a look at the roster and also the shot forms for the main core: Malone, Erving, Toney, Barkley, Cheeks and Bobby Jones. Also, Clemon Johnson and George Johnson are in one of the historic draft classes but they are bugged and eventually cause your roster file to lock up during editing (same thing happened with those guys in 2K21) or they become invisible players and you can't see them on the court . So I had to do new appearances for both. I noticed that some of the overall ratings change in the substitution screen from what is reflected in the roster file and on the opening line-ups screen. So I'm assuming that's just some sort of visual bug in the substitution screen. Next up is the Bucks since I had them already completed for 2K21.

Damn so we cant use Clemon Johnson and George Johnson? Whoa...too bad 2k didnt upload "old" Doctor J for offline users...i think he is available for my team, right?
Old 09-18-2021, 07:17 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Damn so we cant use Clemon Johnson and George Johnson? Whoa...too bad 2k didnt upload "old" Doctor J for offline users...i think he is available for my team, right?

Correct. You can export their DNA from the draft class but once you start editing them in the roster file, things get glitchy. Was trying to get Clemon Johnson's contract added, which has to be done from the roster file, and it kept locking things up. Then I went into freestyle and Clemon is a ghost, can't see him on the court...he had no face image from the roster screen either. I thought maybe George Johnson was okay but then I go into Freestyle and he's a ghost too, can't see him...loaded up an exhibition game, same thing. They were both buggy last year when I was working on this roster too. You might get by with them for a little bit but it won't take long for the glitches to hit.

If I can find a good face for older J, I may use it instead. They changed the default faces somewhat so the same settings from the last couple of years don't look quite the same on these faces. I have no idea about MyTeam, I don't play that mode.

Last edited by jimbo3772; 09-18-2021 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2021, 11:50 PM   #16
Rookie

Messed around trying to create a mid-80s Dr. J for the Sixers roster and this was the best I could come up with. Can't really make "thin" faces with the current options. Is this face preferable to the in-game one? It's a trade-off of the face vs. the hair.
Attached Images
File Type: png J1.png (138.2 KB, 131 views)
File Type: png J2.png (146.8 KB, 128 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »