Home

ZTEN11: 2000s "4&4" Mix Roster (Xbox Series X/S)

This is a discussion on ZTEN11: 2000s "4&4" Mix Roster (Xbox Series X/S) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2022, 08:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
ZTEN11: 2000s "4&4" Mix Roster (Xbox Series X/S)

NBA 2K22

Have you ever wondered what it would be like for the mainstream stars of the LeBron, Kobe, Curry and everyone-in-between eras to all go head to head and compete for the ultimate throne while in their primes at certain ages?

Well here you have it - everything boiled down into one generation from: Kobe and LeBron facing overwhelming challenges with their somewhat limited rosters, to the good old Spurs with their big three plus Kawhi Leonard, Dirk and Luka playing together in their primes, KD and Russ back together on OKC, a new CP3/AD duo, another go-around for D-Wade and Shaq, of course we won't forget the classic Warriors, and YOU NAME IT.

This unique mix of all 30 teams has been randomized to an extent - all with players that once played for their respective teams, whether 2 years or 15 years. The intent was to balance the tides of the NBA while also giving teams different possible directions to go in based on overall roster makeup, player ages and realistic potential scales which are also sure to be fascinatingly recreated. The teams most drastically affected were the Celtics and Nets (due to the millenial-changing trade) as well as the Knicks with a different group surrounding Melo.

Many of these former All-Stars or borderline All-Stars are not at their peak ratings because of the way team talent has been distributed - I didn't want this to be all that similar to the all-time teams, where the ratings are all sky high and not indicative of real team basketball. I wanted this to be just the opposite - a real team effort with some former high-caliber players settling in as role players.

The draft class below features a group of 20 players who were not included in the original roster - Zion Williamson, Rudy Gobert, Darius Garland, Deandre Ayton, Andrew Wiggins, etc. - and is essential to go with this roster in year one of your MyLeague. There are quite a few All-Stars who did not make the cut at all. Reason being is this is obviously already a star-studded league and I felt the default 8 players per roster would suit the league best. Rosters will automatically be filled out with the lesser talented free agents once you start MyLeague.

I want to hear everybody's stories about how their leagues play out throughout the next few months - and I am even hoping some will enjoy this so much that they don't even bother with 2K23 until way later on, or just simply go back to 2K22 for the sole purpose of this roster. This was really tough, time-consuming work and could only be a one-time project (although I may try it again for 2K23 based on the feedback).

(Suggested sliders to go with this roster)

THANK YOU AND ENJOY!

ROSTER INDEX - - - - (ALL ROSTER INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND ON THE 4&4 TAB - PLAYER RATINGS, AGES & CONTRACTS - THERE ARE 8 PLAYERS PER TEAM, 4 OF WHICH HAVE 1-YEAR DEALS, 3 OF WHICH HAVE 2-YEAR DEALS, AND ONE OF WHICH HAS A 3-YEAR DEAL)

GAMERTAG: SPAZZLIVE05

FILE NAME: 2000S 4&4 MIX ROSTER

DRAFT CLASS DL: 4&4LEAGUE

MyLeague Thread

Last edited by zten11; 07-08-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2022, 10:49 AM   #2
MVP

Re: ZTEN11: 2000s "4&4" Mix Roster (Xbox Series X/S)

For the 3 downloads I got, I am updating a few player ages here and there. Would suggest re-downloading for sure in a couple of hours.

Last edited by zten11; 07-04-2022 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-04-2022, 11:06 AM   #3
MVP

TEAM PAYROLLS FOR 2021-22 SEASON (adjust your league salary cap accordingly):

(see on spreadsheet)
Old 07-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #4
MVP

All ready to go!
Old 07-04-2022, 07:06 PM   #5
MVP

Now that I have finally finished making rosters and am ready to play the game, does anyone know if 2K22 has become any more acceptable for having CPU teams in MyNBA as opposed to controlling all teams? Or is controlling all teams still mandatory for a halfway good experience in MyNBA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2022, 10:35 AM   #6
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Zten this sounds outstanding and by the looks of of it you have put a ton of time and effort into this, I will grab this and have a look. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Edit..

Roster is great, what is your suggestion after the first class?

Last edited by StormsWarning; 07-05-2022 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:24 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Zten this sounds outstanding and by the looks of of it you have put a ton of time and effort into this, I will grab this and have a look. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Edit..

Roster is great, what is your suggestion after the first class?
Absolutely did. Thank you for noticing. I actually made one more player update so I would restart your league if not too late. (for other 4 downloads too)

Suggestion after the first class is probably to create your own. All you really have to do is export player DNA. That's what I did, edited players, and it was really easy.

I would have done more, but as you see, most of the focus was put on the roster itself and thoughts on the future were mostly put into player potential.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:48 AM   #8
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by zten11
Absolutely did. Thank you for noticing. I actually made one more player update so I would restart your league if not too late. (for other 4 downloads too)

Suggestion after the first class is probably to create your own. All you really have to do is export player DNA. That's what I did, edited players, and it was really easy.

I would have done more, but as you see, most of the focus was put on the roster itself and thoughts on the future were mostly put into player potential.
It's all good man, I literally just set this up so it should be updated with your latest patch. I kinda did a mix a match for courts to, like I did some 90s and 2000s and current mix.

Thanks again looking to be very fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »