Home

Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2023, 09:08 PM   #105
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe NBA 2K23 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2
Hi Mike - I interpreted the comments about FTs to be the % from the line and not about the frequency of getting fouled and sent to the line. I would expect the Driving Contact Shot Frequency slider (and the Inside Contact Shot Frequency slider) to impact getting fouled, but not actual free throw shot % when at the line.

Honestly, for Real % free throw shooting (and for the CPU) I have found it's gotten better recently. But the only way I have found to influence the in game FT% for Real % and the CPMU is with roster edits to the FT attribute.

For a while my Human controlled team was shooting about 90% for the season. I got it down to closer to 80% by reducing the FT attributes of the players on my team. Then 2K tweaked something and I was shooting like 50% all the sudden.

So I put the FT attribute back to about where it was before and now I tend to shoot between 65% and 80% most games with a roughly high 70s average which I'm happy with.

For user control FT, you can adjust the Human FT slider but I only use Real % so cant talk to the effects.

Note - I am on PC so old gen, not new gen. I can't talk to the new gen experience, though I suspect the basic concepts apply for Real % FT shooting.

Also - for fouls to get to the line, I have made a lot of roster tendency adjustments to help get that behavior where I like it. I find you can only do so much with the sliders for fouls.
To clarify, yes I believe most here are aware it seems odd that a slider that's not FT success would impact it, but it's a theory we're testing out. I'll respond in more detail later on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2023, 12:17 PM   #106
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I'm simply going to roll with the sliders as is. I have a team of good FT shooters, and shooting in the high 80s through 3 games isn't reason enough to overreact.

Here's another question: It doesn't seem the game is setting my training schedule at all. Doesn't that usually at least automate a general schedule if I leave it untouched?
Old 02-07-2023, 07:22 PM   #107
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Been having a blast so far with this expansion Sonics team in @NBA2K 23 (PS5). Brandon Miller has been a stud for us!

Streaming gameplay now as we look to improve to 3-1 in the early 2023-24 season.
https://www.youtube.com/live/xFMhRcKot48?feature=share
Old 02-10-2023, 11:00 AM   #108
Rookie

uknTactics's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Does anyone know how to fix the arena glitch for expansion teams and/or custom courts? I have a crazy grayed out effect over everything.
Quote:
I figured it out!

And what solution did you find for it? I had the same problem with an expansion team last night.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:14 PM   #109
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknTactics
And what solution did you find for it? I had the same problem with an expansion team last night.
I do it all through the Team Relocation section. I go in there as if I am trying to relocate my team. I then just reload the team that I downloaded previously, and it fixes those weird arena issues. So I obviously never relocate, but use that area to replenish my teams info/data.
Old 02-10-2023, 08:56 PM   #110
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
I do it all through the Team Relocation section. I go in there as if I am trying to relocate my team. I then just reload the team that I downloaded previously, and it fixes those weird arena issues. So I obviously never relocate, but use that area to replenish my teams info/data.
Yeah - I occasionally have my 3rd jersey get messed up or just disappear. Reloading the uniforms from my uploaded save under the relocate menu fixes it.
Old 02-12-2023, 12:32 PM   #111
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I've never had to adjust a slider set LESS than in 2K23. How are things going for you all?

Still working through my Sonics expansion MyNBA in 2024. We're 4-2 so far with some rough defense, and SF rookie Brandon Miller being a stud early on for us.

I'm thinking of maybe increasing scoring ability under the basket to help increase scoring for both teams. I'm not for certain, but feels like I'm seeing teams miss too many shots down low even if they're not perfectly clean. These dudes are NBA players and should be able to handle a bump.

Also, directional passing still drives me nuts in places. I'm open to suggestions on how to tighten that up with the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2023, 01:03 PM   #112
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

I've updated the first post to v1.9. Hoping to see more under the basket aggressiveness and scoring.

Also, I'm going to try the pass controller settings at:
74, 1, 25 instead of 98, 1, 1. Hoping to see less WTF Pass moments when trying to hit a guy cutting etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »