Home

NBA 2K22 - Tendencies - A better Realism - For Roster creators

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 - Tendencies - A better Realism - For Roster creators within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2021, 02:31 PM   #9
Rookie

Sheitan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 - Tendencies - A better Realism - For Roster creators

dahoops > Indeed you can consider tendencies represent the Artificial Intelligence of each players. For the simulated games and in-game.

This is a very important aspect of the game as it will define how players will behave in-game.

Feel free to use my data I shared it for everyone so that we can all learn from each other and make the game better.

I have received some support recently and I am thinking of building a CPU vs CPU roster based on the ATD Roster (because it's the most realistic roster and very closed to my vision).

If that suits you, you'll maybe have a look when it will be released and any feedback are welcome !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
Quick question on your spreadsheet I see your Touch column for freelance touch values. Where is your column for Freelance Shot? What’s the abbreviation? Only one I can’t find. Thanks.
What do you mean by "freelance touch" and "freelance shot" ?

"Touches" represents how often a player will have a system running for him in-game.

And CPU players are going to take shot regarding several tendencies like "spot up 3", "drive pull up mid", "stepback 3", "off-screen 3 shot",.. there is not only one tendency to control them all in terms of shooting in-game

Last edited by Sheitan; 11-25-2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #10
Rookie

Under individual tendencies in edit player menu there is a freelance area which has touches which it appears you have in your spreadsheet and also a freelance shot rating which is assuming is how often they take a shot while in freelance mode (when a formal play is not run). I don’t see freelance shot in your rating spreadsheet. Below that rating is the ISO ratings vs various defender types.
Old 11-25-2021, 05:55 PM   #11
Rookie

Sheitan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evtnj
Under individual tendencies in edit player menu there is a freelance area which has touches which it appears you have in your spreadsheet and also a freelance shot rating which is assuming is how often they take a shot while in freelance mode (when a formal play is not run). I don’t see freelance shot in your rating spreadsheet. Below that rating is the ISO ratings vs various defender types.
Oh sorry indeed I forgot this area where we are also able to modify player tendencies !

So the tendency "shot" in Freelance area corresponds to the "simulated games" shot tendency. It has no impact in-game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2021, 08:45 PM   #12
Just started!

thanks for hard work , just 1 question how do we go about the badges
Old 11-26-2021, 05:46 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheitan
dahoops > Indeed you can consider tendencies represent the Artificial Intelligence of each players. For the simulated games and in-game.

This is a very important aspect of the game as it will define how players will behave in-game.

Feel free to use my data I shared it for everyone so that we can all learn from each other and make the game better.

I have received some support recently and I am thinking of building a CPU vs CPU roster based on the ATD Roster (because it's the most realistic roster and very closed to my vision).

If that suits you, you'll maybe have a look when it will be released and any feedback are welcome !

What do you mean by "freelance touch" and "freelance shot" ?

"Touches" represents how often a player will have a system running for him in-game.

And CPU players are going to take shot regarding several tendencies like "spot up 3", "drive pull up mid", "stepback 3", "off-screen 3 shot",.. there is not only one tendency to control them all in terms of shooting in-game
Hey, first of all, great work! This is exactly what i am looking for when 2k22 stops downloading after like 3 days today. If you need help with any type of testing let me know, im more than happy to help and have a lot of time atm.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:01 AM   #14
Rookie

Sheitan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieSmooth
Hey, first of all, great work! This is exactly what i am looking for when 2k22 stops downloading after like 3 days today. If you need help with any type of testing let me know, im more than happy to help and have a lot of time atm.
Thanks a lot ! I will create a specific thread for this CPU vs CPU Roster with the current road map and what should be done.

I will also create a Discord server similar to the ATD one to first not pollute it and to share information in a more efficient way than in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcgamer103
thanks for hard work , just 1 question how do we go about the badges
We will take the ATD Roster as a base, for attributes, badges, playbooks, play-types and so on because CelticLG, Vann and all the others contributors have done an amazing job.

From here we will do some adjustment because the CPU vs CPU game is a bit different from the User vs CPU one. For instance, the isolation offense and the transition are not well managed by the CPU and therefore it requires some badges such as "Downhill" or "Quick first step" that you won't find in the ATD Roster.

I also recommend for those who want to play User vs CPU to use directly the ATD Roster, my roster will be focus on CPU vs CPU, a sort of NBA 2K Manager
Old 11-26-2021, 12:17 PM   #15
Rookie

Sheitan's Arena

Please find the discord server here : https://discord.gg/H64Npr2dUr

It will be easier to discuss and you can find the road map there.

Here a snapshot of my final testing for CPU tendencies, on the CPU isolation game :

My ultimate goal is to balance the offense so that each strategy has a pretty similar expected points/possession as we have in real life:
- post game
- midrange
- shooting 3
- pick&roll
- isolation
- transition

And when you see James Harden with all dribble badges at a gold level and not even winning vs DeAndre Jordan in isolation you can clearly conclude the defense is too strong with current sliders/or attributes

Last edited by Sheitan; 11-26-2021 at 02:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2022, 07:43 AM   #16
Rookie

HELLO MY BRO SHEITAN. IS THIS STILL AVAILABLE?? I DON'T SEE IT WHEN I TRY TO LOAD 2K SLIDER BROO.

WASSUP BRO REPONDS MON REUF PLZ.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »